Yet another new issue with my T130

DJFroggy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey guys,

I thought everything would be fine after receiving the new rear camera. I now record 3 channels with no issues. However, the recording still stops and starts by itself every so often. I have a 256gb SanDisk Extreme card in it now. I also have a Samsung Pro Endurance, SanDisk Max Endurance and some Gigastone 256gb 4k High Endurance cards. They all do the same thing. I'm tired of all these issues with this camera and may be done with Viofo. The bitrate sets itself to the minimum setting by itself all the time and I constantly have to set it back to maximum but I have no idea when it does it so I constantly have to check. I've suspected that their's something wrong with the main unit since day 1. Now it's almost out of warranty. Hopefully @viofo @VIOFO-Support can help.

I had the high endurance sandisk card in the T130 and it worked fine, i would assume the MAX endurance would be fine too, i did not find the T130 system to be particular finicky in regard to memory cards.

What is your power source ? Do you have another one you could try like a USB power bank or whatever.

Try to run it a few days without the rear camera attached,. A flaky connection to rear cameras have tripped up systems, this mostly reported on USB plug / connecting cameras.
I have experienced random recording stops myself back in the day testing the Zenfox T3 system, i dont think we ever got that narrowed down to what it was.

You can also try to use a lesser image quality / bitrate setting for a few days to see if that change anything.

Hey guys,

I thought everything would be fine after receiving the new rear camera. I now record 3 channels with no issues. However, the recording still stops and starts by itself every so often. I have a 256gb SanDisk Extreme card in it now. I also have a Samsung Pro Endurance, SanDisk Max Endurance and some Gigastone 256gb 4k High Endurance cards. They all do the same thing. I'm tired of all these issues with this camera and may be done with Viofo. The bitrate sets itself to the minimum setting by itself all the time and I constantly have to set it back to maximum but I have no idea when it does it so I constantly have to check. I've suspected that their's something wrong with the main unit since day 1. Now it's almost out of warranty. Hopefully @viofo @VIOFO-Support can help.
I didn’t try a 256GB memory card on my T130, but 64GB and 128GB work without problems.
You can have 10 memory cards available, but if they are all problematic, then all 10 of them will not work with the T130.
Although I do not exclude the problem of the T130 itself. Marriage in production has not been canceled.

I didn’t try a 256GB memory card on my T130, but 64GB and 128GB work without problems.
You can have 10 memory cards available, but if they are all problematic, then all 10 of them will not work with the T130.
Although I do not exclude the problem of the T130 itself. Marriage in production has not been canceled.
I need 256gb for 3 channels. 128gb isn't enough. I think I'll be looking at other manufacturers or maybe the A139 Pro 3 channel. I've tried every card that they recommended. All eventually having issues in less than 2 months.

I need 256gb for 3 channels. 128gb isn't enough. I think I'll be looking at other manufacturers or maybe the A139 Pro 3 channel. I've tried every card that they recommended. All eventually having issues in less than 2 months.
On the Russian forum, the user also had problems with rebooting the T130, and precisely because of a bad 256GB memory card. He put in a 128GB memory card and the problems went away.

He put in a 128GB memory card and the problems went away.
That not solve the problem. The camera it's advertised with up to 256GB.
It's not normal to not be able to use it with this size.

That not solve the problem. The camera it's advertised with up to 256GB.
It's not normal to not be able to use it with this size.
It is necessary to make a survey of T130 users, who and what memory cards are using:
1. Memory card manufacturer.
2. The volume of the memory card.
3. Were there any problems due to the memory card.
And then it will become clear whether the problem is with the card or with the T130 itself.

We are going to do it in this thread?

- SanDisk High Endurance 256GB, used few days. Had not not worked more than 1 or 2 hours before camera started to reboot itself continuously. Just garbage.

SanDisk A1 Ultra 128GB, used for about 6 months with no problem, after it was used 5,6 years on a A119S.

SanDisk A1 Ultra 256GB, used for about 7 months with no problem. Still using it.

Note that i am not using the latest firmware wich has reduced filming bitrates.

Last edited:
On the Russian forum, the user also had problems with rebooting the T130, and precisely because of a bad 256GB memory card. He put in a 128GB memory card and the problems went away.
I understand that it could be the capacity of the card but I require 256gb. 128gb works no problem but it's too small for me as I'm a rideshare driver. If it turns out that 256gb cards are problematic for this device, then @viofo should take it back and let me pay the difference and get the A139 Pro 3 channel. I've gone thru every troubleshooting procedure and changed the rear cable, camera and have gone thru hundreds of dollars worth of SD cards. Enough is enough. I want a new camera or to be able to trade up to an A139 Pro 3 channel.

@VIOFO-Support

It is necessary to make a survey of T130 users, who and what memory cards are using:
1. Memory card manufacturer.
2. The volume of the memory card.
3. Were there any problems due to the memory card.
And then it will become clear whether the problem is with the card or with the T130 itself.

Sandisk High Endurance
256GB
I have tried two separate SHE 256GB cards and my camera would continuously restart over and over while I am driving

Samsung Pro Endurance
256GB
Since I switched to the SPE 256GB card, I have not had one restart! It beeps maybe once or twice coming out of parking mode or hitting the wifi button but that is it

The bitrate sets itself to the minimum setting by itself all the time and I constantly have to set it back to maximum but I have no idea when it does it so I constantly have to check

I went outside to check my camera settings yesterday and noticed it was set to low which I didn't do, usually keep it on high.
I actually didn't think anything of it until I read what your wrote.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J T130 24
sanglt T130 1
Back