SJCAM officials trying to "intimidate" websites - I want an apology

Their latest 3 models were totally below expectations, and I think that they are more focused on being afraid of competitors that are becoming better themselves.
One more proof in which direction this whole sjcam ship is going. It is sinking.
Then you wouldn't want to be advertising such poor quality products, would you? ;)

Have you ever read my website? It appears you haven't. Go read some of the reviews ,I never said they were poor, but they were indeed below the expectations. Entire SJ5000 series and latest SJ4000+. But that is irrelevant to this discussion.

Here is my reply to sjcam, I had to do it, but I wont bother with it anymore.
email reply.png

Last edited:
think of what he named the site, note though he did start with just an SJ4000 but every knockoff out there, SJ5000, SJ6000, SJ7000 collectively get referred to as SJ cams, in hindsight it's a poor choice of name I guess when all the copies exist, but that's just how things turned out

I do see both sides of the situation but reality is he isn't doing their brand any harm, he's not out there trying to pass off other goods as SJCAM product, his representation of the products is honest, there's obviously some bad blood between whoever is behind SJCAM and whoever is behind GitUp but that's their issue, not Pavle's issue

Last edited:
You can be held legally liable for what you place online, but until you receive an official "Cease and desist" notice from a Law firm or Court, I wouldn't worry about it.

Those who seek gain through intimidation make more enemies than friends and in the end they harm themselves more than you can.

Phil
+1

There's obviously some bad blood between whoever is behind SJCAM and whoever is behind GitUp but that's their issue, not Pavle's issue
Before I saw this message, I have sent an email to @Pavle, I did some clarification about SJCAM and GitUp, sorry for the inconvenience for @pavel.

Have you ever read my website? It appears you haven't. Go read some of the reviews , instead of being a troll. I never said they were poor, but they were indeed below expectation. Entire SJ5000 series and latest SJ4000+.
I'm glad you edited your reply.

Yes, I've been to your site many times and read some of the reviews because I think you do a good job there (and here, too).
No, I don't own any action camera (yet, but your reviews are among the ones which would eventually help me decide what to buy) but I'm a fully participating forum member and I'm not here just for fun or trolling threads just because.

I'm glad you edited your reply.
Yeah, I overreacted, sorry about that, but I do not like when people pull words out of the context. Once again you have my apology for the post above. I edited it because I felt it was inappropriate and would lead this topic in completely different, off topic direction..

I now know that as @jokiin assumed, these two companies have bad blood among them. That however is not an excuse for this sort of behavior. Lets hope they will realize it does no good to them or their brand and focus on creating better products and leave me and my reviews alone, because they are not going anywhere. I always strive to be completely independent and honest. that's who I am and it will never change. That's how this forum works as well. And I have no intention of deleting a review of their competitors,no matter which brand it is, I am here for people who read my blog and not manufacturers.

How long would it take to put some sort of disclaimer statement on your site? 5 minutes?
'We cover SJCAMS, Clones, and other cams of this type. Not all cameras discussed on this site are the product of SJCAMS...' blah blah blah

Lawsuits and criminal prosecution are not a real factor, but savvy twerps can cause you other problems, like with the search engines, your host, youtube,etc.

I apologize for disagreeing with you, Pavle, but it seems they have a point: your site uses their brand name, so it's only natural that they don't like other brands being reviewed there. If you review differents brands of cameras why is the site called sjcamguides?
If I were you I'd simply change the website's name and the problem would disappear.
If there was a site called streetguardianguides.com, reviewing every dashcam out there, I don't think jokiin would be very pleased with it too.
I agree, seems like a reasonable request from SJcam not to be associated with another manufacturers products.

They do not mind other cameras, never bothered them ,but obviously Git cameras are their issues. And I couldn't care less on their attempt on censorship the website. You are making false assumptions based on my website name. ,My website can be SummerJamCameras who gives a crap? Its the content that matters,I can change it any day, but I will not, as I feel its not right thing to do. I believe in free internet.

Further more I believe my website drastically helped them boost their brand awareness and provided good resource for their customers. Until I get anything official, I will continue to do what I do. There is nothing reasonable about this request. And obviously they do not want people to read about other brand. Situation is a pure attempt of censorship and intimidation.

You are also missing a point here. They did not email me saying, "hey we do not like your domain name". The mail was a removal request without a tiny piece of shame, removal request for an article that has zero mention of their brand or anything else. Even if they or any other brand requests their own review to be removed - not gonna happen!!!w

Writing here will change nothing, I just wanted to make the emails public, as people should know how companies operate. I will always remain transparent, and will continue to publicly display any other email they send to me, but will no longer get involved into a discussion with people who are missing the point of this thread and are (on purpose or not) leading it in an off topic direction.

Last edited:
The issue is: Sjcam(dot)com is only a reseller. SJCamHd.com is the official website and trademark owner of SJCAM.

SJCAM(dot) is using the the SJCAM name to promote their own independent brand "GitUp."

This is not fair to the SJCAM brand.

As someone already mentioned in this thread, if the site URL were simply ActionCamGuides.com then there would be no issue.

We didn't mean to intimidate or offend anyone, but, please do not use SJCAM to promote GitUp on your homepage like this (See attached)

Attachments

• unfairly-promoting-other-brands-on-SJCAM-URL-site.jpg
    unfairly-promoting-other-brands-on-SJCAM-URL-site.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 49
SJCAM(dot) is using the the SJCAM name to promote their own independent brand "GitUp."

