You know your a dash cam addict when???

I always watch daily face book pages of dashcam Australia and street guardian, I am always replaying my own dash cam footage when Mrs goes driving when i have time.
does this make me a mild addict??

:)

I forgot to add I have a bicycle dash cam as well, plus a spare for rentals as well. I go nowhere without a dashcam. yet still haven't caught anything decent.

I forgot to add I have a bicycle dash cam as well, plus a spare for rentals as well. I go nowhere without a dashcam. yet still haven't caught anything decent.
It's like a gun.
It's fun to own but never fun to use so be glad you haven't caught anything. ;)

I'm a newbie but I feel naked driving without a dashcam now. I have my second one already and am waiting for the release of the JooVuu. I'm addicted to air, food, and water too so one more thing is not a big issue!

Phil

I go nowhere without a dashcam. yet still haven't caught anything decent.
In what paradisal part of Australia do you live??? :eek: I subscribe to several australian YT channels and they catch a lot of bad driving and accidents! Also there's a widespread feeling among the viewers that driving is getting worse day by day down there.

Or insurance - you have it, hope you never need it, and glad you have it when you do need it.
Insurance has some good things to use.
For example, one of my friends bought a used Mazda 626 long time back for $1200.
Someone scraped/pushed in his door and one side while parked and he filed insurance.
Insurance paid him $1800 check.
He drove as is for few years and sold for $1500. :D

Recently the car I usually drive had to go to the repair shop in two separate occasions for half a day each and I thought it wasn't worth the trouble taking everything out to put in the replacement car, so I left it there. During those two afternoons, as I was driving the other car, I didn't feel "naked" (the only time I felt that was when the G1W's mount broke and I drove for a whole day without the camera) but a lot of "what if's" went through my mind.
Should I be worried about that too? :D

I don't like driving without a camera in either
It's not that I don't like it's that I plain don't

A lot of people bust my chops, but my car, rental car, family's car, friend's car, or even test driving a car. If I occupy a space there is a camera nearby

on reading this, I’ve not laughed so much in a very long time, thank goodness I was sitting down at the time

If anyone thinks I am crazy here is a little something for you.

Insurance has some good things to use.
For example, one of my friends bought a used Mazda 626 long time back for $1200.
Someone scraped/pushed in his door and one side while parked and he filed insurance.
Insurance paid him $1800 check.
He drove as is for few years and sold for $1500. :D
A similar thing happened to me on New Year's Eve: I was rear ended by some guy who didn't see me because he didn't clean the ice off of his side of the windscreen when he left the New Year's party he was on. It was his fault, his insurance company admitted the blame, but somehow they came up with a €1600 budget for repair and a commercial value of only €1100 for the car. Of course they didn't want to repair it, so the owner of the car took the €1100, asked for a budget at a friend's body repair shop and repaired it for €575!
I did a video before the car went to repair, just in case.

My dashcam's been out of commission for a few months-- the mainboard wasn't properly cleaned before they soldered on the components, leading to the USB connector tearing off (and pulling off the copper traces on the PCB). I feel quite naked while driving without it.

I tried to get a Street Guardian from @Pier28 while I was on vacation recently, but my wife put a stop to that plan. I was pleasantly surprised that drivers in San Francisco and LA are, on the whole, far less aggressive and more courteous and better-behaved than drivers here at home. A bit of tailgating on the highway, a couple of last-minute lane changes to get off at a particular exit, but on the whole, the California driving experience was WAY BETTER than driving at home, so I didn't feel that bad without the cam.

Now that I'm back at home, I've been freaked out by our crazy drivers, and I've bought myself an A118C from Foxoffer (it's cheap enough that my wife won't complain too much). Just waiting for it to arrive...

But now that I see the Blacksys 2-channel dashcam on sale at Amazon, I'm quite tempted by it. And somebody scraped a nasty mark into my passenger door a couple weeks ago, so maybe I can justify that purchase to my wife, since the Blacksys has a parking mode... Not sure what I'll do with my yet-to-be-delivered A118C, though. Maybe a father's day gift for my father in law? Despite living in a quieter suburb, I swear they've got more incompetent drivers there, making it more dangerous despite less traffic.

yeah, between the 3 cars i own (one of which is on jackstands in the garage, and has been for well over a year) i own a total of 6 channels of coverage thru 4 cam systems. first i got a cheap f70 2ch because i didnt know any better, then i got an a118 for my wife's car, then upgraded her to the cf-100 2ch with parking mode because her car kept getting hit in parking lots, and later i won an a118c in a raffle. all that and i'm still seriously considering buying a second cf100 since theyre on fire sale at amazon.

i too feel naked without one. wanted to bring the f70 with us on test drives for the car we just bought since it's the only one with a suction cup mount, but never could get everything together for that. i intend to bring the a118c (with a static mount) with me on vacation this summer, and not just to film the drive up to mount st. helens.

i've even bought a couple solar panels to add to the cars, esp the one with parking mode, so they'll be more likely to keep recording and put less stress on the battery.

When you put a $1500 dash cam in a $500 car ....

I already knew the Lukas but the other one, WTF?!? $7,334.00 for a generic dual-lens cam?!?!? What is it made of? Gold?

Back