Fusion Next app : Linkineyes for Ambarella A7L, FN cam for Novatek 9665X

just tried this with the Git1 action camera, which is uses a novatek processor. my phone connects to the git1 wifi just fine, but the app will not talk to the camera. it just tells me to connect to the camera's wifi and restart the app, which i've already done.

then again, the app that gitup said to use with this camera doesn't talk to the camera either. my phone's wifi works - i can get on the internet and access my home server via both rdp and samba, and it also connected to a different wifi action camera without a problem.

Due to different camera may have different gps storage format, we are working on this and plan to support general format first.

Keep up the good work really excited you're working on direct card reader (non-wifi) playback support.

just tried this with the Git1 action camera, which is uses a novatek processor. my phone connects to the git1 wifi just fine, but the app will not talk to the camera. it just tells me to connect to the camera's wifi and restart the app, which i've already done.

then again, the app that gitup said to use with this camera doesn't talk to the camera either. my phone's wifi works - i can get on the internet and access my home server via both rdp and samba, and it also connected to a different wifi action camera without a problem.

Thanks for your feedback .
Is the app crash ? or link over 5 second then fail ?
It will be great if you can record the fail video for us :-)

In order to find the cause, would you please try whether FN cam can work or not (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fusionnext.nv.camera&hl=zh_TW)

thanks again

It will be great if you can record the fail video for us :)

In order to find the cause, would you please try whether FN cam can work or not (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fusionnext.nv.camera&hl=zh_TW)

thanks again
That's the app I was using. Will see if I can record the video for you. The app doesn't crash or freeze or show any errors, it simply tells me to connect to the camera's WiFi and restart the app.

I've been meaning to dissect the git1 and take pictures of its guts, so I might as well do that and verify which cpu it actually has in the process since it's not listed on the gitup site. Their site only names the image sensor.

It will be great if you can record the fail video for us :)

thanks again
OK I tried the FN cam app on my wife's android tablet (galaxy tab2 7" wifi only, stock android 4.2.2) and it works. must be some incompatibility with my phone or its OS (galaxy s3, cyanogenmod12/android 5.1).

i love being able to set some camera options directly on the tablet such as resolution, and the instant "take a photo" button looks be useful. live preview works well - it's very smooth and only has a very short delay when there's motion. however, playing videos from the camera doesn't work very well. it shows one or two frames of video, then video freezes or scrambles, while audio keeps going. after a few seconds, video catches up briefly then freezes again. not sure if this is a limitation of the GIT1 camera or something else - i had a different action camera do the same thing even when using the actual software for that camera.

other comments:
- i hope you don't plan to leave the large fusionnext logo in the middle of the screen all the time. yes, you can see through it, but it's kind of annoying and not necessary since you already have a full screen logo when you start the app.
- i need the option to download files to a custom location - my phone and tablet don't have much internal storage space because of all the apps i have installed, so i need to be able to download to the external SD card of my phone/tablet. it's true that new android phones generally don't have an SD card slot anymore, but there are a LOT of android devices still out there (and even some brand new ones) that do have an SD card slot and a lot of people still use them. this is especially important on budget android devices - some of those only have 1 or 2gb of internal storage, so they HAVE to use their SD card for everything.
- when viewing the list of videos and photos on the action camera, some don't have thumbnails, and it pops up a message: "not enough storage, please delete some files and restart". i checked, and i have 4.57GB free on internal storage, and 29.48GB free on the SD card. how much space does it want?
- some of the files on the sd card in the camera are very large because i was running a battery drain test to see how long it'd go. these files are all listed as being about -5.53MB in size. yes, it shows a negative mark. another one is listed as -1669.66MB. when i put the SD card in my PC to read it, these files are all about 4gb in size. it shows thumbnails for all of these, so i expect i would be able to download them or try to view them via wifi, but i did not try.

the only one of the items i listed above that really bothers me is the download location. i would think this should be pretty easy to add to the app.

