Xiaomi Yi Sports Camera - Custom Firmware (Base 1.0.7) - Bitrate Increased to 30Mbps all modes

guys, anyone else has an issue with cutting video files with 40 Mbps bitrate? Maybe it's too much... I guess it is caused by immidiate change in variable bitrate during taking a video. I mean like if you recording outdoor and indoor enviroment within the same video
If you mean "cutting video" is Yi Cam recording video over 40Mbps will automatically cut the files, then you should try get a faster tf-card.
As I mentioned before, slow card will lost data about 1 or 2 seconds during saving video to diff files.

35Mbps VBR on 1080p 60fps is optimal settings. For stability on preview mode use CBR. VBR on small bitrates loses

Yep! I think 35Mbps is a reasonable Max bitrate for Yi Cam.
Even higher bitrate can not provide more details from the camera due to the hardware limitation.

I tested continue recording video about 30mins with my new Samsung EVO 64GB tf card (SDXC UHS-1), works great, and no more lost data/time lag between 2 files.

I have SanDisk MicroSDXC 64GB Extreme UHS-I (U3), GoPro Edition

is it fast enough? :D

I had this issue with 30 Mbps (fullhd 60fps) too... :-( Now I'm back on stock firmware at it looks it works fine again without cuttings

I have SanDisk MicroSDXC 64GB Extreme UHS-I (U3), GoPro Edition

is it fast enough? :D

I had this issue with 30 Mbps (fullhd 60fps) too... :-( Now I'm back on stock firmware at it looks it works fine again without cuttings

Try format the card in the Yi Cam. (If this still does not work, sorry, that is all I can suggest)

Where are the firmwares 30Mb based on the official 1.0.9?
The first message are based on 1.0.7

Last edited:
There are three firmwares based on 1.0.9 on page 7 of desmen3 of leakydog and other Evgeniy. Which one is the best?

Where are the firmwares 30Mb based on the official 1.0.9?
The first message are based on 1.0.7
There are three firmwares based on 1.0.9 on page 7 of desmen3 of leakydog and other Evgeniy. Which one is the best?
desmen3 firmware increased bitrate only on 1080p NTSC 60fps mode. My firmware increased bitrate 30-120% on all mode!

Last edited:
Try format the card in the Yi Cam. (If this still does not work, sorry, that is all I can suggest)
I formatted the sd card via xiaomi yi app and it works as it should now :) No more short cuttings :) Thanks! I hope it is not just happy coincidence though

Sup. Sharing my custom firmware here (some asked to re-upload here :D).

VBR - Variable Bitrate
CBR - Constant Bitrate
ABR - Average Bitrate

firmware_1.0.9_30mbps_VBR.bin.7z
firmware_1.0.9_30mbps_CBR.bin.7z
firmware_1.0.9_30mbps_ABR.bin.7z

I used the first firmware.
I cant' compare it withe the standard firmware, thus I dont' know if the behavior is the same.

Using a Sandisk 16Gb HCI U1
taking pictures with Timelapse every 2 seconds, I got mostly every 4 pics (but happened also sometimes after 5 or 3) a longer delay, like 3-4 seconds, at least according to the beep when the picture is taken before the next serie of 4 pics with correct 2 seconds delay.

Just to recap: 4 picture are being shot with a 2 seconds delay btw each one, then there is a longer delay like 3-4 seconds and then another series of 4 pics.

The Xiaomi sharpness seems a bit on the soft side compared to Gopro for example, its like using gopro protune on soft settings, this is actually good for post editing, but worse for default, I tried adjusting the focus on the lens it was almost great, did manage to increase photos file size from 3.7MB to 4MB (better focus, more details, bigger file size), but its still a bit soft, when i post edit my video and add sharpness it looks great.

Any chance to make a custom firmware with higher sharpness?

desmen3 firmware increased bitrate only on 1080p NTSC 60fps mode. My firmware increased bitrate 30-120% on all mode!
That firmware appears to be no longer available on Mega. Is there a more up to date link?

Another attempt allowed me to download. I am not updating for the moment, as my camera has a problem with sound (like many others). I want to see if they will replace it.
OM

Last edited:
That firmware appears to be no longer available on Mega. Is there a more up to date link?

Another attempt allowed me to download. I am not updating for the moment, as my camera has a problem with sound (like many others). I want to see if they will replace it.
OM
У тебя случаем не Мегафон провайдер?

У тебя случаем не Мегафон провайдер?
Нет, ушёл с Мегафона в Билайн почти 3 года назад.
OM

lol he posted it everywhere. hoy jesse john stop spamming the forum. wag papansin pls.

Back