Xiaomi Yi Custom firmware with lastest revision

Unfortunately, I can't. I bought it used. Probably it was the selling reason... Thanks a lot for your answers! Cheers

Unfortunately, I can't. I bought it used. Probably it was the selling reason... Thanks a lot for your answers! Cheers
If you lived c!oser I'd say send it to me-for parts. Also on EBay-there are owners of Yi's with scratched lenses looking for replacements
Ciao!

Hey gang,

This seems to be the official and latest non-factory firmware thread. I've read the OP, watched the video, download the firmware but still can't find what exactly it does differently to the hardware vs. the factory firmware (looking for a specs list etc)? Can someone tell me the difference?

I have the following camera:
Model: YDXJ_v23L
Serial Number: Z23L523S2061505
Currently fw: 1.0.13

Will it provide any difference/capability of recording in 1080P 60fps?

Thank you,
Roy

Hey gang,

This seems to be the official and latest non-factory firmware thread. I've read the OP, watched the video, download the firmware but still can't find what exactly it does differently to the hardware vs. the factory firmware (looking for a specs list etc)? Can someone tell me the difference?

Thank you,
Roy[/QUOTE
The fw for my Z22L is currently 1.2.13.

Hey gang,

Thank you,
Roy
My Yi is ser.# is Z22L ... Fw 1.2.13.. To fix cam shutdowns.

Thanks ,Fried: I've seen an 16% increase recording 2k from 103 MB's in a minute, to 122 MB's! Funny though, the ring light was functioning red instead of blue, for a short time,now,normal!
After filming when I post process in my Corel video studio software, and format the card ,will the improvement " go away"?
No you won't lost any improve cause they are flashed inside cam memory not microsd card..

Hey gang,

Thank you,
Roy
it's simple with custom firmware in this thread you'll get an higher bitrate, so better video quality than factory firmware..

Guys please help! I lost all hope.

The video has something like a layer of grainy noise on it (looks like the whole frame is moving/flickering), no matter the lighting.
In lower light situations its extremely visible, rendering the camera useless.

Here are the links for 2 videos with the problem:

(2k, 30fps, 35mbps)

When I take a picture, the grain is gone.

Things I have tried this far:
*Refocusing
*installing modified firmware
*denoise autoexec file
*turning on and off auto light feature

Nothing helps!

I don't feel grainy video in these two footage, take in mind that you shoot inside with artificial light, try to shoot outside in a sunny day to test grain issue..

watch very close to the screen, you see the whole picture is "moving" because of the noise? just stare at one point to see it.
outside the same, bit harder to see but still existing.

no video that I ever saw from Xiaomi Yi has this "moving" buzzying grainy noise in it, even in relatively low light conditions

After installing this Custom firmware the Wi-Fi has become very slow and pretty much unusable, is this normal? Can I roll back to stock without any problems?

watch very close to the screen, you see the whole picture is "moving" because of the noise? just stare at one point to see it.
outside the same, bit harder to see but still existing.

no video that I ever saw from Xiaomi Yi has this "moving" buzzying grainy noise in it, even in relatively low light conditions
The flickering that I saw on the video, I might be mistaken... but in my experience, it is caused by the artificial light... it emites light in a frequency that is captured by you camera, its is the same thing that happens we you record a monitor/tv screens, depending on the camera settings it will record some flickering on the screen... try diffents frame and bitrates...

As Fried said, try outside in natural light and you see the difference (I hope :) )

I created a short video to really compare both firmwares.
I did not really find a huge difference, but I'm keeping it anyway ;)

Hello,

Sorry for maybe being rude, but its been a while since ive been using custom firmware and somehow at some point i formatted my sd card because of a virus. Now i want to know what are you guys using for daily recordings? I mean which Custom firmware and what autoexec? There are so many different threads about specific topics , so its hard for me to choose from. I think it will also be good for people that are new to forum and want to get most of the camera without getting deeper into everything. I am interested about filming 1080p 60 fps. 35mbps maybe. Or I should film everything in 2k? Thank you very much in advance, and sorry for my english. It is not my native language.

Hello,

Sorry for maybe being rude, but its been a while since ive been using custom firmware and somehow at some point i formatted my sd card because of a virus. Now i want to know what are you guys using for daily recordings? I mean which Custom firmware and what autoexec? There are so many different threads about specific topics , so its hard for me to choose from. I think it will also be good for people that are new to forum and want to get most of the camera without getting deeper into everything. I am interested about filming 1080p 60 fps. 35mbps maybe. Or I should film everything in 2k? Thank you very much in advance, and sorry for my english. It is not my native language.

I'm using molded 35 firmware
1) For build : 22 - 23 - 23A - 23S
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxO_QexYT9EAT2xFWmZQcUtWUVU/view?usp=sharing

2) For build : 22L - 23L
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxO_QexYT9EAcVdRZy05OWt4alk/view?usp=sharing

And usually 2k@25 fps so I can stabilize the footage later and still have full HD

And it's not rude, everybody started small

Ok i have a problem. I am having problems with filming 2k. Footage flickers and lags a lot, the weird thing that its not showing some information when you look at a properties of a file(maybe that will get you on something)...
a2f91z.png
29ojzhu.png
From the properties i can see that it records on 35mbps. By the way when i try to open the file, the default size that player pops out is small comparing to the 1080p video which is almost fullscreen itself. Any help? :/

so I'm guessing you are using a moded firmware ?

Can you maybe upload some sample footage with flickering ?
The first thing I can think of that your SD-Card cannot hamdle such high bitrates.
Do you have a class 10 SD-Card ?

It says 10 on the card, but i bought it from china, so it can be lower class, because it was cheap. Actually that makes sense. Thank you. I will reasearch about class 10 sdcard from legal shops in my town. cheers

Back