Last edited:
When I click on the link I get this.. and do not understand it, sorry

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 15
OK I tried the FN cam app on my wife's android tablet (galaxy tab2 7" wifi only, stock android 4.2.2) and it works. must be some incompatibility with my phone or its OS (galaxy s3, cyanogenmod12/android 5.1).

i love being able to set some camera options directly on the tablet such as resolution, and the instant "take a photo" button looks be useful. live preview works well - it's very smooth and only has a very short delay when there's motion. however, playing videos from the camera doesn't work very well. it shows one or two frames of video, then video freezes or scrambles, while audio keeps going. after a few seconds, video catches up briefly then freezes again. not sure if this is a limitation of the GIT1 camera or something else - i had a different action camera do the same thing even when using the actual software for that camera.

other comments:
- i hope you don't plan to leave the large fusionnext logo in the middle of the screen all the time. yes, you can see through it, but it's kind of annoying and not necessary since you already have a full screen logo when you start the app.
- i need the option to download files to a custom location - my phone and tablet don't have much internal storage space because of all the apps i have installed, so i need to be able to download to the external SD card of my phone/tablet. it's true that new android phones generally don't have an SD card slot anymore, but there are a LOT of android devices still out there (and even some brand new ones) that do have an SD card slot and a lot of people still use them. this is especially important on budget android devices - some of those only have 1 or 2gb of internal storage, so they HAVE to use their SD card for everything.
- when viewing the list of videos and photos on the action camera, some don't have thumbnails, and it pops up a message: "not enough storage, please delete some files and restart". i checked, and i have 4.57GB free on internal storage, and 29.48GB free on the SD card. how much space does it want?
- some of the files on the sd card in the camera are very large because i was running a battery drain test to see how long it'd go. these files are all listed as being about -5.53MB in size. yes, it shows a negative mark. another one is listed as -1669.66MB. when i put the SD card in my PC to read it, these files are all about 4gb in size. it shows thumbnails for all of these, so i expect i would be able to download them or try to view them via wifi, but i did not try.

the only one of the items i listed above that really bothers me is the download location. i would think this should be pretty easy to add to the app.

Thanks so much for your reply and comment.
For incompatibility issue, we will try to find out it.
For the playback freeze issue, it cause the video is high resolution, the wifi bandwith,decoding performance can not catch up. it may depend on the phone performance.
For the option to download files to a custom location, we will study.
For two file issue, we also will look into this.
thanks again.

Thanks so much for your reply and comment.
For incompatibility issue, we will try to find out it.
For the playback freeze issue, it cause the video is high resolution, the wifi bandwith,decoding performance can not catch up. it may depend on the phone performance.
For the option to download files to a custom location, we will study.
For two file issue, we also will look into this.
thanks again.
when playing videos on my device (stored locally on the device), there is no issue. i downloaded a couple of the clips to the tablet and they play perfectly with MX player. maybe the camera can't downsample the 1080p video before streaming?

for downloading, maybe just give the user two options: internal storage or external SD. then just put the videos in the FNcam folder as usual.

Last edited:
when playing videos on my device (stored locally on the device), there is no issue. i downloaded a couple of the clips to the tablet and they play perfectly with MX player. maybe the camera can't downsample the 1080p video before streaming?

for downloading, maybe just give the user two options: internal storage or external SD. then just put the videos in the FNcam folder as usual.
Thanks for your feedback. the video streaming resolution depends on the IC design (A company has small file for preview, N company only support original file streaming)

Argh ! if this become a standart with the major dashcam brands, i will have to buy a new smartphone as my old windows phone dont cut it in this game.
And thats allso okay, i can see i can get fairly good android phones for a reasonable price. and this software you guys are working on look interesting indeed.

Now if i could solve the problem of me not having a job i would be a happy fellow.

Happy New Year. It's been a few months. Is there any progress on the ability to read local .MOV (with embedded GPS data) locally on Android via OTG card reader?
There is a demand for this from SG9665GC users for sure.
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/adding-speed-to-playback-screen.16475/#post-213808
Sorry for late reply ! Due to we are busy in the map version and cloud service building, we will implement this function after that. It's no problem for us to read the embedded GPS data from the local file , the only issue is the different CarDV GPS data embedded format maybe different and it need to customize for each format. And we already know the AMBA & Nova standard format, it will be ok if the CarDV maker didn't change it.

Sorry for late reply ! Due to we are busy in the map version and cloud service building, we will implement this function after that. It's no problem for us to read the embedded GPS data from the local file , the only issue is the different CarDV GPS data embedded format maybe different and it need to customize for each format. And we already know the AMBA & Nova standard format, it will be ok if the CarDV maker didn't change it.

Excellent news, we're all looking forward to helping beta test this in the near future and making this a solution for all.

Back