YI Action Camera 2 beta tester recruiting

Every other action cam manufacturer offers accessories! If you don't like reasonable discussions stay off the forum!
Like? GoPro's dont come with anything bro and if they packet it with things nobody wants, it only drives up the price and we all like xiaomi because its affordable. And only suckers pay 45 bucks for a waterproff case while you can get 1 for few bucks on ebay or aliexpress.

Yi list price was 45 dollars, but available from Amazon and eBay for much less! Point was they are too stingy to offer accessories when everyone else is,Bro!

Yi list price was 45 dollars, but available from Amazon and eBay for much less! Point was they are too stingy to offer accessories when everyone else is,Bro!

normal way might be to offer a stripped down version and then offer a full set at a higher price, $45 for a case ex China seems excessive

Mum is the word :D

I wouldent mind testing a sweet 4K camera, even if its the box shape i am not too crazy about.
And if it could do 1080/120 i would be over the top as thats even more attractive to me than the 4K resolution.
Do you like the Sony x1000 shape?

Yeah i like the shape of the Sony cameras, or lets say the shape is more or less the same as a gopro, but the location of the lens that i like.

All that 4 res. power and battery duration with cooling with the Yi 2...And the same old remote!

$45 for a case ex China seems excessive
:eek: You can almost buy a Xiaomi Yi for that!

But the Yi Technologies Yi 4K uses GoPro pricing, even though they don't bother with standard features like the HDMI port!

Do you like the Sony x1000 shape?
The shape is not too bad, but like the Yi 4K, the stabiliser is disabled at 4K resolution which makes the 4K almost useless!

Yeah i like the shape of the Sony cameras, or lets say the shape is more or less the same as a gopro, but the location of the lens that i like.
I love the idea of Sony's live-view remote control, and you can jump into the pool with it, like my Git 2's remote control, I can't say the same for the Yi's.
If B and H photo drops the price of the x1000v 4 K cam a little more I will be sorely tempted to buy it!

The shape is not too bad, but like the Yi 4K, the stabiliser is disabled at 4K resolution which makes the 4K almost useless!
Thanks,I did not know that. I think I read that the image stabilization is limited to a narrow lens FOV.

:eek: You can almost buy a Xiaomi Yi for that!

But the Yi Technologies Yi 4K uses GoPro pricing, even though they don't bother with standard features like the HDMI port!
I understand that Yi's original retail price was intended to be $299.00.

299 dollars is just 152 dollars cheaper than the Sony camera here in Denmark
And with all that ensue of shop support and 2 year no hassle warranty, and not forgetting to me more nice form factor make the sony a real contender if i had that money to burn.

299 dollars is just 152 dollars cheaper than the Sony camera here in Denmark
And with all that ensue of shop support and 2 year no hassle warranty, and not forgetting to me more nice form factor make the sony a real contender if i had that money to burn.
Maybe you need to wait for the 4K GitUp version, I'm hoping that they will even manage a 4K gyro stabiliser unlike everyone else!

I do like the gyro on the git2.

But i have no mony to spend on such things, so i can only hope some one send me somthing to beat on.

I allso have a eye out for the warrior G1S, using the Sony IMX291

http://www.yuncooltech.com/features/index.html

If it have realtime wifi steaming in the APP , it would fit just nive on my rifle scope, so all i needed was to add a IR pass lens so i can shoot in the dark.

I do like the gyro on the git2.

But i have no mony to spend on such things, so i can only hope some one send me somthing to beat on.

I allso have a eye out for the warrior G1S, using the Sony IMX291

http://www.yuncooltech.com/features/index.html

If it have realtime wifi steaming in the APP , it would fit just nive on my rifle scope, so all i needed was to add a IR pass lens so i can shoot in the dark.
That looks rather good, but the amazon price is a bit expensive for a 1080 camera and I think it must be a lot bigger than it looks to fit the 18650 battery and circuit board side by side.

When shooting in the dark, do you use IR lamps or have real darkness?

44 x 115 mm as i recall, lot of duty time on that battery, come with 32 Gb and extra battery too, so not all that bad.

it is offcourse the IMX291 that got me all giddy about it.

Yeah i use IR light 940 Nm pulsar light, and a 840 Nm DIY light for my DIY NVG

NVG beeing a hobbyking FPV goggles with a Sony effio e cctc bord camera on the front.

they're not all that big, not as tiny as the GitUP stuff though
Ahh - Length 145mm x 44mm, bit of a monster compared with the Git?

Ahh - Length 145mm x 44mm, bit of a monster compared with the Git?

yeah not comparable to the GitUp at all, but compared to others of the same form factor they're similar, most of those type use a common chassis

Back