Shadow RX300

I'm thinking about buying the RX-300. Has anybody purchased one recently? Has the issues from a month ago been resolved? Is it safe to buy one from Foxoffer and get a unit that is problem free?
I have one RX300 with GPS since a few weeks & it works well. So I have placed a new order for another one. I bought them from Foxoffer.

Do you have any templates for this left to share , like which can be scanned on A4 paper and emailed to be used to cut out.
I have, I will try to scan it with the MFP we have at work.

I have one RX300 with GPS since a few weeks & it works well. So I have placed a new order for another one. I bought them from Foxoffer.

Thanks for the info. I read somewhere else that the bad batch of GPS has been corrected.

ne6y8y6a.jpg
buruhepe.jpg

Thanks
Maybe carbon fiber is too shiny , will try out

I think you are right. Carbon fiber is a bit to shiny (even if it is matte) , even if the look is nice. So I will probably replace it with matte black for a more stealthy look. But the carbon fiber is better than the white vendor prints.

Today I got my second RX300-GPS with 32GB, purchased from Foxoffer. Have only unpacked it & put it to charge. But this one locke the GPS almost directly. f/w 2.3G . 15days from order to delivery in Sweden, this time (5-6days better than the last two orders).

I also have a RX300 with GPS since a few weeks, it works well except the audio recording. No sound recorded, only a buzzing noise can be heard.

Anyone with this problem?

Here are a scanned picture to a A4 PDF of the template I created to cut my carbon fiber vinyl. It's not 100%, but quite close.

Attachments

• RX300-template.pdf
    43.6 KB · Views: 14
Yesterday I recived my third RX300-GPS with 32GB SD from Foxoffer. This time it was with the new GPS module & f/w 2.5G . My GPS-module dosen't have an angeled connector as in Billknows picture in this post, http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/shadow-new-gps-module.5194/ , it is a straight connector & thats what I think is the best in this case.

Today I covered the facia with carbonfiber vinyl, just as I have done with the two previous RX300. So now I have RX300 in Three of my cars & so far the have worked as supposed to do.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also have a RX300 with GPS since a few weeks, it works well except the audio recording. No sound recorded, only a buzzing noise can be heard.

Anyone with this problem?
pls check if the voice switch turn off?

pls check if the voice switch turn off?

Trying to "fix" his problem with menu options sounds exactly like swaying a magic stick and hoping there could be something to help him. There is no option in the menus of any camera that would induce buzzing noise, and we all know very well that buzzing noise never brings anything good. Either there is some short on the board, or some component was soldered too close to the power source. Either way, not good and for sure not how it's supposed to be.

@torp11 - my advice for you is to ask FoxOffer or whoever you purchased it from, for replacement. Record a short video having that buzzing noise in the background and contact them as soon as possible. This is clearly a defective unit. I repeat, there is no option to cause buzzing noise in the camera, and even if there is anything, it's still not OK. There should be no buzzing noise at all at any times in these cameras.

ребята помогите мне пожалуйста найти прошивку для вот этого видеорегистратора, он снимает 2-4 минуты и зависает может пойти на полоски, и не одна кнопка не действует до перезагрузки....
11.JPG 112.jpg

ребята помогите мне пожалуйста найти прошивку для вот этого видеорегистратора, он снимает 2-4 минуты и зависает может пойти на полоски, и не одна кнопка не действует до перезагрузки....
View attachment 5628 View attachment 5629
I hope you did not update your camera with RX300 firmware, because these two cameras are not using same firmwares.

Your best bet is to contact Janet ke, sales002(at)sz-xjs(dot)com . Replace (at) and (dot) with corresponding characters, and send them an email. Tell them exactly what model do you have and what's happening. If you're experiencing same problems even after firmware flash, I'd ask them for replacement. It very well may be a defective unit.

quorthonrhar, я не могу ему отправить сообщение, помоги мне пожалуйста найти файлы прошивки для моего видеорегистратор CAR COM CORDER FHD 1080P

Last edited by a moderator:
hi, I bought RX300 with GPS module from foxoffer but my GPS module doenst work. My cam version is V2.5G, what should i do?
I tried in car and outdoor but it doesnt work.

I tried v2.3 and it doesnt work. (my old version v2.5g)
the satellite symbol in the LCD display was blue when my version v2.5g but now this satellite symbol is yellow. And how can I turn my old version (v2.5g) or newer version?
thanks

I tried v2.3 and it doesnt work. (my old version v2.5g)
the satellite symbol in the
Hello, the newest fireware for RX300 is V2.5G, pls ask foxoffer give you the newest. when you use the GPS module pls make sure the shadow logo up, and the 3M sticker under, with a wide place to receive the satellite signal, almost for the first time need 1-3 mins, when the satellite icon stop to jump, it means the GPS aready ok.

thanks
hope my answer can help you.

all the best
nancylee
LCD display was blue when my version v2.5g but now this satellite symbol is yellow. And how can I turn my old version (v2.5g) or newer version?
thanks

also another thing, the GT680W and RX300 the GPS moudel almost the same port, just the GT680W's GPS moulde port more thick, but the RX300's GPS moulde port a little smaller.

all the best
Nancylee

Hello, the newest fireware for RX300 is V2.5G, pls ask foxoffer give you the newest. when you use the GPS module pls make sure the shadow logo up, and the 3M sticker under, with a wide place to receive the satellite signal, almost for the first time need 1-3 mins, when the satellite icon stop to jump, it means the GPS aready ok.

all the best
Nancylee
hi, thanks for the reply. I tried all but it didnt work. (I waited 15-20 mins for all positions). I asked foxoffer about this problem and newer version. By the way can I use drivers of GT680w for RX300?
("GT680w newer version" and "how to update" link)

Back