Xiaomi YI iPhone Apps released on itunes today

Just in case anyone needs to translate the IOS to English, this page does a good job. I was able to get the FW upgraded but it took a few tires to get it to completely upgrade and not throw an error.

1. Be sure you have a working MicroSD card inside the camera
2. http://elproducente.tumblr.com/post/117248753479/official-xiaomi-yi-ios-app
3. Wait for the continuous beeping to stop before you disconnect and power up the camera again

Good luck!

Does anyone know if the app supports syncing files from the camera to smartphone?

In all the time that i have spent trying to learn Mandarin ,this app just baffled me :).
I did cross reference the English version with the current IOS app and works fine but i didn't have to update the firmware cause i took the route of updating it via the microsd .
I am sure somewhere in the app it tells you what firmware your camera is currently running on .

Everytime after taking a video shot, i need to download it first then can preview which sometimes can be time consuming for 60 fps but in 30fps, i can preview immediately. Can anyone enlighten me ?

Which setting u normally set? 30 fps pr 60 fps? Is there any difference in quality? I will be in europe for vacation next week and should i set to 30 fps or 60 fps ?

Had exactly the same issue .
In some cases the video does not even download . I've put the quality to normal and it did work.
You can shoot at 30/60 fps just adjust the quality .

I noticed 1080 60p has no smaller preview files. Only 30fps comes with a high res and low res file.

60 fps is taking the piss to preview full stop i think there might just be a glitch in the app.

It may not be a glitch to preview, I think it's trying to preview the full res version. As I mentioned, I only see a smaller preview file with 30p videos, not 1080 60p videos.

Can anyone tell me where to download the apps for android?

Great news!
I was expecting this so much that even pictures look better now :p

Back