Xiaomi Yi Firmware Caution

Which Videomode was active? In high framerate modes, the live view via app will be disabled and on super high framerate mode (that 240ish fps mode) there will be no sound.
Thank U, I use 120p

Hola chicos! He intentado varias veces pero no puedo conectar la cámara por wifi con la v1.0.12. He tenido que volver a la v1.0.0 y a pierde a menudo la conexión. Cual es la versión de la app y de la xiaomi más estable? Mil gracias

Mod firmware of 1.0.12 with Z221 works good for 1080p/25~30fps @35Mbps, 1080p/50~60fps @40Mbps, 1080p/100~120fps @40Mbps.
View attachment 13411

Hi,

Can you share the firmware which can use 1080p/100~120fps@40Mbps?

Since the official Android app does not have 1080p/100~120fps option to choose, is there any special app can access this new feature.

Besides, if it can record 1080p at 100~120fps@40Mpbs, does it means that there is a potential possibility of 4K at 25~30fps @40Mbps?

I'm very nterested on this. I you share it with us I think everybody will be apreciate it. Thanks a lot.

Its unfortunately just a typo,
I got this reply when i asked him over pm.
"I mod this firmware using the tools named A.F.T. in this forum.
A7L cannot do the job for 1080p/100~120p"

hi all,

in previous thread i mention my yi camere was bricked after downloading and upgrade firmware manually by downloading the firmware from their website.
i think there is a lot of people have the same problem with me. im thinking to bought another yi for my drone. what do you thing? or should i consider another brand? please help me to decided, thank you very much for your kind attention.

Firmware upgrade is a risky job for any device. I don't think that the Xiaomi Yi camera is a much worse on this issue than another equipment. Don't fix what isn't broken is the most important rule.

...but on the other side I hope that we will soon see more important firmware updates for a VIDEO SHARPNESS CONTROL etc.

Firmware upgrade is a risky job for any device. I don't think that the Xiaomi Yi camera is a much worse on this issue than another equipment. Don't fix what isn't broken is the most important rule.

...but on the other side I hope that we will soon see more important firmware updates for a VIDEO SHARPNESS CONTROL etc.

yeap, but that rule only apply if with new firmware won't come new functionality ;) (e.g.: bluetooth control)

So guys, what your opinion? Should i get a new one with not doing any firmware upgrade? Or... Considering another brand? Such as SJ5000 maybe?
Please help me to decide, thank you

leto: Since they are planning to release bluetooth remote, they HAVE to finish bluetooth support in the firmware. :)

Hm, I own 10 of these things, and I've been trying to update firmware tonight.

I downloaded several different firmware 1.12 versions from the Xiaomi site, per the hardware versions indicated by the serial #s on the back of my Yis.

I rename the correct version "firmware.bin", put it on the root of a blank SD card, and pop it in the Yi connected to power. On bootup, the Yi does the 'firmware updating' beeping only 2-3 times and then quits beeping. When I remove the SD card and check the firmware version, the Yi has not updated. I've tried this on 3 different Yis, each with a different firmware version. No luck so far.

Anyone else having this issue?

Thanks

Format sd card in YI than try to update.
Mike

Thanks for the suggestion Mike, but I tried formatting the SD card from the Yi and I get same result.

To be more specific about what happens:
1. Normal bootup sequence of beeps
2. First "firmware update beep", LED is purple
3. Second "firmware update beep", LED turns red
4. Third "firmware update beep", LED purple again.

And then no more beeping.

I've attached a screenshot of the SD card contents after the attempted update. New files are created, but even when I leave the Yi untouched for 10 minutes, still no beeping, no sign of updating.

I may play Russian Roulette and try updating through the app... but I hear that's bricking some people's cameras...

Attachments

• SDcard.JPG
    SDcard.JPG
    22.1 KB · Views: 23
Your firmware file is too small. 12Mb instead of something like 40Mb. Try to download again the firmware.

yes, looks like a bad download.

Ahh... yeah, that's it! Thanks all.

Back