Xiaomi Yi Custom firmware with lastest revision

....xiaomi splitts files for not loosing pieces of recording if microsd is to slow!
important is a fat32 formated microsd!

#enable 1/13/14/34/38 scene modes: auto/landscape/portrait/through_glass/car_DV
t cal -sc 14

scene mode like many cams have it for settings of color, gamma ... for special modes. You can try other modes, sombody here in forum posts sc 14 is best. You can test by yourself if something change.

What is it? is it for photo/video mode and what does it do? If it is for recording, don't you want to record in landscape - not portrait?

for video mode i think, you can try landscape but i see nothing on quality....

2. And what about the next one:

#fix ae/awb/af/adj 0:eek:n 1:eek:ff
t ia2 -3a 1 1 0 1

What does it do? And what number do you have to change if you want to change stuff?

it fixes the value of exposure, whitebalance on value you start recording so you have not the fluctuations between exposure and colors, looks better in video.

3. Finally, do gamma and shadow scripts also affect video mode or only photo mode?

video and photo mode

What is the difference betwenn the scene modes? Shutter speed?

Hi. This is my first post in DashcamTalk. I would like to try Yimax Movie in my Xiaomi Yi Z23L (1.2.13 firmware), but using a 1920x1080 24fps 16:9 resolution. I haven't see any script with these settings around here.
My goal is to use the Yi takes in a multicam experiment, along with a Canon 70d in Cinestyle Profile (1920x1080 23,976fps 16:9). So I look for a flat picture, to match Yi and Canon takes and edit the multicam in post.
I'm newbie, so I'm afraid of making a mistake and to damage the camera because any wrong setting in the script.
Summarizing: I need a Yimax Movie-like script with 1920x1080 24fps 16:9, for 1.2.13 firmware.
Any help to create this script? Many thanks in advance.
Download the Yimax script and change the line for bit rate.

Also drop the fps at low as you can then do it in software. 35MBPS at 30fps is much higher size per picture vs 60fps.

hi 5 files

first 20958
second 20927
third 23770
fourth 23565
fifth 21130

resolution is 1920* 1080 30 fps

i tried lower quality before and it was around 10000 kbps

yeah u are right a install firmware twice ...becacouse first one didnt proc....i dont know why

so what should i do next ? reflash firmware ? fat is formated to 32

This is my footages with this firmware (I changed the bitrate to 30, as in 35 the camera heat up too much) and more these lines by autoxec:

Code:
#RAW WB + IMPROVED HIGHLIGHTS script by nutsey

t ia2 -3a 1 0 0 1
t ia2 -awb off
t ia2 -adj autoknee 255

The trick I give (I did a lot of testing) is: Record always 2k and send it to Youtube always 2k (will display 1080p, but will be in 2K, proving clicking on "Statistics for nerds"), making this way, the bitrate after Youtube compression instead of staying close to 5, will be close to 10 and improving the quality of the final product.

Hi, I have 23L and I flashed the modified firmware from the first post to have higher bitrates.
I have a small problem, all the time I start recording video (I am using the 2.3K resolution so the highest possible in app and 1.2.13) it creates 2 clips.
The first video is about 2-3 secs long only and it saves and creates a new file.
Bitrate is also not 30 or 35 something near 20.
I am new to Yi what did I do wrong?

It seems that you did not update correctly, or not used the firmware compatible with your camera (23L).

Hi, I have 23L and I flashed the modified firmware from the first post to have higher bitrates.
I have a small problem, all the time I start recording video (I am using the 2.3K resolution so the highest possible in app and 1.2.13) it creates 2 clips.
The first video is about 2-3 secs long only and it saves and creates a new file.
Bitrate is also not 30 or 35 something near 20.
I am new to Yi what did I do wrong?
...read here in forum a little bit or use the search, this question would be answered a few times.
Your card is to slow for that bitrate, use an fat32 formated U3 card or go to normal firmware!

...read here in forum a little bit or use the search, this question would be answered a few times.
Your card is to slow for that bitrate, use an fat32 formated U3 card or go to normal firmware!

yeah i know i reflash it but its still there...
i downloaded last fw from oficial web and install it but its still version fw from this tread

...version number is always the same, you can only see on bitrates your videos have.

hi 5 files

first 20958
second 20927
third 23770
fourth 23565
fifth 21130

it seems they all have nearly 2 GB, look at bitrates of files if the bitrate is different you have microsd problem!
Normally with problem the files are much smaller than yours!

...version number is always the same, you can only see on bitrates your videos have.

hi 5 files

first 20958
second 20927
third 23770
fourth 23565
fifth 21130

it seems they all have nearly 2 GB, look at bitrates of files if the bitrate is different you have microsd problem!
Normally with problem the files are much smaller than yours!

jeah nearly 2 GB per file, bitrate is around 21-25, card is formated fat 32.
u ask me if i try flash firmaware twice and i did becouse first time dont wana proc....could u think there is a problem ?

...i think all is ok, same sizes and same bitrates each file.

Hi I'm new here and I received Z23L yesterday. But I try to make better the lens in moving but my tv is only HD and not Full HD.. So I don't know if it's perfect or not...
Me it's not for dashcam but for windsurfing (water) and skiing.. I've seen that I don't have IR filtrer.. It's better with ? And what goes it change if I put 35mb/s ?
When I choose 2K it's very noisy I don't understand why..
you can see a test from my camera in 1080 p full hd 60 fps, auto low light on. It's really noisy. sad.
You can see here a test from my camera in 2K 30 fps, same parameters. it's worst. you can see yourself... really sad.
It seems like a bad camera no ? Or it's normal ? I don't understand..

...i think all is ok, same sizes and same bitrates each file.

ok thank u very much ill try to find somebody with better sd card or ill buy one to test it

Hi I'm new here and I received Z23L yesterday. But I try to make better the lens in moving but my tv is only HD and not Full HD.. So I don't know if it's perfect or not...
Me it's not for dashcam but for windsurfing (water) and skiing.. I've seen that I don't have IR filtrer.. It's better with ? And what goes it change if I put 35mb/s ?
When I choose 2K it's very noisy I don't understand why..
you can see a test from my camera in 1080 p full hd 60 fps, auto low light on. It's really noisy. sad.
You can see here a test from my camera in 2K 30 fps, same parameters. it's worst. you can see yourself... really sad.
It seems like a bad camera no ? Or it's normal ? I don't understand..

yeah its because low light try it outside at the day light.... am using 60 fps very little and only for very nice sunny day. More fps more light....there is lots of about that on the internet

i think this is ok :

I don't have problem with light or no light because I think the light is good but it's not good for the quality of the video I think no ? It's really noisy.. Full hd is bad and 2K is worst.. I don't understand why.. Ok it's low light but here is really worst than video from xiaomi yi with low light no ? And with more bit rate it will be better do you think ? What's the best to do ?

Last edited:
I have Sandisk HC I Class10 microSD there, 35megabit is less than 4megabyte so class4 would be far enough.
upd.: hmm sorry The Toshiba 30MB/s HC I card was ther.... so I will reflash this custom and test with the SanDisk Class10 HC I than again....
update2: wow, very happy! Made now a 52 seconds footage, used the SanDisk CLass10 HC I and there is only one file at 35000bps! but it was a fresh card was nothing on it so the beginning of the card, will make more test later! Thanks!

Last edited:
Back