nano Q(mini0903) and mini0806 advantaged features

Thank you Nigel for the insight
I stand corrected.
Your most welcome Paul.

The dual card support on the mini0806 does actually work very well in the way that I want it to work so to say that it is not functional is inaccurate. It simply does not function in the way that some people want to use it and so there are some dissatisfied customers as well as many satisfied ones. Always best to read a few reviews before buying something! I haven't actually heard of many people returning cameras because the dual card support does not function in the way they want it to.

Anyway, this thread is about the 0903, the replacement for the 0803?

Is it just me or has no one noticed this type of mount means you have to offset the camera as it gets in the way of the mirror mount..

the 0806 has the advantage off fitting the mount off centre and the camera central.

And the new camera looks like something a woman might discretely put in her handbag and hope customs doesnt go through it !!!

Is it just me or has no one noticed this type of mount means you have to offset the camera as it gets in the way of the mirror mount..

the 0806 has the advantage off fitting the mount off centre and the camera central.

And the new camera looks like something a woman might discretely put in her handbag and hope customs doesnt go through it !!!
Actually, on my car it will be an improvement since the mount can sit directly under the mirror mount and will look far more discrete than an off centre mount.

Also, the 0806 mount had to be some distance below the mirror in order to get the camera in the area swept by the wipers which makes it even less discrete, with the 0903 it can be tucked up directly beneath the mirror mount with the camera and mount perfectly centred so not looking out of place in any way.

Not sure what you mean by the last paragraph, can you post an image of what you are thinking of so that we can see the resemblance?

Your most welcome Paul.

The dual card support on the mini0806 does actually work very well in the way that I want it to work so to say that it is not functional is inaccurate. It simply does not function in the way that some people want to use it and so there are some dissatisfied customers as well as many satisfied ones. Always best to read a few reviews before buying something! I haven't actually heard of many people returning cameras because the dual card support does not function in the way they want it to.

Anyway, this thread is about the 0903, the replacement for the 0803?

Yes as curious as one might be about the 0806 dual card support Nigel is correct.
This thread is about the 0903.
Let's get back to that with this transition question

What are reader opinions regarding whether or not MEGTECH will actually engage in fully beta testing and putting 0903's in the hands of experts for evaluation before releasing the camera for sale in the marketplace?
Unlike the fatal release of the 0806.

Last edited:
MEGTECH just engaged. The youtube videos are from MEGTECH account, so they are testing ...

Hi Julie, the first sample will use NT96655 or AMBA?
In the first post you write: "Amba version will be soon out". which model, A7, A12 or H1?
the first sample and batch will use NT96655 with Sony IMX322. Amba version is under devoloping now. It may be out end of December or beginning of 2016. The sample will be ready this weekend.

Hi Julie, the first sample will use NT96655 or AMBA?
In the first post you write: "Amba version will be soon out". which model, A7, A12 or H1?
It will be Amba A7, it will be stable.

Can't wait for this thing to be release.. All I want is one reliable mini cam...
it will be good choice for you.. you can have a try after sample out. If not satisfied, you can turn back for us.

If there is heat issues with the NT chipset, i find it hard to see how it can work with a AMBA chipset in there.

From the outside of the car looking in i think this will seem just as "large" as for instance my SG9665GC or simmilar cameras.

As NT96655, the cooling will be better than Amba. As well, you can find we make many more cooling hole for our nano Q. Before shipment, we often make high temperature test. It looks like this as below image

Attachments

• QQ图片20151117190248.jpg
    QQ图片20151117190248.jpg
    295.1 KB · Views: 70
Hello Joo Voo
I find it ironic that on the word of Rayman Chan you accuse Julie Sanahi (a manufacturer) of false advertising.
Especially regarding the Mini 0806, the product he duped buyers with and then walked away
Mr Chan is a "Well Known" leader and expert in the practice of product misrepresentation .
His skills are legendary IMO

It seems to me that it would have been more appropriate to have pointed out to Ms. Sanahi that there were possibly some errors in the Comparison Chart she presented; and then await her reply.
However,assuming she is a competitor of Mr Chan's company, perhaps this is business as usual in your industry;and thus not surprising at all.

