Street Guardian SGZC12SG built-in-GPS & NEW Capacitive Smart-Touch Screen

Camera has been working great for me so far, I wish I could find a better place to mount the camera as my rear view is quite small but has a large base and it shows in the video.

any idea if future firmwares will allow disabling of speed info in the video?

Camera has been working great for me so far, I wish I could find a better place to mount the camera as my rear view is quite small but has a large base and it shows in the video.

any idea if future firmwares will allow disabling of speed info in the video?

Excellent glad it's working well.

The G fits nicely behind most standard mirrors via USA edition included:
Or special optional:

nBhFP47.jpg

That disable option is on the list for potential future updates.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen on here somewhere someone 'complaining' about the flashing blue light when the camera is in normal operating mode. Having tried my G for the first time in the dark last night, I'd like to add my voice to that as I found it quite obtrusive. Is it possible to amend the firmware so that this can be switched off? OK - temp solution is a bit of black tape, but it would be nice to have a more professional solution.

Del

Just got my G and this is my current installation:

P1000771_zps15ed0d48.jpg

Two things are worth noting. Firstly, there have been many comments on DCT about the 'stealth' aspect and how well the G can be hidden. Be aware that not all cars have a black interior, and against the beige leather in my car, the camera and mount stick out like a sore thumb.:(:( Ok - I'm not asking for a beige-coloured camera, but talk of 'hiding' the camera gives me the giggles!! Secondly the mount. This is the one currently supplied by Niko and although it seems a sturdy mount, as you can see it is less than perfect. Not only can I not get the camera up behind the mirror, the lens actually is far too far from the windscreen, and I can see far too much dashboard and side pillar in the recordings. Niko is sending me the low-profile suction mount so I'll give that a try. I don't want to use the stick-on low-profile mount yet until I get more experience and find the best location for the camera.

Apart from these, I am well satisfied with the quality and functionality of the G.

Del

It was my experience by using the low profile mount, the camera is well tucked up behind the rear view mirror making the blinking blue light nearly impossible to be seen unless you lean over and look for it.

Chip

I'd like the new firmware, please. Running 1.00.3. Having problems with a 256mb card.

Can't find it anywhere...latest firmware?

So far I have been pretty happy with the cam.
But I would like the Motion to be a little more sensitive not sure how it actually works. (if it's even possible).

It works great during the day, but at night not so much when parked.
I'm also forced to turn it off when driving, since it doesn't work well enough when it gets dark on highways. I guess it might work great downtown.

Part of that could be fixed, if it would go into regular recording mode when GPS Detects movement.

I'm also forced to turn it off when driving, since it doesn't work well enough when it gets dark on highways. I guess it might work great downtown.

Wait...why do you turn it off while driving? That doesn't make any sense. Even if you are somewhere really dark where it doesn't show anything, or only shows your headlights, that is still showing something, it will still show other car's lights (correct?), and it will still show everything when you get to somewhere that is well lit. What on Earth do you gain by turning it off?

Wait...why do you turn it off while driving? That doesn't make any sense. Even if you are somewhere really dark where it doesn't show anything, or only shows your headlights, that is still showing something, it will still show other car's lights (correct?), and it will still show everything when you get to somewhere that is well lit. What on Earth do you gain by turning it off?
So you quoted my post but didn't actually read it?

So far I have been pretty happy with the cam.
But I would like the Motion to be a little more sensitive not sure how it actually works. (if it's even possible).

It works great during the day, but at night not so much when parked.

Part of that could be fixed, if it would go into regular recording mode when GPS Detects movement.

I drive on NY highways with motion detection always on with no problem.
What was highway constructions, was it all black highway with NO road markings what so ever?

Only chance when motion detection will not be triggered is completely dark road with NO road markings what so ever. In this case sometimes it's hit and miss for CMOS to detect changes in picture / changes in round condition.
What firmware version do you use?

