Xiaomi Yi Custom firmware with lastest revision

I don't have problem with light or no light because I think the light is good but it's not good for the quality of the video I think no ? It's really noisy.. Full hd is bad and 2K is worst.. I don't understand why.. Ok it's low light but here is really worst than video from xiaomi yi with low light no ? And with more bit rate it will be better do you think ? What's the best to do ?

like less light make it noisy...try to set up quality to high and post something from outside....sun light. My bit rate now is around 20Mbps and its still noisy if is there low light condition...

I have Sandisk HC I Class10 microSD there, 35megabit is less than 4megabyte so class4 would be far enough.
upd.: hmm sorry The Toshiba 30MB/s HC I card was ther.... so I will reflash this custom and test with the SanDisk Class10 HC I than again....
update2: wow, very happy! Made now a 52 seconds footage, used the SanDisk CLass10 HC I and there is only one file at 35000bps! but it was a fresh card was nothing on it so the beginning of the card, will make more test later! Thanks!

i dont get it because from beginning camera was making files around 35000 bps and now its only 200000-250000 bps
i cant really test it properly ... u know am using some module sd card - module(lexar) - pc........ if i test it on pc its 19 MB/s

I want to have better still pictures, and also wish to have low noise reduction both for video and stills, better colors and sharpness.
What should I put into autoexec script? I am on the custom 1.2.13 now with 23L.

#YiMAX script by nutsey for 1.2.0 firmware
#vibrance/saturation adjustments
t ia2 -adj ev 0 0 140 0 0 150 0
#shadow/highlight clipping adjustments
t ia2 -adj l_expo 163
#RAW WB + IMPROVED HIGHLIGHTS script by nutsey
t ia2 -3a 1 0 0 1
t ia2 -awb off
t ia2 -adj autoknee 255
#set gamma level
t ia2 -adj gamma 220
#enable 14 scene mode
t cal -sc 14
#enable raw+jpeg stills
t app test debug_dump 14
sleep 9
#set noise reduction value to 1024
t ia2 -adj tidx -1 1024 -1

Is this seems to be a good mix of instructions I pasted here?
I did not found 1.2.13 FW version yet.

upd: I put the script to Yi. It created JPG+RAW images, lots of noise reduction on JPG, but that was expected at night at low lights... but on video less noise reduction is there as there are noisy old film look and the shadows are grey instead of black, I hope I can test it at Sunlight too but it is winter here with snow ATM :)

I found some good stuff in this repo:
https://github.com/PJanisio/Xiaomi_Yi_autoexec/tree/master/
Question: What is the default gamma level? here it set to 220, I think it is too much I found other examples where it is only 80, so what is the default value and the reasonable range?

Last edited:
I have again splitted files and lowered bitrate with the custom FW at 2.3k 30fps and 35mbps as it turns back to 20mbps.
It was working fine at night but at daylight it is splitting again :(

Is there an autoscript code to lower it to 30mbps for that resolution and 1.2.13 (custom)FW?
Could someone write me that line? I could make a try with that one without flashing FW all the times.

by the way I am sure it is not about the microSD speed as 35megabitpersec is less than 3.5 megabyte/sec and my class10 card can be written at 10megabyte/sec which is over 100mbps so it could be some buffering issue in Yi
some microSD's could have a buffer and solve it.

upd.:
I used the following to set 30mbps and testing it now:

#2304x1296 30 fps 30 mbps
writeb 0xC06CC426 0x02
writew 0xC05C1EB2 0x41F0

Last edited:
i have 22l since doing this firmware my footage has dropped from 25mbps to 20-21mbps and i think everything is a lot noisier in the dark ie iso is being ramped up,
is there a way i can go back to xiaomi previous firmware my yi shows version as 1.2.13

i have 22l since doing this firmware my footage has dropped from 25mbps to 20-21mbps and i think everything is a lot noisier in the dark ie iso is being ramped up,
is there a way i can go back to xiaomi previous firmware my yi shows version as 1.2.13

Of course you can flash any of the firmwares (older or custom does not matter here I assume) just put that firmware.bin to the root of our microSD and turn on camera (with fully charged battery plus connecting to power supply is recommended) it will flash that firmware.

To get official firmware go here and select and download and follow instructions:
http://www.xiaoyi.com/update/sports

Hi @gente
What kind of microsd cards do you you use when you flash into custom firmware. 32 or 64 gb or its doesnt matterl? I heard that 64 gb versions are not usable for flashing. Or every card is good for flashing as long as its formated into fat32 32?
look at my signature....

You can format 64GB size drive to FAT32?

As I knew it is only possible with special formatters.
I only use 16GB cards.
I have a 32gb chinese card that work well and a 64 gb formatted exfat that works good aswell.
You don't need to format fat32 a 64 gb card, anyway if you flash a firmware I personally use a lower capacity card like 32/16gb that can be formatted Fat32 ..

is SD card Kingston Micro SDHC karta 32GB Class 10 UHS-I good enough for 35mbps ?

is SD card Kingston Micro SDHC karta 32GB Class 10 UHS-I good enough for 35mbps ?
i'm using a Samsung 64GB EVO MICRO SD XC MEMORY CARD CLASS 10 UHS-I bought from amazon and don't have split issue...

...you can format with fat32 up to 8TB with 32kb cluster, search here i have all write down weeks before!!!

it work for me, I only use 32gb (fat32) card if I have to flash firmware cause I read that exfat could corrupt flashing so for safe I did that...

With me it is that my camera to record the material as if too fast , and I'm surprised because like recording 2560x1440 but much faster , the speed of 30Mbps recording, I do not know whether the card is guilty? too slow ?? (FAT32)

Back