Shadow RX300

hi, I bought RX300 with GPS module from foxoffer but my GPS module doenst work. My cam version is V2.5G, what should i do?
I tried in car and outdoor but it doesnt work.
I also had a problem with the GPS module. See posts #242 , #246 and #253 at page 13

I also had a problem with the GPS module. See posts #242 , #246 and #253 at page 13
thanks, Foxoffer sent me a message about solving the problem with firmware, if they cant solve the problem with firmware, I will try your method. Thanks again.

thanks, Foxoffer sent me a message about solving the problem with firmware, if they cant solve the problem with firmware, I will try your method. Thanks again.
Could You give us more details what they said about Your problem - I had similar problem but they couldn't solve it and finally refunded GPS module - maybe now they find the solution.

Could You give us more details what they said about Your problem - I had similar problem but they couldn't solve it and finally refunded GPS module - maybe now they find the solution.
Hi, they said:
"Please download the firmware from below link:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22493212/firmware/rx300_new/RX300_english_V2.5GE_STD.7z
Test the GPS in open area.
Firmware Update Instructions
Format the MicroSD Card
Copy the firmware file(s) (.bin) onto the root of the MicroSD Card
Connect the camera with charger, the camera will be upgraded automatically
After the firmware update is completed be sure to delete the files or you will be prompted to upgrade again"

and it didnt work. I have tried that. But the blue gps sign on lcd, still blinks (I have waited more than 20 minutes but nothing happened).
I think they cant solve this problem.

Hello again everyone, Foxoffer refunded my money (19,90$). I will try to fix GPS module if I can, I will send money them.

I didnt fix the problem yet but I hope I will

First of all, I opened the GPS module like @Minuel (thanks) and I tested cables with tester, I add photo.(photo1) My gps module is different from yours. There is no socket.

After this I decided to open the camera (RX300) (By the way thanks to @cem_ari he helped me). I checked the camera for the short circuit but I didn't see anything (I add the huge photo, PHOTO2 and PHOTO3).

And I put the GPS jack to the camera and checked all with tester (PHOTO4) there is 6 solder on the camera (PHOTO4) and firts two solder = black cable, third solder = white cable, fourth solder = red cable and others (6,7) are blank (there is no signal on the cables of GPS module)
Also I checked for short circuit with tester and I add a video (HERE) . There is connection between first two solders and USB (PHOTO5 and VIDEO)

Finally I am here :) If u have any idea please share with me, thanks everyone...

PHOTO1
GPSUCLAR.jpg

PHOTO2
IMAG5030.jpg

PHOTO3
IMAG5033.jpg

PHOTO4
balantlarema2.jpg

PHOTO5
birbiriilebiryerdenbagl.jpg

VIDEO

same problem for me. put 3.2v on pin 3 from photo 4 and will work.

Last edited:
same problem for me. put 3.2v on pin 3 from photo 4 and will work.
thanks for answer but i dont understand? "put 3.2v on pin 3"
can u please explain it? what should i do?
thanks

PCB looks like it's water damaged, near the USB connector
there is no water damage or short cicuit. I think buy a new GPS module from foxoffer but i am worried.

Hi, they said:
"Please download the firmware from below link:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22493212/firmware/rx300_new/RX300_english_V2.5GE_STD.7z
Test the GPS in open area.
Firmware Update Instructions
Format the MicroSD Card
Copy the firmware file(s) (.bin) onto the root of the MicroSD Card
Connect the camera with charger, the camera will be upgraded automatically
After the firmware update is completed be sure to delete the files or you will be prompted to upgrade again"

and it didnt work. I have tried that. But the blue gps sign on lcd, still blinks (I have waited more than 20 minutes but nothing happened).
I think they cant solve this problem.

I can confirm, something is definitely wrong, but I strongly believe the culprit is sitting in firmware update (at least in my case). I had firmware v2.3 installed till today, never ever had any single trouble with my GPS. It would connect instantly upon connecting the plug into the dash cam. Today, I installed this new firmware v2.5, and the only difference I've noticed from the previous firmware, is that GPS icon is blue now instead of orange like it used to be. Absolutely no new options offered with new firmware. And the biggest difference... damn blue icon keeps blinking forever. I had it tested for over an hour and it would not connect. Perfectly clear sky, not a single cloud out there. For me it's definitely screwed up with software update, there is no doubt about it.

I went back and reinstalled my old trusty v2.3 and guess what... GPS connects instantly in a matter of seconds. Waiting from FoxOffer to respond to my email. Until then, I am sticking to the old firmware v2.3
There is absolutely nothign wrong with it and it works perfectly fine for me. Firmware v2.5 straight to trash can on my desktop. Tested it 3 times, GPS would never connect regardless of how long I waited. As soon as I went back to firmware v2.3, everything works great.

Last edited:
firmware v2.3 work with 1 type of gps and firmware v2.5 with other type of gps antenna
my rx300 works only 2weeks after get back from warranty and now is dead, white screen, blue screen, or not even start

Don't update firmware on a shadow product, they have no system in place for firmware matching hardware, if it's working leave it alone

f/w 2.3 Yellow sat icon = "Old" GPS-reciver
f/w 2.5 Blue sat icon = "New" GPS-reciver

(I have both of them)

As simple as that.

f/w 2.3 Yellow sat icon = "Old" GPS-reciver
f/w 2.5 Blue sat icon = "New" GPS-reciver

(I have both of them)

As simple as that.

Simple as that, for you, they have 5 different GPS modules they've used and in some cases different firmware versions are using the same version numbers so it's very easy to break their stuff with an update due to their lack of a proper firmware naming convention

Simple as that, for you, they have 5 different GPS modules they've used and in some cases different firmware versions are using the same version numbers so it's very easy to break their stuff with an update due to their lack of a proper firmware naming convention

Yes, thank you so much! It's exactly as you stated. Not "as simple as that" at all. It's a mess, and they don't even tell you what is for what. I simply requested new firmware for my RX300, but they never actually asked me what GPS do I have here. If firmware version is updated just for this particular GPS module, they should state that, and they should state that in BOLD fonts. It's a mess.

Back