Fusion Next app : Linkineyes for Ambarella A7L, FN cam for Novatek 9665X

Last night's dashcamtalk server crash wiped out a few days worth of posts. Using my email history I wanted to help re-post the following:

@erkme73 asked the following:

"Hello @Fusion Next -

I just installed your app from the Google Play Store. It worked without any problems. However, I didn't realize that the app is only for cameras with WIFI connections. Is there anyway to add functionality for users who plug their SD cards into their phones (either directly or via OTG adapter)?

I can't seem to get any directory listing - everything points back to attempting to connect to a camera with WIFI... Thx!"

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello everyone !
We are Fusion Next and we developed APP :

Linkineyes for Ambarella A7L
(https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fusionnext.camera&hl=zh_TW)
https://itunes.apple.com/tw/app/linkineyes/id750726978?mt=8
ex. camera SJCAM 5000 plus, Intova edgeX,Apical...

And FN cam for Novatek 9665x
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fusionnext.nv.camera&hl=zh_TW
https://itunes.apple.com/tw/app/fn-cam/id1012913378?mt=8
ex. camera SJCAM 4000,5000

Welcome everyone to download and try, we appreciate your feedback and suggestion. thanks.
Any chance this can be made to work with BlackVue WiFi cameras.. AND a PC version (Windows 7).. Please:).. Really really please!!!

Last night's dashcamtalk server crash wiped out a few days worth of posts. Using my email history I wanted to help re-post the following:

@erkme73 asked the following:

"Hello @Fusion Next -

I just installed your app from the Google Play Store. It worked without any problems. However, I didn't realize that the app is only for cameras with WIFI connections. Is there anyway to add functionality for users who plug their SD cards into their phones (either directly or via OTG adapter)?

I can't seem to get any directory listing - everything points back to attempting to connect to a camera with WIFI... Thx!"
Thanks for your feedback. May we know the reason for this requirement ? Basically you can use phone native photo & video viewer to see the SD card content . So is there any particular reason ? Looking forward to hearing from you.

Than
Any chance this can be made to work with BlackVue WiFi cameras.. AND a PC version (Windows 7).. Please:).. Really really please!!!
Thanks for your feedback. As we don't have relationships with BlackVue, we don't know which chipset and API ...it's difficult....sorry:-(

Than

Thanks for your feedback. As we don't have relationships with BlackVue, we don't know which chipset and API ...it's difficult....sorry:-(
All the more reason to take BlackVue customers by showing them that you have better programmers. :D:D

Thanks for your feedback. May we know the reason for this requirement ? Basically you can use phone native photo & video viewer to see the SD card content . So is there any particular reason ? Looking forward to hearing from you.
Contrary to what seems to be assumed the norm.. not everyone has a "smart" phone.. And in any case the "view" on a smartphone or tablet is severely lacking in detail and extras such as GPS Data

not just the player, the version you have with map support is what's needed, that is better to play from the SD card and is a far bigger market than just cameras with wifi support

get your Android app with map support working to play from the memory card and you have a big market waiting

not just the player, the version you have with map support is what's needed, that is better to play from the SD card and is a far bigger market than just cameras with wifi support

get your Android app with map support working to play from the memory card and you have a big market waiting

That sums it up. There is a huge market waiting for this. (direct memory card playback, combined files into one timeline with GPS data/map support.

If it's at all possible, please make it happen. There are many beta testers waiting to help out here :)

I could have sworn I posted here - maybe it was lost in the 3-day backup/restore of the DB. @Fusion Next - Is there any chance you can add support to the app for those who want to read the SD card directly? My cameras do not have wifi capabilities, but I do pop the µSD card out of the camera, and into an OTG reader (or directly into my phone's µSD card slot) to replay.

Unless I'm doing something wrong, I can't seem to get your app to index local files - virtually every option I pick gets it searching for a wifi camera.

As to the smartphone audience comment - I'm sure there are many people who don't have smart phones - but they are in the minority. Newer phones are all pushing 1080p or higher resolution, and with the ability to zoom in while playing (i.e. MX player) the practicality and functionality of your app cannot be overstated.

I could have sworn I posted here - maybe it was lost in the 3-day backup/restore of the DB. @Fusion Next - Is there any chance you can add support to the app for those who want to read the SD card directly? My cameras do not have wifi capabilities, but I do pop the µSD card out of the camera, and into an OTG reader (or directly into my phone's µSD card slot) to replay.

Unless I'm doing something wrong, I can't seem to get your app to index local files - virtually every option I pick gets it searching for a wifi camera.

As to the smartphone audience comment - I'm sure there are many people who don't have smart phones - but they are in the minority. Newer phones are all pushing 1080p or higher resolution, and with the ability to zoom in while playing (i.e. MX player) the practicality and functionality of your app cannot be overstated.

Yes your post was lost in the 3 day server/data base crash. I re-posted your question for you a few posts up:
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...am-for-novatek-9665x.12816/page-2#post-180352

Thanks for reposting so we can show the demand for this feature.

That's funny... For once, it wasn't my failing memory... At least we all know my reading comprehension sucks :( I scanned through the posts, looking for my avatar. Busted... oops.

Thanks all for your valuable feedback. Yes, as our app it can support this, but there are some issue to be solved. 1.The tracking & video player is base on the tracking time & video start time , but once the video move or copy, the video file time will change which will lead to fail playback (GPS tracking & Video miss match) . 2.currently our app file browser only scan own folder, it will be redesign the browser. 3. current app has unnecessary function for none wifi camera . So we will plan to do a gps tracker +map player to fulfill your requirement. thanks.

Good news , we found the solution to solve the issue 1. So we expect to make a test apk base on our current app for you to try within two weeks.

How's it coming along? (always easier said than done, so delays are expected) We are looking forward to the new OTG direct card reader playback support! (exciting)

Sorry to keep your waiting, actually we almost make it , just need few days. We also integrate some cool function : 1. One app can support both AMBA & Novatek Chip . 2.Multi-cam function (you can use wifi cam and your phone cam to take photo or recording at the same time, if you don't have wifi cam, you can use phone cam alone). we are doing our best , thanks.

Sorry to keep your waiting, actually we almost make it , just need few days. We also integrate some cool function : 1. One app can support both AMBA & Novatek Chip . 2.Multi-cam function (you can use wifi cam and your phone cam to take photo or recording at the same time, if you don't have wifi cam, you can use phone cam alone). we are doing our best , thanks.

interested to have this work with our cameras, do you need some sample files, GPS format info etc?

Currently we only support the phone's GPS data, due to there is no standard gps format in the video file.

Back