Xiaomi Yi Sports Camera - Custom Firmware (Base 1.0.7) - Bitrate Increased to 30Mbps all modes

there are a lot of samples of 30 mbps video, but nobody compares it with the original one (stock bitrate) in image quality. I mean two samples (original and 30 mbps) from the same place and same time uploaded on mega would be great. Also as I know the camera cut video into 1.85 GB parts and each one is 9-12 minutes long (fullhd 60 fps)... How long clips it creates with moddified firmware? Thanks

Is there any way to change jpg compression in photo mode?

Could someone post the 30mbps 1.0.9 custom firmware please?

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't the default Firmware in CBR Mode only? I think VBR would be much better, as the Xiaomi pumps out 12mbps (1080p 25fps) all the time, even if I record an empty room for 20 minutes.

I was thinking stock firmware was VBR because VLC displays variable bitrate in properties

Sorry, you are right, although the range of available bitrate seems to be extremly tight around that 12mbps mark (@1080p 25fps), so that's the reason why 10minutes video footage always has approx. the same file size, no matter if there is a lot of movement/detail in the video or just black frames.

I don't understand very well. What is the best setting? CBR? VBR? Who has tested the Ru firmwares?

edit: Who could post them here, I can't register this russian forum due to russian capcha :-(

Last edited:
Thank you ratmirslv, but I can register the RU forum because I can't manage the russian Captcha...

Could you post them here?

Thanks a lot!

@ratmirslv yeah, can you ask the author for a link outside of 4pda, its nearly impossible to register there. anyways, thanks @reverend for the early firmware mods.... just a simple question, is it remotely possible to have a way to control the exposure value on this camera?

It would by great to have a guide how to make these firmwares step by step

Back