nano Q(mini0903) and mini0806 advantaged features

I'm very intrigued by the NanoQ but the mount seems quite out of scale and rather inflexible. I would much prefer to see a "nano" sized ball and socket mount which would allow far greater flexibility in mounting options in the widest range of vehicles along with increased stealth. The GoPro style mount is great for an action camera but for a car windshield leaves a lot to be desired, IMHO. Other than the mount this camera seems to have great potential.
Well you can get GoPro ball and socket mounts which this will fit, although they don't come with GPS and I don't know how you would get GPS and power through a ball and socket without all the wires getting cut when you adjust it! But if you don't need the GPS then the NanoQ will fit any GoPro mount.

The mount does have better adjustability than the 0806 mount as it is infinitely variable on pitch, while the 0806 moves in big clicks. (Of course it is only truly pitch if it is centred in the windscreen, or correctly corrected with a wedge.)

Well you can get GoPro ball and socket mounts which this will fit, although they don't come with GPS and I don't know how you would get GPS and power through a ball and socket without all the wires getting cut when you adjust it! But if you don't need the GPS then the NanoQ will fit any GoPro mount.

The mount does have better adjustability than the 0806 mount as it is infinitely variable on pitch, while the 0806 moves in big clicks. (Of course it is only truly pitch if it is centred in the windscreen, or correctly corrected with a wedge.)

Unfortunately GoPro attachments are oversized and would defeat the desired purpose as it would only make a bad problem worse. I don't see that it would be all too hard to come up with a method to wire a ball and socket such as a protected cable right through the center of the ball. Such a socket mount only needs a relatively limited range of movement. A stealthy gimbal mount that attaches at both ends and pivots at its base could also be a viable option.

well ...
1) night video in city (with lights) [WDR ON / WDR OFF]
2) night video in highway or dark street [WDR ON / WDR OFF]
3) park mode
we would like to see video with other cars to check plate recognition. Please avoid high beam and use max bitrate and audio/mic on. Use different speed (not only 30 km/h but also 50 and 110 km/h), also tailoring other car at medium / high speeds.

I would like to download raw video (not only YouTube ones) to check real bitrate.

BUT the BEST VIDEO is a comparison with Mini 0806 and, of course, sg9665gc, only in night mode.

Hi fiji

Sorry for the slow response, I've been on holiday etc. Quite happy to do those tests for you. I've mounted the 0903 in the center of my windscreen and I already had a mini 0806 to the left (passenger side here). I don't have a sg9665gc though unfortunately but maybe what I'll add to the mix is video on a gopro hero 4 as this seems to still be regarded as the best (but more action cam than dash cam, but for the purposes of testing this will be fine.

thank you. By the way, there is another beast in the jungle, its name is Waylens. Available from mid 2016 ...
There are also some night video footage and Waylens did a comparison with GoPro Hero 4 at 1080p ... another world ...

Last edited:
The Waylens is looking like $299 so you'd hope it had good quality - an unusual form factor but I can't help but think the GoPro was out of focus there to make it look better.

Shame they don't have any real raw footage to download to see what it really looks like straight out of the camera.

The overlays looks great though!

Attention please:
Big News for Mini 0903 -Nano Q 1,000pcs is arranged for mass production and delivery will be completed before 25th Jan.
Now The orders are welcome and with quick delivery.

Why so people are keen for mini dash cams, its appearance and high-end quality.
First batch of samples shipped out and get positive feedback, so people are full with confidence on NANO Q. Thanks!

Are these Ambarella version? Do you deliver also in Europe?

Are these Ambarella version? Do you deliver also in Europe?

Ambarella version will be later.
Novatek version on production now.
we have some Europe distributors :)

Some questions:
a) will be Novatek version firmware updated as soon as Ambarella version will be? Or Novatek is a "beta" version only for early adopters?
b) will Ambarella version support 1080p@60?
c) what is NanoQ Plus? Which accessories it includes?
d) can you give more info about Parking Guard Hardware Kit? How different is this from "common hardware kit"?
e) if I don't use Parking mode but I want to connect the Nanoq with my car battery (without using cygarette lighter) do I have to buy a Parking Guard Hardware Kit?
f) GPS, speed, registration number, date and time stamping are all saved on an external file (.srt, .ssa, ...) or hardcoded in the video track?
g) which is the max bitrate for "perfect" quality mode/setting?

Some questions:

a) will be Novatek version firmware updated as soon as Ambarella version will be? Or Novatek is a "beta" version only for early adopters? -- Novatek version for WiFi requirement, Ambarella version for Remote Control requirement. They are in parallel.
b) will Ambarella version support 1080p@60? -- base on the chipset choosen (A7LA50 support 1080P 45fps, A7LA70 support 1080P 60fps.) & (A7LA70 version will only be provided for the OEM distributors.)
c) what is NanoQ Plus? Which accessories it includes? -- Ambarella version is nanoQ Plus, accessories are same.
d) can you give more info about Parking Guard Hardware Kit? How different is this from "common hardware kit"? -- please check out in the manual V2.
e) if I don't use Parking mode but I want to connect the Nanoq with my car battery (without using cygarette lighter) do I have to buy a Parking Guard Hardware Kit? -- a common hardwire kit will work.
f) GPS, speed, registration number, date and time stamping are all saved on an external file (.srt, .ssa, ...) or hardcoded in the video track? -- GPS information is stored in GPS log file, similar with 0806; and the information you mentioned can be stamping on video.
g) which is the max bitrate for "perfect" quality mode/setting? -- current 12MB, asked our engineer to try to adjust to higher.

current 12MB, asked our engineer to try to adjust to higher
The "old" Mini 0806 with custom bitrate firmware use 24 mbps, it's the double, hope your engineers can do better. Waiting for final price, but if it will be too high I think I'll wait A7LA70 version ...

The "old" Mini 0806 with custom bitrate firmware use 24 mbps, it's the double, hope your engineers can do better. Waiting for final price, but if it will be too high I think I'll wait A7LA70 version ...
The 0806 is Amberella instead of Novatek so requires more bitrate and also is higher resolution so again requires more bitrate. Still, 12mbps does seem a bit low for the super-fine setting, OK for normal though.

Back