YI Action Camera 2 beta tester recruiting

I have done in car tests with DashCams and wear a JooVuu X on my person more often then not. I could give the Yi 2 a try if you would like. I hope to film some of the upcoming car shows. A family member also ride a Ninja they could mount it too.
Weather or not you decide to send one my way all the best luck with the new camera.

I do 360 Degree Virtual Reality videos, using 6x GoPros at the moment. But have a few extra Xiaomi Yi cameras that I ordered coming along soon so that I can do 360VR with Xiaomi Yi cameras as well.

Would love to beta test 360 Degree Virtual Reality videos with the new Yi v2 action camera!

What is about something like this -

Hi thanks for asking. Xiaoyi is one of the eco-companies of Xiaomi that focusing on cameras. You see mi band, mi power bank, mi scooter etc are all produced by Xiaomi eco-companies, Xiaomi itself produces phones.
The products from your list are Mi products, this is right. This Yi action camera is not a Mi product even just a letter is changed.

If you like to answer to questions, why Yi Technology didn't kept the XiaoYi name and changed to Yi Technology? The xiaoyi.com is redirecting to Yi site. As brand name XiaoYi is much better than Yi because is more safe to search compared to Yi and the word Technology can be confused with Technologies, so much trouble for people to search a more complicate name. XiaoYi name was good also because was so close to XiaoMi.

I appreciate that you didn't used the XiaoMi name in topic title as people need to know before buying an Yi product that is not a XiaoMi product, even all people from Yi is telling the same story about eco-plants. For example Skoda cars can be judged in the same way as some eco-plant of VolksWagen and the car dealers are not selling VW Octavia or VW Superb, are selling Skoda Octavia and Skoda Superb. They are not using the VW brand name to sell their Skoda cars. The VW group also owns the Lamborghini, but they are not selling Lamboghini Octavia and Lamborghini Superb just because Lamborghini is some eco-plant brother of Skoda.

If you are representing the Yi manufacturer you should be correct so people can trust in you.

I appreciate also the Yi idea to test the camera before official release and just in this way buyers can be sure will not buy the third Yi product with focus problems. Firmware problems can be fixed with future updates, but a hardware problem is costing much more and will have angry buyers.

enjoy,
Mtz

Last edited:
Hi I would love to beta test the new Xiaomi Yi 2 action camera, I use my Xiaomi Yi currently mounted on a Quadcopter with 3 axis gimbal. Also do the usual, mountain bikng, hiking and plenty of Travel.
Here is some footage shot with the Yi on my quadcopter:

I am based in the uk.

Hello DCT members,

Finally I'm allowed to talk something about YI Action Camera 2. I'm using it everyday and it's just amazing and I think it would be unbeatable. When will be out? As Xiaomi slogan suggests: Always believe that something wonderful is about to happen. Currently we are looking for beta testers, to quality

1) Comment below or email to sami.luo@xiaoyi.com what special/unique videos (volcano, air diving, surfing etc) you can create and provide the video footage done before(not necessary by action camera)

Hello Sir!
My name is Thodoris and I would like to beta test the new xiaomi yi.

I think that i have a very interesting place to test the new gadget..
its inside a Phantom II AUP ****pit flying in greek skies :)

I also have quadcopter with gimbal which I use the older xiaomi yi.

I have also made a side by side comparison with go pro 3.

I send you some photo from inside the ****pit and a raw footage video ;)
hope can make some new great video shooting of Santorini from above!

Hello Sami,

I follow you on youtube since the start of the first Yi Action Camera.
I'm a diver and love filming underwater with my Yi Action Cam.

I am already member of the beta testing group for the Android app and the Mi App translation team.
I'll appreciate to help you again with this new camera.

Tell me if you need help to translate into French your app, or to beta test the camera underwater or whatever.

Rockman

Also, I would like to help in the testing program.
I would use the camera in driving a motorcycle, traveling in the car as a recorder, and all what comes spontaneously to mind.

