[Xiaomi Yi] Share your scripts and settings

finally! some results!
the only way to activate the sharpen removal is as Schnurbi previously had said.

ALWAYS start in video mode
1 - turn on the camera, wait the full load of your script
2 - turn off the camera
3 - pull out the battery
4 - insert the battery
5 - turn on the camera, wait the full load of your script

now you're good to go but, if you turn off your camera, you have to restart the whole procedure (1-5)

...very frustrating..

I think you can start at step 3.
turning off camera might be ok, as long as you only shoot video. no photos.
Mostly I have to do a factory reset, set startup to video and quality to high, then battery out, then script loading.
also, if you take a photo, settings are gone, too.
The best option would be to change coring via firmware mod.

try the ftp option, its great for changing scripts via your phone!

I think you can start at step 3.
turning off camera might be ok, as long as you only shoot video. no photos.
Mostly I have to do a factory reset, set startup to video and quality to high, then battery out, then script loading.
also, if you take a photo, settings are gone, too.
The best option would be to change coring via firmware mod.

try the ftp option, its great for changing scripts via your phone!
Hey, thanks for your hard work! Didn't know taking a photo wiped the settings :|

I'd like to try the FTP method, do you have a guide on what I need? I assume I connect to the camera wifi, use a FTP client like Filezilla to connect to the camera's default IP?

Yeah just use what I provided in my attachment, which is the line for executing ftp.ash, and of course the file ftp.ash on the card.
once you boot that script,
you can connect to the cam with your favorite ftp client. I use it to connect my phone to the yi, and via ES File Explorer I exchange the autoexec.ash scripts or review the footage i took in full quality. :)

Yeah just use what I provided in my attachment, which is the line for executing ftp.ash, and of course the file ftp.ash on the card.
once you boot that script,
you can connect to the cam with your favorite ftp client. I use it to connect my phone to the yi, and via ES File Explorer I exchange the autoexec.ash scripts or review the footage i took in full quality. :)

I was able to FTP in with ES File explorer and see the linux file system. But I couldn't find the folder where the files are stored. Any ideas?

thank you Schnurbi, I hope too for a firmware mod.
Did you find a way to set an iso limit to the videos? When I shoot at night the camera seems to push up too much the iso

you can set the bitrate even higher if you want.
you should disable denoising too.
download a coring.txt and modify it. do not go lower than 256 x 8 - everything lower is blurring!
use the Yi app to set startup mode to video.

Attached is my personal CINEMATIC LOOK settings, based on nutseys YiMax and other scripts.
Nice script schnurbi, I only don't understand why you firstly set bitrate to 50Mbps and then same address set 40Mbps?

lines with # are not active. the script keeps all the options

right! 50mbps does not always keep recording, that is why i keep 40mbps for important shots.

I guys, i need your help, on that moment i use the xiaomi to fly on my Xugong, and yesterday i see the footage with less sharpness, is possible i put a script to give a litlle more color to the footage ?
On that moment i use 1.2.10 23L and my settings is : 1920/1080 24p, what script you guys recommend ?

well you can use the yimax script or my movie script, it has all the options for turning down saturation, you can use them in the opposite direction if you want. I always do this in editing later. :)

well you can use the yimax script or my movie script, it has all the options for turning down saturation, you can use them in the opposite direction if you want. I always do this in editing later. :)

Thanks for your reply:) Where i find your movie script ? is easy edit the script ?

it is in this thread. just try to learn what the settings do. its fun :) make sure to use notepad++ or PSPad for editing.

it is in this thread. just try to learn what the settings do. its fun :) make sure to use notepad++ or PSPad for editing.
I see, thanks:)
I have some questions:
1- This script is compatiblle with my firmware 1.2.10 with 23l ?
2-I can enable and disablle functions inside the script ?

Last edited:
Hi guys, I have been searching on this forum and using Google but I cant seem to find any tutorials on making scripts. is there any out there? all ive been doing lately is copy/pasta from various scripts on here, sometimes they work sometimes they don't. I don't mind this method but I would at least like to know what it is that I am doing. also, can more than one script be ran at once? think I saw a post earlier where they mention to have separate cards for each. any tips would greatly be appreciated!

Hi guys, I have been searching on this forum and using Google but I cant seem to find any tutorials on making scripts. is there any out there? all ive been doing lately is copy/pasta from various scripts on here, sometimes they work sometimes they don't. I don't mind this method but I would at least like to know what it is that I am doing. also, can more than one script be ran at once? think I saw a post earlier where they mention to have separate cards for each. any tips would greatly be appreciated!
If you can read/translate italian --> http://sjcamitalia.net/forum/thread-157-post-576.html
If you can't:
  1. download a script from dashcamtalk
  2. modify it using notepad++
  3. if you want 2 scripts, separate these with an empty line (copy the second in the first with notepad++)
  4. the last line must be empty
  5. save without changing the saving options
  6. enjoy

Back