Xiaomi Yi Custom firmware with lastest revision

normally it splits when having 2gb, 7 minutes for 2k recordings per file.

yep thats exactly what happen, so if i want longer video, i have to choose a lesser option? what is next best and the limit? thank you for the reply

yep thats exactly what happen, so if i want longer video, i have to choose a lesser option? what is next best and the limit? thank you for the reply
you could try to add this line in a script and see if it split video properly to 4Gb instead of 2Gb..
Code:
#set 4GB file
writew 0xC03A8520 0x2004

you could try to add this line in a script and see if it split video properly to 4Gb instead of 2Gb..
Code:
#set 4GB file
writew 0xC03A8520 0x2004
perhaps a little beyond me, I managed to flash the firmware, but not sure about modifying or writing a script is it as simple as creating a plain text file, adding the lines and saving as the right name?

thanks

not exactly, take a look here, for more information about scripts if you want DIY.. :)

Hi !

Just testing the last firmware, it seems that my 1920x1080 60fps videos are not set to 35Mbps as the 50fps are. Can you confirm ?

Thx.

Hi @Fried
Here is my CINE script... based on fw 1.2.13 and @gente his script
I can't test it myself yet because I lended my Yi to my nephew...
so I would really like feedback of some testers
NR is set to 0 so I expect really bad footage at night so if someone wants to test it, daytime would be perfect
I think I set the colors a little too bright I don't know

Thanks again for helping me!

Attachments

Hi !

Just testing the last firmware, it seems that my 1920x1080 60fps videos are not set to 35Mbps as the 50fps are. Can you confirm ?

Thx.
I'll check ..

Hi @Fried
Here is my CINE script... based on fw 1.2.13 and @gente his script
I can't test it myself yet because I lended my Yi to my nephew...
so I would really like feedback of some testers
NR is set to 0 so I expect really bad footage at night so if someone wants to test it, daytime would be perfect
I think I set the colors a little too bright I don't know

Thanks again for helping me!
cine effect I thought a very flat image in this script I see you have pushed hard vibrance/saturation, to have an idea how movie effect should be try nutsey Yimax script here... night footage will be bad most of times cause this cam isn't born for that.. if you feel color too bright try to replace these lines
Code:
#setting vibrance and saturation
t ia2 -adj ev 0 0 120 0 0 150 0

#set gamma level between 100-150
t ia2 -adj gamma 140

cine effect I thought a very flat image in this script I see you have pushed hard vibrance/saturation, to have an idea how movie effect should be try nutsey Yimax script here... night footage will be bad most of times cause this cam isn't born for that.. if you feel color too bright try to replace these lines
Code:
#setting vibrance and saturation
t ia2 -adj ev 0 0 120 0 0 150 0

#set gamma level between 100-150
t ia2 -adj gamma 140

Thanks mate! You're right.
I've push too far those parameters.
I think that low gamma level, makes the video overall darker by making the colors less "powerful"
Am I correct?

I will use nutseys goprawn but maybe I
will set coring to 8 for disabling or 10 cuz
I really want pure focus.

ow yeah do you think script for helping lens set to focus will help? Because our cam has a wide angle lens so maybe zooming in by script is an option? Or should I just buy a lens kit?

Thanks again!

for setting lens ocus there's a specific manual procedure but you have to open it and rotate lens (after remove glue) with cam connected to a monitor via miniHDMI and focus an object @50-60cm distance...

Could you guys tell me if I put the camera into a lower res than 2k for video, will the video last longer? ie more than 7 mins?

is not a resolution problem but microsd write-speed issue.. anyway you could try script to cut video @4Gb instead 2Gb..

card should be fine, you could try a lower resolution, if you set a lower quality with custom firmware you'll lost 35Mbps cause I set it only on high quality..

imho there isn't a best firmware but a good balance quality/perfomance, in this thread you find that good balance at least for me...

and which is the best :) ? I'm talking about picture quality and recording speed and good colors ... :)

aah some good script you mean, again there isn't a best one it depend what you like...
in this thread there are many scripts posted...

high resolution for FW 1.1.0 and for 1.2.13 , good write speed of 40-50Mbps , etc :) and colors and sharpness :) is the most important ...

As I say go back couple of pages to find some scripts... :)

Back