Xiaomi Yi Camera: GUI Control & Configure from PC (Win/Lin/Mac)

like this http://chernowii.com/raw-gopro. Not sure if that's the raw before debayer or just uncompressed YUV. Photographers will know what I mean..

It's great we have the 7878 json commands reverse engineered but I think that is only a small amount of the functionality the AL7S has.. anyone know if these autoexec.ash "t app" style commands work on the xiaomi?

You can do that with an autoexec.ash file. The command is:
t app test debug_dump 0

But the raw file is pretty useless, we would need some software to convert it to DNG or something our programs understand.

funnel: Do you have some example of such raw file please?

i am almost done with rewritten file transfer (download part), will be releasing it within minutes

0.5.4 - File transfer rewritten, file chunk size (Expert)

- Fille transfer goes through camera Data port instead of web interface
- That means you can download ANY file from camera
- File transfer speed now smooth (averaging through whole transfer)
- EXPERT: You can now select transport file chunk size (tweak your speed)

File uploading will come next ;)

Andy_S, what the hell si "kill all puppies" ? :D
some internal joke? :D
did not tried that one, just in case :D

Leto: I was just tired as hell when i was trying that, i had only one option in the menu and i needed more, so i typed some nonsense :D You cannot even select it, its greyed-out :)

You can do that with an autoexec.ash file. The command is:
t app test debug_dump 0

But the raw file is pretty useless, we would need some software to convert it to DNG or something our programs understand.
@funnel could you show more example usage on *.ash file?

funnel: Do you have some example of such raw file please?
I'm not him, but I've got one RAW file from my Yi. ;)

BTW, the .ash command to get a RAW file is different from mentioned above. The correct one is "t cal -raw 2 1 0". But be aware due to this command execution leads to some NAND record that will block any further "t" command run from autoexec.ash along with this "/MISC/itm.bin" file appears on SD.

Here is the result of RAW->JPEG conversion compared with in-camera JPEG (left):
jpeg-raw.jpg

Last edited:
Yep it will need to be debayered with dcraw or similar.

Is there a list anywhere of these commands? Are there "t" commands for setting the exact jpeg compression rate, or locking shutter speed? For drone images I'd need very low compression and shutter speed of around 1500 or faster to ensure minimum blur.

I wish Ambarella was a bit more open about these commands and had some documentation online, or an SDK available..

I'm not him, but I've got one RAW file from my Yi. ;)

BTW, the .ash command to get a RAW file is different from mentioned above. The correct one is "t cal -raw 2 1 0". But be aware due to this command execution leads to some NAND record that will block any further "t" command run from autoexec.ash along with this "/MISC/itm.bin" file appears on SD.

Here is the result of RAW->JPEG conversion compared with in-camera JPEG (left):
View attachment 13494
Hi @nutsey !
So you mean after the Yi Cam took RAW pictures, it won't action any more? and needs to reboot again?

[UPDATE SOME TESTING]
Today, I tested one of the autoexec.ash according to https://github.com/kerenmac/Xiaomi-Yi/blob/master/Autoexec_commands.txt
works great:
Code:
sleep 30
t app key power
sleep 4
t app key power_rel
another one works too:
Code:
sleep 30
poweroff yes
This means, when power on the Yi Cam, and wait for 30-seconds, hold the power button for 4-seconds, then release the power button.
My Yi Cam automatically power off as expected.

But I can not found out a way, when the Yi Cam is power off, I plug-in the USB power cable, and how to power on the Yi Cam using the *.ash script.

I will keep trying...

Last edited:
Hi @nutsey !
So you mean after the Yi Cam took RAW pictures, it won't action any more? and needs to reboot again?
In my case only "t" commands stopped running, seems like they are ignored during execution of .ash script. The others like "sleep", "poweroff" from busybox are working.

In my case only "t" commands stopped running, seems like they are ignored during execution of .ash script. The others like "sleep", "poweroff" from busybox are working.
Could you tell me how to decode the YDXJ0672.RAW? thanks

Could you tell me how to decode the YDXJ0672.RAW? thanks

Try to use this tool with attached config file (replace original). http://e2500.narod.ru/raw2dng_e.htm
Open raw2dngw.exe, drag&drop RAW file to it, click Convert button. So you will get a DNG file that can be opened with Adobe Camera Raw plugin.

PS: This config file also allows to convert RAW files from GoPro Hero3 Black.

Attachments

• config.zip
    214 bytes · Views: 14
Last edited:
Anyone else tried to get a RAW file with "t cal -raw 2 1 0" command?

My first RAW :mad:
my full autoexec.ash code:
Code:
sleep 30
t cal -raw 2 1 0
sleep 60
poweroff yes
Great! These timings work for me. I can capture RAW again. Never mind /MISC/itm.bin file. Thanx!

Hi @nutsey ! you means if delay using "sleep ###", can take more RAW files at the same time? OK I will try again and works:
Code:
sleep 30
t app key shutter
sleep 10
t cal -raw 2 1 0
sleep 10
t app key shutter
sleep 10
t cal -raw 2 1 0
sleep 30
poweroff yes

"t app key shutter" is taking normal photo
"t cal -raw 2 1 0" is taking raw photo

Last edited:
0.5.3 - SD card detection implemented (on program launch)

There you go luckylz :) THX for the tip with space size, implemented as well ;)
Program also detects if the memory card is formatted or not and displays request if it isn't.
Hi @Andy_S !
I suggest if No SD Card, the user still can access & change [Configure], just can not access [Camera Control] & [File Manager].

Just now, I want to change some setting without SD Card inserted, then can not be done.
No SD Card.png

Back