This is not fair to the SJCAM brand.

that's between you and them, nothing to do with an enthusiast site, he's not a reseller, he just reviews the products that he uses personally

www.sjcam.com has no GitUp products listed so I'm not sure why you think trying to bully this guy is the answer to your problems, if you want people to buy your products work on making better products

We apologized in my last post to Pavle if he thought he was bullied.

The fact is, we were simply asking him to remove "***up" from a site that has SJCAM in the URL which is trademarked in over 100 countries in the world.

If Apple sent a letter like this, would you say Apple was "bullying"?

The SJCAM trademark owners only asked him to kindly remove it and did not make any threats;

We actually agree with many on this thread/forum; Let the products speak for themselves.

"Why did we not ask Pavle to remove Xiaomi XiaoYi?"

Because, the whole world knows that Xiaomi and SJCAM has "zero" affiliation.

The ***Up owners own the SJCAM.com URL and will not sell it to SJCamHD.com owners. This is fine. But, and here's the big But,

Many people still think that sjcam(dot)com is the official manufacturer's site. So, when sjcam(dot)com pushes their new brand, people get confused and thinking that SJCAM and **tUp are owned by the same people.

Let **itUP do their own brand, but, why on their site are they mixing the two brands?

See the attached screenshots; This is unfair marketing by **tup:

SJCAM never mentioned taking any measures against anyone so kindly asking materials to be removed from a Website which has trademark name in it is reasonable.

Hopefully **tUp can change their marketing strategy and market their products solely on their own, and, not piggy-backing off of the SJCAM brand.

Thanks!

Attachments

• SJCAM.COM-USING-SJCAM-TO-PROMOTE-OWN-BRAND.jpg
    SJCAM.COM-USING-SJCAM-TO-PROMOTE-OWN-BRAND.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 24
    130.3 KB · Views: 23
  • MIXING-UP-BRANDS.jpg
    MIXING-UP-BRANDS.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 22
  • MIXING-UP-BRANDS-.jpg
    MIXING-UP-BRANDS-.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 25
if some reseller sells both brands and have both on their site there's nothing you can do, even if they started by promoting your brand first, you should be happy they still want to even sell your product

there's no GitUp product listed on www.sjcam.com which really is the only ones you'd have cause to complain against, your argument that people are confused because they promote their brand under your name is invalid if the GitUp product isn't even on the site, I have not seen anyone here that was confused and thought GitUp and SJCAM were connected until you guys started sending your threats, you made the connection public

Okay, someone is clearly on one side of the argument; It is fine.

I am a Native English speaker and an Owner of a trademark "kindly" asking someone to remove materials from a site, or reply with explanation within 48 hours, is not "bullying."

And, yes, Sjcam(dot)com is mixing up their marketing. And yes, people are marketing them together. Again, "Please see attached."

I have nothing else to say regarding this. Hopefully the SJCAM brand owners and Sjcam(dot)com can come to some fair agreement.

SJCAM success = Sjcam(dot)com success so it is in everybody's interest to keep the brands clearly separate.

Attachments

• MIXING-UP-BRANDS.jpg
    MIXING-UP-BRANDS.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 14
  • MIXING-UP-BRANDS-.jpg
    MIXING-UP-BRANDS-.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 16
  • SJCAM.COM-USING-SJCAM-TO-PROMOTE-OWN-BRAND.jpg
    SJCAM.COM-USING-SJCAM-TO-PROMOTE-OWN-BRAND.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 17
    130.3 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
I'm not on anyone's side, or in anyone's pockets, I have no connection with anyone from SJCAM or GITUP, your claims don't stack up and your screenshots don't support what you're saying either for that matter

Kindly asking and bullying are two different things when you state they have 2 days, just because you said please doesn't make it ok

If you want success start thinking about what you do rather than looking at others to blame for your problems

There is a certain irony in witnessing companies that are producing nearly exact knock-offs with virtually the identical look and feel of other company's iconic original designs (GoPro and Liquid Image) engaged in a spat over ethical business practices, trademark and brand protection.

Last edited:
We did not "bully" so please use your words carefully.

however you think it should be phrased you're going after the wrong guy, if anything @Pavle has done plenty to promote your products, it's reviews that guys like Pavle have done that even give people confidence to buy in the first place, it's not something you find in a retail shop so people buying online rely on this type of information, now when you start wanting to tell him he can't have GitUp product reviews on his page because you own the SJCAM trademark who looks like the bad guy, SJCAM or GitUp? If the GitUp product was an exact replica of your product that might have some merit, it's not though and it's clearly different in size, specification and design, sorry if you don't see it but that's not Pavle's issue

your issues are obviously with whoever is behind GitUp, until this came about I don't recall any connection being made by anyone here, it only came to light when you made it that way, it seems whoever it is has some type of prior connection to your company and there's some type of feud going on, maybe GitUp are the bad guys, they don't look that way though

Yes, actually, I really like Pavle. Made sure his M10+ plus shipped out first as he was so patient and courteous.

Maybe we could have called him instead of writing the letter but the management here wanted us to write a letter.

We left a phone number he could have called to clarify anything before blasting us on this thread :)

I actually want to call him and maybe we can come to some sort of agreement / understanding.

Anyways, thanks everyone for your input and hopefully, our other competitors and resellers will respect the SJCAM trademark and do marketing campaigns 100% separately.

Reactions: Mtz
Back