Hello Hezeus, thanks your supports for us. I am marketing leader and the same company with Mr Chan.(Rayman Chan). We are very tense and excited at present, because nano Q will be out this weekend. I will advise you as long as nano Q out. :)

Before shipment, we often make high temperature test. It looks like this as below image
It is nice to know that you test cameras before shipment, but I think I would prefer to have a camera that has not had that particular test. It can not be good for a long battery life if it has been cooked in the oven before shipment!

Thank you Dan.
I now realize that having been advised by you and Nigel.

Tell me however!
Why is it you think Ms Sanahi is engaged in false advertising?
She did have a valid reply to you in Post # 4 of this thread
And if you are so certain about her product why not correct her, rather than make an accusation?

Hi Hezeus, Joovuu may.. don't like our product mini0806, only i guess, but don't mind, we can ignor. "whether mini 0806 is false version", I think we needn't to prove. The real truth is that we designed and produced and togehter with mini 0806-PRO. It has been for one year. We showed first from HK Fair at Oct 2014 and first batch at end or December. Now, we have new product nano Q, hope our nano Q would enter into your eyes. ^_^ this is the best important.

The one good thing about this design is that the black GPS base that gobbles up heat is gone and the camera electronics are all spaced away from the windscreen ...

what baffles me about these cameras is the price they are released at considering you can buy a Nikon X38 zoom Coolpix for £20 more and read the letters on a planes wing at 40,000 ft...

Really is a bit of a joke that we discuss image quality of something that cant read a car numberplate 4 car lengths away :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Hi Hezeus, Joovuu may.. don't like our product mini0806, only i guess, but don't mind, we can ignor. "whether mini 0806 is false version", I think we needn't to prove. The real truth is that we designed and produced and togehter with mini 0806-PRO. It has been for one year. We showed first from HK Fair at Oct 2014 and first batch at end or December. Now, we have new product nano Q, hope our nano Q would enter into your eyes. ^_^ this is the best important.

Thank you Ms Sanahi
I just looked up the specifications/features of the 0806PRO om Amazon.com (U.S.)
There it is stated that the 0806PRO has Parking Guard & Motion Detect functions.
Is this accurate?
If so, is the Motion Detect buffered?
And the Parking guard fully functional without additional accessories?

Here is the Amazon link

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00VAP3W1I
Best regards

Edward

Yes as curious as one might be about the 0806 dual card support Nigel is correct.
This thread is about the 0903.
Let's get back to that with this transition question

What are reader opinions regarding whether or not MEGTECH will actually engage in fully beta testing and putting 0903's in the hands of experts for evaluation before releasing the camera for sale in the marketplace?
Unlike the fatal release of the 0806.

The 0806 was in deed beta tested by several people inc some on this forum -some of their feedback lead to changes being made before batch 1 was released!

Yeah i was on the 0806 test crew, but sadly my poor memory dont recall the names of some of the other guys on the test team.
As a tester you can only offer up your findings and suggestions to a product, the maker still deside if and when its time to release for production and sale.

It was a pleasure to work with Rayman Chan, and i feel like he listen to all i had to say about his product during the test fase, and what came after that was out of my hands.

I've received some nano-q units to test. I'm happy to take some suggestions here as to what people would like to see on the unit itself or in samples etc.

well ...
1) night video in city (with lights) [WDR ON / WDR OFF]
2) night video in highway or dark street [WDR ON / WDR OFF]
3) park mode
we would like to see video with other cars to check plate recognition. Please avoid high beam and use max bitrate and audio/mic on. Use different speed (not only 30 km/h but also 50 and 110 km/h), also tailoring other car at medium / high speeds.

I would like to download raw video (not only YouTube ones) to check real bitrate.

BUT the BEST VIDEO is a comparison with Mini 0806 and, of course, sg9665gc, only in night mode.

I had to get the microscope out to photo the nano!

It may be a really tiny little beast that is hard to see behind it's mount (same size as an 0806 mount), but it weighs 16% more than an 0806!

For those that don't know the size of an 0806 mount, that is a standard sized GoPro screw on the left.

0903.jpg

I'm very intrigued by the NanoQ but the mount seems quite out of scale and rather inflexible. I would much prefer to see a "nano" sized ball and socket mount which would allow far greater flexibility in mounting options in the widest range of vehicles along with increased stealth. The GoPro style mount is great for an action camera but for a car windshield leaves a lot to be desired, IMHO. Other than the mount this camera seems to have great potential.

Back