Firmware 1.01.02

Tried it again same result.
Actually around 5p Central Time at Sunset, while going West (toward the Sunset) it was recording fine, as soon as I turned North it was hit/miss.
With oncoming Cars it would record, with no Oncoming Cars it would quit recording.

'Normal' Road Markings this was on a 2 Lane State Highway (IL40).
White Line on the right and yellow in the middle. The later (darker) it gets the worse it gets.
My Speed was 55-60.
Basically have to Turn Motion of at night because otherwise it won't record everything.

This is when it started having problems around 1700, you should be able to see the 'jump'

The Jump is around the 23-25 seconds.

Last edited:
I'm going to ask SungMoon increase CMOS trigger sensitivity a bit, or possibly add motion high/medium/low like the X2 has. We'll see what we can do about that. Thanks for the video example.

Last edited:
Firmware 1.01.02

Tried it again same result.
Actually around 5p Central Time at Sunset, while going West (toward the Sunset) it was recording fine, as soon as I turned North it was hit/miss.
With oncoming Cars it would record, with no Oncoming Cars it would quit recording.

'Normal' Road Markings this was on a 2 Lane State Highway (IL40).
White Line on the right and yellow in the middle. The later (darker) it gets the worse it gets.
My Speed was 55-60.
Basically have to Turn Motion of at night because otherwise it won't record everything.

This is when it started having problems around 1700, you should be able to see the 'jump'

The Jump is around the 23-25 seconds.
Interesting I never had that problem with that much light, maybe because in my area we always have upcoming traffic.

Anyway for now best solution is to use regular recording mode with Motion Detection - OFF and use Motion Detection - ON for parking mode only.
You never know what is around the corner plus any skipping in recording is a big issue.
The way I use my G for past week, just to be on safer side.
Driving:
Motion Detection = OFF
G Sensor = LOW.
Parking:
Motion Detection = ON
G Sensor = HIGH.

Also it's good to have some additional SD card 128GB or 256GB card is good investment.[emoji6]
https://shop.pier28.com/index.php/memory-cards-and-readers.html
Or
Lexar Platinum II 200x 128GB SDXC UHS-I Flash Memory Card LSD128BBNL200 https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00JST4RSKPNY Elite Performance 128GB High Speed SDXC Class 10 UHS-1 Up to 90MB/sec Flash Card - P-SDX128U1H-GE https://www.amazon.com/gp/B008PO5CSIPNY Elite Performance 256GB High Speed SDXC Class 10 UHS-1 Up to 90MB/sec Flash Card - P-SDX256U1H-GE https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00FF90EZM

Last edited:
I'm going to ask SungMoon increase CMOS trigger sensitivity a bit, or possibly add motion high/medium/low like the X2 has. We'll see what we can do about that. Thanks for the video example.
motion high/medium/low like the X2 is must opinion
with just increased CMOS sensitivity - during daytime, motion will be triggered by trees, leaves and snow when car is parked.

May be easier will be to add dedicated (manually activated) Parking mode with G sensor on high.

Last edited:
motion high/medium/low like the X2 is must opinion
with just increased CMOS sensitivity - during daytime, motion will be triggered by trees, leaves and snow when car is parked.

May be easier will be to add dedicated (manually activated) Parking mode with G sensor on high.

I agree, even on the lowest sensitivity the X2 reacts on tree leaves or rain drops while car is parked.
Need some new way of motion detection calculation / processing for X2 or Pano G / S etc.
This new way of motion detection maybe called smart motion detection, where it can recognize which movement is "useless", like tree leaves or rain drops, and only starts recording objects which are useful.
I believe sort of smart motion detection will be available in some stage, same as most digital cameras have "face detection recognition", same way soon dashcams will also have some sort of smart motion detection technology / algorithm. It's only a matter of programming / data processing, which takes time to develop for dashcam industry. Most important is to acknowledge those issues, pass them to developers and rest is matter of time.

Back