Shadow RX300

Then I have been lucky. All three of mine has worked well so far.
Mine is working well, that's not in question at all. The problem is, they don't tell you what is updated with firmware and simply let you update it. They never said 2.5 would break old GPS module rendering it useless. I went back to 2.3 and everything works fine again.

same problem for me. put 3.2v on pin 3 from photo 4 and will work.
thanks cosmind it is worked.
@cem_ari (from this forum) solved my GPS problem with your method and my GPS is working now.
By the way , i am sorry for your cam.
My camera's old version was v2.5g and now i am using this version. (blue GPS signal icon)

My camera's old version was v2.5g and now i am using this version. (blue GPS signal icon)

Which version? v2.5g is the one with blue icon. firmware 2.3 and all previous versions had orange icon.

v2.5g with blue icon.
I dont understand, GPS is working in my room. I dont have to go outdoor or close near to window
but after the repair the battery runs out so fast.

Hello again,

I am mentioning @cosmind in my writing and I absolutely agree with his suggestion. I thank him for it. My problem is based on FOXoffer.

After solving GPS problems, I have new problems. First is, the battery runs short easily.

For ex, while GPS is not operating ( before trying the @cosminds solution), even if I havent used my car for 3-4 days, the date and time setting didnt need to be adjusted again.But ever since I have used GPS (with @cosminds solution), even if the device is off, the battery turns out to be empty after like 5-6 hours. ( I have tested this many times. I ahve fully charged the battery and then I used the device periodically. After nearly 6 hours, the device gave a warning of low battery.)
I have read the same problems in the forum (time and date adjustment issues) but couldnt see a clear solution to this.

And also, with @cosminds solution, I have to turn on the device first and then use the charge cable. Before this solution I can turn on the device with the charge cable plugged. But now I first have to turn on the device then plug it.

After all of these problems, I am thinking to test the device by unpluggind the GPS cable inside of the device. I think it was better before I have used this solution. I better dont use the GPS.

As many other friends mentioned, it seems like Foxoffer sent refurbished devices to some of us and we encounter many problems like this.

Last edited:
Hello again,
...After solving GPS problems, I have new problems. First is, the battery runs short easily...

I believe that new firmware v2.5 is full of bugs... one of them, camera not showing battery status properly, and does whoever knows what to drain it a lot faster than before. I've tried it and I had nothing but trouble. Worst of all, Foxoffer never mentioned 2.5 is only for new GPS module, and I have the old one. Anyway, after returning to my trusty 2.3G, all my problems went away. Camera works perfectly fine again, my GPS never had any single trouble with it in the past, and it still works great. I do strongly believe, something is definitely wrong with firmware v2.5. Developers need to go back to the drawing board and inspect it thoroughly. Even though v2.5 didn't work with my old GPS module, I've noticed, as soon as I unplug my camera from the car, or USB port in my computer, camera would give me prompt message about battery being drained and in less than 2 seconds it would turn off. I am sure my camera was plugged in my car and charging for couple of hours at least. It was full, I am 100% sure. So, after installing 2.5 and getting all these messages about drained battery, I started believing my battery went bad. Well... that's only firmware v2.5 reporting it being drained, while battery was actually completely full. I went back to install firmware 2.3G, and guess what? Battery reported 100% full again. Everything works great again. RX300 firmware v2.5, apart that it's not made for old GPS module, overall it's not good at all for me.

...even if the device is off, the battery turns out to be empty after like 5-6 hours. ( I have tested this many times. I ahve fully charged the battery and then I used the device periodically. After nearly 6 hours, the device gave a warning of low battery...

I have to admit you lost me there... 5-6 hours? Capacity of RX300 battery is just enough for 30-45 minutes when camera is not plugged in and fully charged. Capacity of this battery is not enough for long runs, it's meant to hold power just enough in case of accident when car battery gets disconnected... just to make sure camera still records for some time. 5-6 hours? Even my GoPro HERO3 doesn't last that long, and that action camera is meant to be used non-plugged, with battery charged (in most cases at least).

...As many other friends mentioned, it seems like Foxoffer sent refurbished devices to some of us and we encounter many problems like this.

That's not the only bad thing they're doing. I've been asking them if they could put up some simple web page with firmware updates, versions of cameras/GPS modules they could be used with, list of what's updated, changes and fixes. Was that too much to ask? Technical support practically is not existing with this product. I could even put that page up and do some maintenance, but in order to do that, I'd need all the firmware versions, all the information what's updated in each one of them, what hardware is to be used with it etc. As I already mentioned, support is non existent. Hard to organize anything like that.

Last edited:
the thing you havent noticed is that the camera is off. I fully charge the camera, and without turning it on, it went 5-6 hours. I dont use camera but it runs out. Is that possible? It is quite normal if I use it, but I dont use it.

the thing you havent noticed is that the camera is off. I fully charge the camera, and without turning it on, it went 5-6 hours. I dont use camera but it runs out. Is that possible? It is quite normal if I use it, but I dont use it.

that's a hardware fault

that's a hardware fault
Exactly! There is no other explanation if battery is depleting so fast when camera is turned off. No software or firmware has any effect if it's not on and in use. It means battery's ability to keep charge is drastically degraded, meaning hardware fault like jokiin mentioned.

If it's just this camera it's a hardware fault, if they all do it it's a design fault, can't recall it being mentioned as an issue for this model though so likely just a hardware failure

I also have a RX300 with GPS since a few weeks, it works well except the audio recording. No sound recorded, only a buzzing noise can be heard.

Anyone with this problem?
Recently stopped working microphone. Only hiss.
Soldering iron to help solve the problem :)

Did you take some photos with disassembled item?

Back