Xiaomi Yi Custom firmware with lastest revision

Could you guys tell me if I put the camera into a lower res than 2k for video, will the video last longer? ie more than 7 mins?
every file is 2GB for normal, lower resolution means less information and so 2GB of 1080p for example last longer than 7 minutes of 2K!
I mean about 9 minutes....

Hi !

Just testing the last firmware, it seems that my 1920x1080 60fps videos are not set to 35Mbps as the 50fps are. Can you confirm ?

Thx.

jeah for me too 1920 and 60 fps is around 25 Mbps. First shor 10 s video is 35 but then 2 Gb video is around 25 Mbps ! Long shots making a camera pretty hot !
what is good its looks like with fw camera starting litle bit faster then original fw

...thats typical for slow microsd.

Hello, I have a similar recording with good quality 4-10s 30-44Mbps , then that file on the card itself is divided and subsequent recording is from 16 to 20 Mbps :( I do not know what the cause is, I bought a new microSD with U1 , and it is the same :(

Is there a way to do this ? Remove the battery before recording ?

I have over 6 minutes footage @35mbps with samsung 64gb

...45 mbits no problem with my sandisk and samsung all U3 version!!!
tested 20 minutes splitted in 4 files, all with 45mbits and 2GB size!
Try to format first in fat32 (32kb)...

Hello and greetings from Serbia!
I need your help people, because I accidentally ripped wifi ribbon. Need some lines in firmware from the first page (23L) or some new script for auto turning on wifi. Is that possible?

PS. Sorry for my english.

Hello and greetings from Serbia!
I need your help people, because I accidentally ripped wifi ribbon. Need some lines in firmware from the first page (23L) or some new script for auto turning on wifi. Is that possible?

PS. Sorry for my english.
Start from this post and read all the answers below.

Ok, thanks inimeg, but now I have a new problem. Camera looks like bricked. :(
I need to solve that first.

...45 mbits no problem with my sandisk and samsung all U3 version!!!
tested 20 minutes splitted in 4 files, all with 45mbits and 2GB size!
Try to format first in fat32 (32kb)...

formated to fat32 32kb and 2GB file size is still 21000kbps :( i thought that card will be ok but it is not....so nextime ill buy best what i can.

...all files are 2GB and 21mbits, normally next files are smaller and more less bitrate?
what resolution, 2K?
try lower resolution and look if having 35mbits, that must be no problem.
setting by app to high quality?
could be you have to install firmware twice?

...all files are 2GB and 21mbits, normally next files are smaller and more less bitrate?
what resolution, 2K?
try lower resolution and look if having 35mbits, that must be no problem.
setting by app to high quality?
could be you have to install firmware twice?

hi 5 files

first 20958
second 20927
third 23770
fourth 23565
fifth 21130

resolution is 1920* 1080 30 fps

i tried lower quality before and it was around 10000 kbps

yeah u are right a install firmware twice ...becacouse first one didnt proc....i dont know why

Last edited:
Hi. This is my first post in DashcamTalk. I would like to try Yimax Movie in my Xiaomi Yi Z23L (1.2.13 firmware), but using a 1920x1080 24fps 16:9 resolution. I haven't see any script with these settings around here.
My goal is to use the Yi takes in a multicam experiment, along with a Canon 70d in Cinestyle Profile (1920x1080 23,976fps 16:9). So I look for a flat picture, to match Yi and Canon takes and edit the multicam in post.
I'm newbie, so I'm afraid of making a mistake and to damage the camera because any wrong setting in the script.
Summarizing: I need a Yimax Movie-like script with 1920x1080 24fps 16:9, for 1.2.13 firmware.
Any help to create this script? Many thanks in advance.

This is my first post, so I don't know how this website really works... Does anyone know what kind of dive filter I should buy for my Xiaomi Yi Action Camera and what waterproof case is compatible with the dive filter? I'd like to have a red filter like this one, but I don't know if it will fit my waterproof case... Will it fit this waterproof case (A) or this waterproof case (B)? I'd like to dive in shallow waters and change the blue/blue-green/green color to a more realistic color, but I just don't know what filters will fit what waterproof housings...?

Hallo all

this is my first Question her in the bord..pls sorry for bad english..im a German guy with new Z23L Yi cam...first question:

what is different in this fimrware to original?? "only" resolution?? Or another mod how sharpnes?? i search for a firmware or a script for better sharpness and colors..

thx

Hi. This is my first post in DashcamTalk. I would like to try Yimax Movie in my Xiaomi Yi Z23L (1.2.13 firmware), but using a 1920x1080 24fps 16:9 resolution. I haven't see any script with these settings around here.
My goal is to use the Yi takes in a multicam experiment, along with a Canon 70d in Cinestyle Profile (1920x1080 23,976fps 16:9). So I look for a flat picture, to match Yi and Canon takes and edit the multicam in post.
I'm newbie, so I'm afraid of making a mistake and to damage the camera because any wrong setting in the script.
Summarizing: I need a Yimax Movie-like script with 1920x1080 24fps 16:9, for 1.2.13 firmware.
Any help to create this script? Many thanks in advance.
You can use that script itself and change resolution and fps via app...

Hallo all

this is my first Question her in the bord..pls sorry for bad english..im a German guy with new Z23L Yi cam...first question:

what is different in this fimrware to original?? "only" resolution?? Or another mod how sharpnes?? i search for a firmware or a script for better sharpness and colors..

thx
In this custom firmware as you can read in first post, changes only bitrate (35mbps) for every high quality resolution, for scripts you looking for search in the forum, even couple of pages before this one, are uploaded really alot...

The same problem...the bitrate will split files...first little file with intended bitrate second with standard bitrate.....

Back