[Xiaomi Yi] Share your scripts and settings

Hi Aldo Duran , your xml file sound interesting !
Should I put it into XiaoYi, or use somewhere else?

Sure. attached an updated version.

Attachments

• XiaomiYI-0.2.tsk.xml.txt
    5.1 KB · Views: 126
Hi, I'm new in Xiaomi Yi modding and I tried to make a script to use 1600x1200 @60fps without success (best to use 4/3 format while mountain biking ..). I'm on the 1.2.6 firmware, camera revision Z23L.

Could someone help me with this script ? I'd like to use it with 30 or 35 Mbits.

Thanks !

YiMAX-movie script. Gives flat picture with reduced denoise and sharpening. Other in-cam filters and settings are also tweaked.

Please leave your feedback to improve script features.

Attachments

• yimax-movie-1-2-6.zip
    895 bytes · Views: 207
Feedback on YiMax-Movie:
1. coring settings can only be changed after removing the battery, they seem permanent until then. I think 10 or 8 should be the coring default.
2. it introduces a sound into the video that sounds like autofocusing of a DSLR. (weird!)
3. it introduces chromatic aberration at some edges

which line is the watercolor-reduction?

Feedback on YiMax-Movie:
1. coring settings can only be changed after removing the battery, they seem permanent until then. I think 10 or 8 should be the coring default.
2. it introduces a sound into the video that sounds like autofocusing of a DSLR. (weird!)
3. it introduces chromatic aberration at some edges

which line is the watercolor-reduction?

1. Coring default is 21-24 depending on video mode.
2. Maybe it's just wifi on?
3. Yeah it looks like CA, but it is not CA, it's chroma median filter reduced to some level.

"Watercolor" or "plastic" look is produced together by several filters, but FIR sharpening has major effect here.

Thanx for your feedback!

I meant, instead of 14 you should choose a coring value of 10 or 8 even.
wifi is off. I attached an mp3 of the noise. I do not have the noise with your normal YiMax script.
If it is not CA, you should definitely change that setting again as it produces blue edges on my white monitor screen.

Attachments

• yimax-movie-sound.zip
    21.7 KB · Views: 57
Oh I see. Please feel free to change coring values according to your own needs.
Wow, that noise is weird. Gonna track it.
Seems like built-in CA reduction works in conjunction with median filter as it also reduces color artifacts in details.

Tasker task:
added a reboot at the end, so the camera will boot with the new autoexec.ash
<com.sonelli.juicessh.tasker.BUNDLE_EXTRA_STRING_COMMAND>root
rm /tmp/fuse_d/autoexec.ash
/bin/cp /tmp/fuse_d/auto1.ash /tmp/fuse_d/autoexec.ash
exit
/sbin/reboot</com.sonelli.juicessh.tasker.BUNDLE_EXTRA_STRING_COMMAND>

coring settings only work when cam starts up in video mode AND I have to remove the battery before every change. Else, they stay at last settings. anyone have a fix for this? Maybe even firmware mod for coring settings?

@nutsey: I do not see any difference in watercolor effect. This one is really annoying, hope you can fix it!

Last edited:
hi everyone!!!
just one question... higher coring values implies sharper video?

ooook... I found the answer in the "sharpness script" thread ;)

"Original coring setting are 256 numbers with values about 18-24. Large values of these numbers are given more sharpness in the image"

The problem with this is, this is digital sharpness. Nothing more than contrast increase at all edges. I prefer to keep coring to 8, which equals no coring at all, so the "real" sharpness is whats left.

Hi

Is there a script to give another filename to clips? example: from "YDXJ+0000" to "NAME+0000"

thank you

You could write a script like that. if you dont want to, use Ant Renamer.

Thank you Schnurbi. Actually I don't really know how to script anything like that. Renaming the files after import could be quite dangerous (I am planning to shoot with multiple cameras)

I've tried to combine some lines that I've found here. Here's my ash

#set video resolution to 2304x1296 30fps
writeb 0xC06CE446 0x02
#set bitrate to 35Mb/s
writew 0xC05C1006 0x420C
#disable sharpening
t is2 -shp mode 0
t is2 -shp cor d:\coring.txt
#shadow/highlight clipping adjustments
t ia2 -adj l_expo 163
t ia2 -adj autoknee 255

it's paired with a coring.txt with 256 zero.

The sharpening lines don't work for me. I try to remove battery.. no way. I don't know how to start up camera in video mode. Anyone have a solution?

I keep only two lines of image tweaking to recovering highlights and lowering a bit the exposition.
The gamma line (gamma 220) that I found in other scripts seems to "stretch" too much the signal

you can set the bitrate even higher if you want.
you should disable denoising too.
download a coring.txt and modify it. do not go lower than 256 x 8 - everything lower is blurring!
use the Yi app to set startup mode to video.

Attached is my personal CINEMATIC LOOK settings, based on nutseys YiMax and other scripts.

Attachments

• 1_FILM.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 350
thank you Schnurbi, good ash!
I tried your script, it works fine. I am not sure to keep the gamma line. It makes the whole clip brighter but it seems not a real improvement: histogram shows less range.
It seems good to disable denoising.
No way to remove sharpen... I've tried all script.. arrrrrggggh

Back