Xiaomi Yi Custom firmware with lastest revision

Hi! Can someone explain me, what this custom firmware does? Is it only bitrate change? There is a little info in 1st post.
Does it reduce noise-reduction? If not, how can I create some script to have 1024 value?

I creating this new thread, because in the other one it's becoming a little messy doing a firmware for everyone. I'll try to keep it up to date.
In here you'll find only two type of firmware, because are the same for different build of camera.
You can check md5 on your own to be sure about that.

Both of firmware are customized to get 35Mbps for every resolution in High Quality mode.
Medium and low quality are untouched.

Before flash rename it "firmware.bin" and copy in the root of microSD card.

Firmware Base : 1.2.13

1) For build : 22 - 23 - 23A - 23S
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxO_QexYT9EAT2xFWmZQcUtWUVU/view?usp=sharing

2) For build : 22L - 23L
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxO_QexYT9EAcVdRZy05OWt4alk/view?usp=sharing

Because is not a secret how to customize bitrates in a firmware I'll add the video that explain really well how to do it, and who want to try could do it ... :)

Enjoy...! ;)
Thanks , Fried: Since downloading and flash of the fw hack for Z23 the high bit rate has doubled for a ten second video from 19.8 MB to 46.6 MB!

Thanks , Fried: Since downloading and flash of the fw hack for Z23 the high bit rate has doubled for a ten second video from 19.8 MB to 46.6 MB!
I once saw a facility to contribute to the developer, repost it?

Hello to all !
I've looked over all the Internet and could not get a solution for my problem so I decided to post here after reading all your comments.
I recently purchased a Xiaomi Yi Sports Camera, model Z25, with firmware 1.3.
I want to hack my camera with some script to improve its video quality (disappointing I find, with factory set-ups) but it seems that my firmware 1.3 doesn't allow scripts to be executed.
And I don't feel capable to downgrade using the DirectTool USB solution, am too afraid to break my camera!!

So my questions are :

=> is there a script that is "useable" with the Firmware 1.3?
=> if not, will there be one? Maybe there isn't at the moment because the Firmware is too recent?

Thank you all for your replies :)

Hello to all !
I've looked over all the Internet and could not get a solution for my problem so I decided to post here after reading all your comments.
I recently purchased a Xiaomi Yi Sports Camera, model Z25, with firmware 1.3.
I want to hack my camera with some script to improve its video quality (disappointing I find, with factory set-ups) but it seems that my firmware 1.3 doesn't allow scripts to be executed.
And I don't feel capable to downgrade using the DirectTool USB solution, am too afraid to break my camera!!

So my questions are :

=> is there a script that is "useable" with the Firmware 1.3?
=> if not, will there be one? Maybe there isn't at the moment because the Firmware is too recent?

Thank you all for your replies :)

Why do you need to downgrade? Cannot you just download your original firmware from the Xiaomi website, and then modify it to allow higher bitrate? Or you wanted to use scripts for something else?

Hi,

@Mighty777 : thanks for your help but unless I am mistaken, I can't use another firmware on the model Z25 than firmware 3.0. Just downloading it (and put it where then by the way? into the sd card?) doesn't work. what model do you have?

@TwoBlues : what model do you have?

Thanks for your help,

I have an original Z22L..., and an international Z231....
but I don't recognize a fw other than 1.2.13 from Yi in Jan. this year.
are you meaning the first Yi and not the new 4k?

Hi TwoBlues,

You have too Yi Sport Action? I have the first Yi but I can assure you that there is a firmware 1.3 ..

Currently, like 30 secs ago on Yi fw update website latest firmware is v 1.2.13 for the original 2k Xiaomi yi
serial numbers listed: 22, 22L, 23, 23A, 23L and 23S. I don't know other than this!

Hi,

@Mighty777 : thanks for your help but unless I am mistaken, I can't use another firmware on the model Z25 than firmware 3.0. Just downloading it (and put it where then by the way? into the sd card?) doesn't work. what model do you have?

@TwoBlues : what model do you have?

Thanks for your help,

Hi! Cannot you download firmware 3.0 (for your camera model Z25) and then open it with Ambarella Toolbox?

Hi Mighty, I actually already have Firmware version 1.3.0.
The highest video resolution setting mode I have is 2304*1296 30P 16:9.
But the few video I shot, especially when inside my house and low lights were not very good quality.
I wonder if I can do something to improve it ..

Reactions: QQQ
Hi Mighty, I actually already have Firmware version 1.3.0.
The highest video resolution setting mode I have is 2304*1296 30P 16:9.
But the few video I shot, especially when inside my house and low lights were not very good quality.
I wonder if I can do something to improve it ..

Hi Hugo, I believe you can. Have you tried to use Ambarella Toolbox and modify the firmware to allow higher bitrate? An higher bitrate, which is not necessarily introduced in a newest firmware, is an "hack" which can improve the quality. Unfortunately, the color balance of the Xiaomi Yi (and of the new Yi II as well) is not great, and a bit too "warm and greenish", but it can be corrected in post-processing with the most common video-editing softwares.

Cheers!

Hi! Is there an existing script for delete the THM files generated by the cam for every video? Thank you.

Go to the yi 2k cam category and open the Ximode 2.1 which writes script for things like superview for the original cam. It deletes the thm files if I understand the instructions.

Go to the yi 2k cam category and open the Ximode 2.1 which writes script for things like superview for the original cam. It deletes the thm files if I understand the instructions.

Yes, but the Ximode is not for free, also I would like only to delete thm files, or add simple scripts, I don't want to modify other things.

Yes it is .If you go the last page a forum member has alink. Page 11, I think!

Back