Xiaomi Yi Camera: GUI Control & Configure from PC (Win/Lin/Mac)

Rob115

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Using with ThiEye T5/T5e does produce resolution 768x432 @29fps (this resolution used for second video file when you select dual files option in camera settings) and no way of changing it to using options of CC.exe any tip how to switch it to 1920x1080 60fps?

OP
ecqu

ecqu

Reaction score
Country
Estonia
Hi

can anybody tell me if this PC software (CC.exe) is able to work with Yi Dash Camera?
This camera wifi SSID is YiCarCam_f620e2 and it assigns IP 192.168.1.33 to my PC, while the camera IP address is 192.168.1.254 (at least it replies for ping to this IP)?

I always get Cannot connect to address specified.

I am starting to think that it can be only for Yi Action Cam, isn't it?
Using with ThiEye T5/T5e does produce resolution 768x432 @29fps (this resolution used for second video file when you select dual files option in camera settings) and no way of changing it to using options of CC.exe any tip how to switch it to 1920x1080 60fps?
Using this on other cameras may mess up some settings, please don't try it as it is very unlikely to produce results.

No Thing

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Hi, i use Windows 10 and just trying to connect Xiaomi Yi. I have DL Xiaomi Yi C&C and have DL VLC. But after i clicked Live View then pop-up a message written VLC Player not found. Use your preferred player to view : rtps://XXX.XXX.XXX . Do you have any solution for the problem ? Thanks.

PhilipM

Reaction score
Country
Poland
So I've been trying different things and still no luck, can't get the damn camera to connect and there is something strange happening...

First of all I too get that "Cannot connect to the address specified".
I've bought a TP-Link WN821N USB WiFi adapter that works and I'm connected to my Yi Action 4K (not sure if there are any gens like 1/2 old/new but its the newest one, not Yi Action, not Yi Action 4K+/Lite, just Yi Action 4K).

I'm running Windows 10 64 bit, CC version 0.6.10 downloaded from github, the camera firmware/version is 1.10.9 Build 2748r.

I'm able to display live view (with around 1,5 second of delay, low quality, lots of compression blocking/artifacting at low resolution and occasional signal dropout) in VLC by connecting to rtsp://192.168.42.1/live but the app no matter what I do won't connect to it properly, after displaying that message I get this: httpsA:A//imgur.com/a/d6MtN4X (delete two A between https : and //, for some reason forum blocks imgur links)
so it clearly is connected because it can read battery % and SD card usage but nothing else works, can't reeboot, format, do factory reset via the app, can't control, configure or use any functionality of the app.
Also I'm not sure if there is any point in making this work, I want at least full 1080p 60 fps or at least 1080/720 30 fps high bitrate/quality output, is it even possible or the live view will always look like crap (like the one from VLC)?

If so what good, cheap 1080p 60/30 fps webcam do you reccomend, should I check something from comapnies like Yi or I'm just best to go with Logitech one or something?
Also are there any other ways to get high quality live view from these via WiFi or is there finally a USB support? I tried doing it with the official App - streaming to Youtube, set it as private, then screen capture website in OBS and then stream to a proper website (in this example Facebook). It works but my network is too weak to support two live streams at the same time so the quality once the second stream starts goes down and is worse than live view in VLC. Also tried making my own RTMP server but couldn't get it to work (only have the NGINX display when typing in my IPv4 into a browser but the camera (the same technique, via official APP but this time in custom url instead of my Youtube streaming key/link I typed rtmp link with my IP but the camera couldn't connect this way).

Xermalk

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
I know if used this ages ago, but i just cant get the RTSP or even file transfers working on my yi.
I can start burst photo/recording on my z22 yi, but rtsp refuses to work with vlc and other rtsp viewers like ffplay.

Iv even tried all the different firmwares on the YI. v 1.2.0 1.2.6 1.2.10 and 1.5.12.

