Yet another oblivious Toyota driver

S P

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
SGGCX2PRO & SGGCX2
Man, I'm on a roll lately. Two near accidents just in the past few days. Heavy ABS due to road salt. I was almost about to brace for impact as I felt the car sliding so much.

It looked like a little old lady, struggling to see over the top of the dash. She either needs a booster seat or a smaller car.

That's more of a 'Did I do something?' hesitation, to me.

Bonus oblivious idiot Toyota video of the day... yet another RAV4. Oh wait, I need to get into the gas station from the LEFT lane. I won't bother to signal or anything!

Bonus random pedestrian crossing the street in the middle of the road with traffic coming, no lights, completely in the shadows, and wearing a dark coat. They were fully aware I was coming and were in absolutely no hurry. They obviously wanted to get hit so that they could sue me. I almost didn't see this MFer.

I jinxed myself by saying that thing have been relatively tame around here lately, after the holidays. People were in full on stupid mode today. :rolleyes:

i liked how she CRAWLED through the intersection after you stopped, as if she was trying to punish you for getting in her way.

That's more of a 'Did I do something?' hesitation, to me.
She was fully aware of just how badly she f***ed this up, and was waving to apologize and say sorry. I just sat there rolling my eyes and shaking my head. My car was sliding on residual road salt so badly that I was honestly about ready to brace for impact and air bag deployment. I wasn't sure I was going to be able to stop. This is the A118C with the ultra-ultra-wide view. This was CLOSE.

And yeah, then she just sorta 'tip-toed' her way across the intersection. :rolleyes: If she had punched it to clear the roadway quickly I might have been able to swerve to the left around her, but instead she just locked up right in the middle of the damned road! I tell ya, I've had it up to -here- with oblivious Toyota drivers lately.

Showed this one to my wife, and even she was shocked.

I know your pain, this is an older clip with my crappy dashcam, however you get the idea.

I think that girl in the yota expected you to drive just as slow as she did, and in that case she would have been long gone before you got over there.

Some ppl are really bad at judging the speed of cars, like my mother was but at least she knew it, so often when she was on a side street about to join another street she would not make the turn before there was no cars to be seen in either direction.

I was like ???? mom i can turn this car 180 degrees and reverse onto that road before that car get here, now drive dammit :rolleyes:

...when she was on a side street about to join another street she would not make the turn before there was no cars to be seen in either direction.

I was like ???? mom i can turn this car 180 degrees and reverse onto that road before that car get here, now drive dammit :rolleyes:
Sounds just like my wife. The only way she will ever cut off another car is if the driver behind her gets tired of waiting and pushes her out into traffic. :eek:

Well, I drive a Toyota, but its not my first car. But its true that Toyota drivers seem to be somewhat slow and passive.

Today I was following car where the car was veering to one side of the lane, then notice he seemed to touching his face. When I got closer, I noticed he was eating.
It was a Toyota Solaris.

I commend you for your restrained responses - a sigh in the first case and silence in the other two. Well done!

Dude, why are you driving like a valet driver for?

Back