You will not be dooing this with your gopro

Who needs expensive quad-copters / RCs etc ? - just buy or make a decent boomerang ;)

Pretty ingenious how he stopped the camera from spinning. :cool:

Yeah at first i was preparing for a spin, literally, but then i saw his setup and i changed to " this will be interesting"

I've only used a curved wooden boomerang but that was 25 years ago.
This 3 blade one didn't look too fast.
I hurt my fingers few times while catching it bare handed and also cut one of my friends forehead when it hit him. :D

It was something like this but bigger:

ie047399-002ac_big.jpg

I hurt my fingers few times while catching it bare handed and also cut one of my friends forehead when it hit him. :D
You little bastard!

Hehe yeah i dont get why they are not listed as weapons here allready, proberly becuz some dumbass pothead havent thrown one at some one yet.
Just like it happned with airguns here, it only take 1 dumbass to ruin it for all the other guys.

I have made my first boomerang when I was 10 by using two wooden rulers and sanded edges to specific angles.
It was fun and joy for whole neighbourhood kids, but not for parents who had to buy quite many rulers each week :)

bumerang2.jpg

Healthy hobby for a kid, learn to use hands and a little about aerodynamics.
Beats playing warcraft all day when not on facetwitt.

Healthy hobby for a kid, learn to use hands and a little about aerodynamics.
Beats playing warcraft all day when not on facetwitt.

Some time I feel sorry for "modern generation" kids life.
"Our generation" had much healthier child-hood without Smartphones, Xbox, PS, facetwitt etc. But time goes on and there are other trends now.

Some time I feel sorry for "modern generation" kids life.
"Our generation" had much healthier child-hood without Smartphones, Xbox, PS, facetwitt etc. But time goes on and there are other trends now.

TV and even more the internet.
When I grew up, almost every day after school, we played something outdoors.
Didn't matter whether it was raining or hot or dark.
That's until I got Atari console and I played the heck out of it breaking half a dozen joystick.
It finally broke and again outdoors.

Now due to internet and electronic games, kids playing outdoors is a dream.

I think when kids will be able to harness the possibilities they have in this day and age they will be even better off, but sadly for every good thing the internet and the world have to offer, there is 3-4 bad things that just confuse kids at best.

Huge leaps forward is not allways a good thing, i am just glad the splitting of the atom only lead to some countries wasting massive amounts of money on more and more big bombs they never use.
Down the line the advent of the internet will proberly be laughed at by our descendants, "so our forefathers had all this, and look at what they used it for"
Hopefully there will also be a time down the line where information no longer = power.

Pretty ingenious how he stopped the camera from spinning. :cool:
That's smart engineering. My first thought was to use a weight to overcome the momentum of the spinning, but it will not have worked properly.

Back