Hi!
I'm also interested!
I can use the camera for aerial video.
Take a look:

Στάλθηκε από το P6000 Pro μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Did anyone get accepted or receive a X2 cam?

Too quiet... haven't heard from them at all.

Mum is the word :D

I wouldent mind testing a sweet 4K camera, even if its the box shape i am not too crazy about.
And if it could do 1080/120 i would be over the top as thats even more attractive to me than the 4K resolution.

Hi there.

Last summer I travelled through Croatia (mainly on the seaside) with my friends and 2 of the Xiaomi Yi Cams (with Under Water Case, Suction Holder for the Car/MotorBike) and got some very nice footage and videos. We were high in the mountains, then travelled with a speedboat to many islands and also travelled through the old cities. But all these videos without handheld gimbal. This years summer (in about a month) I am travelling again with my buddies to croatia. We intendet to go to many beautiful places again. And this time I will bring my Quadcopter (endurance/long range) which is build from scratch to carry a 3-Axis Gimbal with the Xiaomi Yi cam and make beatiful videos of the croatian coast side and cities (like Split, Dubrovnik, National Park Plitvica lakes, Biokovo, Krka waterfalls and some of the islands and so on). Additionally Im building a handheld Gimbal for the Xiaomi Yi Cam so we will have much smoother and more professional looking videos.

This would be the perfect time in the sunny croatia to test the Xiaomi Yi 4K Cam.

I would really be glad to test the Xiaomi Yi cam thouroughly with my Quadcopter (intended for Video recording), Handheld Gimbal and my buddies in Croatia this summer. :)

I will provide feedback (bug reports and Suggestions) regularly to you developers.

And of course I would make a review (video or blogpost) of it.

Greetings ron.

Last edited:
Hello DCT members,

I'm Sami (formerly known as Sami Luo, but that account disabled because of no facebook login after new DCT forum released) from YI Technology (formerly known as Xiaoyi), I mainly am responsible for the social media and forums branding in the company.

Finally I'm allowed to talk something about YI Action Camera 2. I'm using it everyday and it's just amazing and I think it would be unbeatable. When will be out? As Xiaomi slogan suggests: Always believe that something wonderful is about to happen. Currently we are looking for beta testers, to quality

1) Comment below or email to sami.luo@xiaoyi.com what special/unique videos (volcano, air diving, surfing etc) you can create and provide the video footage done before(not necessary by action camera)
2) Follow us on https://www.facebook.com/YiCameraOfficial/ and YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIrTFKMVjT82cz85Nekg-OQ

That's all, looking forward to hearing from you.
For action camera 2 features please feel free to join this group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/838989242858914/
Include accessories like a waterproof case instead of charging $45 dollars additional!!

Include accessories like a waterproof case instead of charging $45 dollars additional!!

Guys like you are the main reason why i hate going to forums because ****head like you think they are entitled to say things without using your small brain. Why you think the camera is so much cheaper then a GoPro? Because of things like no waterproof case etc. Most people dont even need that thing and if you do then just buy it solo.

Guys like you are the main reason why i hate going to forums because ****head like you think they are entitled to say things without using your small brain. Why you think the camera is so much cheaper then a GoPro? Because of things like no waterproof case etc. Most people dont even need that thing and if you do then just buy it solo.

I think the point being made was more about the asking price of the case

I think the point being made was more about the asking price of the case
Nah think you need to read it again. The yi 1 came with the minimal and the yi 2 will be the same and this kid wants more in the box like a waterproof case which most people wont ever use. If xiaomi did add all these things then it would be almost at the same price as the gopro's so asking for things like this is just retarded tho because xiaomi is know for giving you the best for a low price and something has to give in order to achive that.
But the reason i hate this is because the whole topic is bout beta testers and not bout a waterproof case and if he really wants to ask for things like this then why do this in this forum rather then to send a email to the company who sells them... its just idiot logics 1:1

Every other action cam manufacturer offers accessories! If you don't like reasonable discussions stay off the forum!

Bite me!

Back