Xiaomi Yi Sports Camera - Custom Firmware (Base 1.0.7) - Bitrate Increased to 30Mbps all modes

@jotka I've just tried a video here on the custom 1.0.7 and no clicking noises - I tried with WiFi off, WiFi on, and then tried with the app connected and streaming but still no clicking so not sure what's happening there.

I'm using a Samsung Evo card at the moment with no issues - just wondering if it's the write speed of the card causing an issue maybe?

Tom that's a new one - what is in the wifi file and the other one please?

If you pull the battery out to turn the camera off and then try again does it work?

Actually if you remove everything including the firmware.bin file and turn the camera off, remove the battery, wait 30 seconds, replace the battery and turn it back on does it turn on?

It's not actually flashed anything at all yet - but it's weird how it's written the wifi.conf file to the microSD card as those files are usually on the internal file system.

I've just been doing some reading up on firmfl for those that can't get it to work and I'm wondering if you guys need to use the same full firmware file that you already have on the camera as it says it does a CRC check.

@GJHS are you still on 0.7 mate?

It's as though they've changed something somewhere which is meaning the cameras that are failing getting to 1.0.7 cannot use firmfl to flash firmware back - one thing to try is to try using a copy of vanilla 1.0 with firmfl and then try vanilla 1.0.7 if that doesn't work - it's possible firmfl doesn't work with custom firmware files.

The problem is how do we get hold of a full vanilla 0.7 - currently my extraction script doesn't work properly with 1.0.7 and generates a 38MB file instead of 52MB file and I'm just looking into it now.

Now its ok and I have to admit that you need to change step 1 for those who follow step by step without thinking all around :)
After I downloaded the file I went to Total Commander and rename the zip file to firmware.bin. My fault was that I didnt unzip the file and renamed the file inside zip.
After all - I formatted the card, unzip downloaded file, copy to card, pull out the battery for 30 seconds, pull it back with the card, power on the camera and within 1 minute its ok for now - my camera is updated to fw 1.0.7 :)

But I'm satisfied with a quick response from you reverend, thanks ! :)

Ah yes I did change it from a raw file to a zipped up file just so that it would ensure the file wasn't corrupted - I'll update the instructions but I'm glad yours has worked :)

The camera does do a CRC check of the file before it will flash it which is why it wasn't taking the raw zip :)

Try factory reset and then update one more time. After this tell Us if it fixed the problem.
still the same after factory reset.

What microsd cards are you using to get that noise again?

I'm trying an old Samsung Pro card over the Easter holidays with custom 1.0.7 and I'll see if I can get this noise too. I've got to admit I don't tend to use the Wi-Fi mode so it could maybe be interference but I'll see how it goes over here too.

Hi

I also have the problem of "helicopter noise" when I turn on the wifi. I tested with two different micro sd cards (Samsung Pro 64GB, and 16GB Sandisk Ultra) but The problem is not the cards . I have the original firmware in Xiaomi . I think is a hardware issue .. The same happens in the GoPro in some units !

Cheers

Ah thank-you - it sounds like potentially something that's only fixable in hardware in that case! Maybe the extra bitrate means the A7 is susceptible to more interference?

I have a new HP tablet and that has noise on the headphones and so far the only workaround is change the display frequency from 60Hz to 53Hz - maybe this is a similar problem?

Hi,
i got the sound problems too, but only in 30fps, when i switch to 60fps the sound is good.

Ive tried checking out the linux side. Nothing here as well.

reverend: Could you do a 45mbit firmware? I would try that. Or was is hard to do it yourself?

Hi, Ive similar problem with noise in recorded video, like some synchro clock distortion. It seems to be independent on video quality, but for me disapear while i switch down the wifi. May be it is not isolated microphone cable near the wifi modul (not pretty well cam assembly?)

Great post !
I've got some experience on updating firmware.
Just format the micro SD card before update firmware, no matter you want to OTA update or micro SD card update.
It worked for me.

Confirmed lines No.9~11 belongs to 1920*1080p@60fps
1080p-60fps.png
I've test on my 16GB 300x class-10 micro sd card, lost approx 2 seconds during saving videos between 2 files.
YDXJ0194.mp4.png
YDXJ0195.mp4.png
So using 50Mbps, must need a high speed memory card.

nice feel like sharing your firmware.bin. I could do my own tho, guess it will save time :)

Hi team,

I've two questions... because I've doubts before upgrade my Yi Sport Camera... and I've and iPhone (I can't use Xiaoyi App to upgrade)

1st Q: Could I know the firmware version using autoexec.ash commands?

2nd Q: To upgrade to v1.0.7 custom firmware, Is it recomemded to upgrade first to v1.0.7?

Thanks for your replies.

Better upgrade the firmware 1.0.7 using the App "Yi Camera" in Android Mobile, preferably be Samsung or others with stable installation at this moment.
You have to upgrade it through WIFI connection from the Android Mobile to your Yi Cam. Make sure you've charged up your battery and inserted the micro SD card beforehand.
After the upgrade, you will be noticed from the Mobile App that firmware 1.0.7 has been installed.

The Password for all the WIFI connections is 1234567890

Attachments

• IMG_1809.JPG
    IMG_1809.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 30
Back