I was hoping to use my retired yi to monitor my 3d printer, butthe live feed seems to only work in the phone app. and that has to be connected directly instead of through my router :(

Is there something in the wifi scripts that messes up the live stream or file transfer?

Code:
autoexec.ash

sleep 10
t pwm 1 enable
sleep .5
t pwm 1 disable
lu_util exec '/tmp/fuse_d/wifi/sta.sh'
t pwm 1 enable
sleep 1
t pwm 1 disable
#Uncomment following line for network keepalive watchdog; EDIT watchdog.sh BEFORE USING!
lu_util exec '/tmp/fuse_d/wifi/watchdog.sh'

wpa_supplicant

ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
network={
ssid="yyyyyy"
key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
proto=WPA2 WPA
pairwise=CCMP
psk="xxxxxxxxxx"
}
-------------------------------------------

watchdog.sh

#!/bin/sh

# Use existing IP in your network that the camera will ping & use to verify its connection status (generally your AP IP)
HOST="192.168.144.2"

# How many pings in one batch (default=10)
COUNT=10

# What percentage of network availability you require (default=70 = 3 drops of 10 will cause network restart)
PERCENT=70

# How long to wait at most for each ping to arrive (default=3 seconds)
WAIT=3

# Action to take when the network is down
ACTION=/tmp/fuse_d/wifi/sta.sh

# COUNT * WAIT = time (in seconds) before camera inits a restart if there is a drop. Higher COUNT, better precision for percentage

while [ 1 ]
  do
    count=$(ping -W $WAIT -c $COUNT $HOST | grep 'received' | awk -F',' '{ print $2 }' | awk '{ print $1 }')
    if [ $count -lt $(( $COUNT * $PERCENT / 100 )) ]; then
      $ACTION
    fi
  done

-----------------------------------

sta.sh

#!/bin/sh

MyMAC="04:E6:76:01:01:01"

#set to 1 if you want to use mac specified above (custom MAC address) in case you get random ones.
#!!!DOES NOT APPLY IF YOU HAVE STATIC MAC!!!
CustomMAC=1

if [ -e /tmp/wifi0_mac ]; then
    mac=`cat /tmp/wifi0_mac`
fi

mac2=`cat /proc/ambarella/board_info  | grep wifi_mac | awk '{ print $2 }' | tr '[:lower:]' '[:upper:]'`

if [ "${mac2}" == "00:00:00:00:00:00" ] ||  [ "${mac2}" == "" ]; then
    if  [ $CustomMAC -eq 1 ]; then
        mac=${MyMAC}
    fi
fi

wait_wlan0()
{
    n=0
    ifconfig wlan0
    waitagain=$?
    while [ $n -ne 6 ] && [ $waitagain -ne 0 ]; do
        n=$(($n + 1))
        echo $n
        sleep 1
        ifconfig wlan0
        waitagain=$?
    done
}

killall -9 hostapd hostapd_autochannel_retartchip dnsmasq udhcpc wpa_supplicant wpa_cli wpa_event.sh 2> /dev/null
killall -9 hostapd hostapd_autochannel_retartchip dnsmasq udhcpc wpa_supplicant wpa_cli wpa_event.sh 2> /dev/null
rmmod bcmdhd

insmod /lib/modules/bcmdhd.ko firmware_path=/usr/local/bcmdhd/fw_apsta.bin nvram_path=/usr/local/bcmdhd/nvram.txt iface_name=wlan dhd_msg_level=0x00 op_mode=1 amba_initmac=${mac}
wait_wlan0
driver=nl80211

/usr/bin/wpa_supplicant -D${driver} -iwlan0 -c/tmp/fuse_d/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf -B
sleep 5

#either static or dynamic IP (DHCP)

ifconfig wlan0 192.168.144.250 netmask 255.255.255.0
#udhcpc -i wlan0 -A 2 -b -t 30

Last edited:

paradoxum

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Do I connect to the cameras wifi on my PC first, then try to connect with the program? because either way doesn't seem to work for me, using the right IP for the device. Just says couldn't find x specified.