You know your a dash cam addict when???

That was the original plan. Mobius to rear and SG 9665GC front. Now with news of Mobius 2 on the way decide to wait a bit to see how it work out. I live in city and have always installed aftermarket darkest tint available to my cars for privacy reasons.
Going to China and S E Asia for a couple of months so will see what's popular on that side of the world. Think I've learned enough from DCT to weed out the pretenders.

I too am running an SG9665GC up front and a Mobius in the rear. I'm sorry to report that despite all the hype and glowing recommendations I've been rather disappointed with the overall video performance I'm getting from my SG and am looking to replace it. (The SG will become a side cam) It's basically a good, reliable camera with a lot going for it but it really struggles with certain common lighting situations to the point where I often miss potentially important events. I've been planning for some time now to post a thread about this showing specific examples of what I'm referring to about the SG but I've not had time to put it all together (Side by side comparisons with other cams in the same conditions). I do hope to do that soon and already have some of it done. All in all, in most ways, my Mobius cams outperform the SG.

Anyway, this isn't really the place to go into all this at length but seeing you guys talking about the same SG -front / Mobius - rear set-up got me going on it. As for knowing I'm a dash cam addict, after five plus years of running dash cams I feel totally naked and uncomfortable driving without one, so I don't. The thing is that at this point I know what kind of imaging performance I want at a minimum.

Can't wait to hear your reports from the Asia, Bungus!

I too am running an SG9665GC up front and a Mobius in the rear. I'm sorry to report that despite all the hype and glowing recommendations I've been rather disappointed with the overall video performance I'm getting from my SG and am looking to replace it. (The SG will become a side cam) It's basically a good, reliable camera with a lot going for it but it really struggles with certain common lighting situations to the point where I often miss potentially important events. I've been planning for some time now to post a thread about this showing specific examples of what I'm referring to about the SG but I've not had time to put it all together (Side by side comparisons with other cams in the same conditions). I do hope to do that soon and already have some of it done. All in all, in most ways, my Mobius cams outperform the SG.

if you have some comparison videos, screenshots etc that will be helpful, the Mobius has some advantage where there is a lot of end user fine tuning available which allows you to get things a lot closer to what you want whereas we need to find some one size fits all compromises in some situations, I've got Mobius cams and have used for comparison also, I generally don't tweak any of the image quality settings though, just wide view, highest bitrate but don't play with any EV, colour profiles etc (we have lots of other cameras actually, not just Mobius) and there are some situations where the Mobius does very well and others not so well but any specific examples you can offer are helpful as in any product there is always room for improvement, even the CPL we've been testing recently has altered the characteristics quite a lot

Can't wait to hear your reports from the Asia, Bungus!

It's still some months off for the trip. I'll be spending a lot of time in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. About 250 miles north of Singapore. Daily temperature is 27 degrees C low, 40 degrees C high. Humidity in the 90's. 2 seasons. Rain or no rain. (can be in the same day)
What dashcamera works good there will be good for our summer. :D Cold, will have to test in Canada.:D

if you have some comparison videos, screenshots etc that will be helpful, the Mobius has some advantage where there is a lot of end user fine tuning available which allows you to get things a lot closer to what you want whereas we need to find some one size fits all compromises in some situations, I've got Mobius cams and have used for comparison also, I generally don't tweak any of the image quality settings though, just wide view, highest bitrate but don't play with any EV, colour profiles etc (we have lots of other cameras actually, not just Mobius) and there are some situations where the Mobius does very well and others not so well but any specific examples you can offer are helpful as in any product there is always room for improvement, even the CPL we've been testing recently has altered the characteristics quite a lot

Jokiin, I've been putting off posting about this for awhile for a numbers of reasons. I sort of jumped the gun about it here for the reasons I mentioned above. Like I said, I will present some documentation and more detail soon but this thread really isn't the place for it. I'm really sorry to even have to be talking about this as I'm sure my reporting my experience is the last thing you want to hear. As you know, my first unit needed to be replaced. This one is far, far better and often delivers decent results, but in certain lighting situations it leaves me shaking my head and wondering how the cam gets such rave reviews. The side by side comparisons I have to show are not just with the Mobius by the way. I'll put a post together about it soon and well take if from there.

It's still some months off for the trip. I'll be spending a lot of time in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. About 250 miles north of Singapore. Daily temperature is 27 degrees C low, 40 degrees C high. Humidity in the 90's. 2 seasons. Rain or no rain. (can be in the same day)
What dashcamera works good there will be good for our summer. :D Cold, will have to test in Canada.:D

I'm really envious about your upcoming trip, Bungus. One of these days I hope to get to that part of the world. Hope to see some great imagery posted when you get there!

Jokiin, I've been putting off posting about this for awhile for a numbers of reasons. I sort of jumped the gun about it here for the reasons I mentioned above. Like I said, I will present some documentation and more detail soon but this thread really isn't the place for it. I'm really sorry to even have to be talking about this as I'm sure my reporting my experience is the last thing you want to hear. As you know, my first unit needed to be replaced. This one is far, far better and often delivers decent results, but in certain lighting situations it leaves me shaking my head and wondering how the cam gets such rave reviews. The side by side comparisons I have to show are not just with the Mobius by the way. I'll put a post together about it soon and well take if from there.

quite the opposite, I do want to hear about it (and yeah this is not the thread for it), the feedback is not only useful it's very welcome, with any camera, and I've yet to see an exception, you can always find situations where the results could be improved and others where without changing anything they look great, we are still very much working with a one size fits most type setup where we have to adjust things to get the best we can and improving one situation can take away from another so it's not always easy to get the balance right but it's always something we're looking to improve wherever possible, this goes not only with image settings but with everything we do, we've made quite a lot of changes to the product since the first production, incremental improvements that some people might not notice but things that we noticed that we know could be improved so we have, something we will continue to do regardless, I don't feel any of our products are perfect, it's encouraging when someone says something positive but there is always room to improve I feel

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Dash Cam Discussion 0
Giri43 Dash Cam Discussion 0
T Dash Cam Discussion 0
G Dash Cam Discussion 0
I Dash Cam Discussion 6
Back