Zerogogo z2 won’t boot past logo screen

hankhill

Reaction score
Country
Afghanistan
My sons Zerogogo Z2 front/rear dashcam will no longer boot past the logo screen. We’ve tried multiple resets, booting to latest firmware on a fresh Sd card, but no luck. Zerogogo’s website is still there but they don’t respond to messages and direct emails bounce with a “mailbox full” message in Chinese. Having dismantled half his cars interior to install this I’m reluctant to bin it until I’ve exhausted all the options, hence this post. Any ideas? I did breathe new life into one of my dashcams by replacing the built in battery, is that worth a try? The Zerogogo looks to be a capacitor not a full battery, can they be replaced? TIA.

U
My sons Zerogogo Z2 front/rear dashcam will no longer boot past the logo screen. We’ve tried multiple resets, booting to latest firmware on a fresh Sd card, but no luck. Zerogogo’s website is still there but they don’t respond to messages and direct emails bounce with a “mailbox full” message in Chinese. Having dismantled half his cars interior to install this I’m reluctant to bin it until I’ve exhausted all the options, hence this post. Any ideas? I did breathe new life into one of my dashcams by replacing the built in battery, is that worth a try? The Zerogogo looks to be a capacitor not a full battery, can they be replaced? TIA.
Unfortunately with smaller Chinese companies like that the support will be little to non existent and many don't make it past a couple of years life.

I'm afraid it's probably easier you invest in a new dashcam from a reputable brand with established customer support. Few on here, such as Vantrue and Viofo, Blackvue etc.

Back