XIAOMI Yi ELF Files to Unbrick Camera

Can someone please direct me to the right thread or help me. I tried recording a test video, it works great but I can't hear any sound. I tried downloading it to my iphone since HD streaming is not allowed but still no sound. Is there any fix to this? Z22L and now using the latest firmware. Thanks.

Can someone please direct me to the right thread or help me. I tried recording a test video, it works great but I can't hear any sound. I tried downloading it to my iphone since HD streaming is not allowed but still no sound. Is there any fix to this? Z22L and now using the latest firmware. Thanks.

Maybe you're recording in high fps?

the only thing tha has change is that with the SN change the app sees an update to firmware..before it didnt..and i rtyed to update from there.i did downloiad the firmware but it didnt update.never start the update beep

yeah i see, that will never start the update i dont know what is the problem, i try using another memory just the same, getting tired for trying maybe l we must wait for the next firmware and update in via script

and maybe you should help me to email the xiaomi support about your problem, so they can help believe that many people got bootlooping problem here

Last edited:
yeah i see, that will never start the update i dont know what is the problem, i try using another memory just the same, getting tired for trying maybe l we must wait for the next firmware and update in via script

and maybe you should help me to email the xiaomi support about your problem, so they can help believe that many people got bootlooping problem here

i tryed to make an firmwate update ,cause it started to see the sd and the red light wan on.i was trying to record but i didnt..looks like to work but in a very slowly way..so i put 1.2.13 firmware(only firmware.bin) and for 3 hours was beeping for updating but it never did..

have you managed to do anything?did xiaomi respond..i am thinking using z23l elf files ,z22l dont work right

have you managed to do anything?did xiaomi respond..i am thinking using z23l elf files ,z22l dont work right

nothing now i just can only charg my camera, getting tired to fix it. and the support not reply my email maybe need more time to them reply mine.
so i just waiting for next firmware or waiting the support to reply my email. maybe u can help me send your problem to them too :), so they can respons our problem faster :)

nothing now i just can only charg my camera, getting tired to fix it. and the support not reply my email maybe need more time to them reply mine.
so i just waiting for next firmware or waiting the support to reply my email. maybe u can help me send your problem to them too :), so they can respons our problem faster :)
tell me how

Hi, when I short-circuit 2 points and pressing the power button nothing happen. No detect by Windows, LED not light. I do it many times. Anyone can help me?

when i open progress.txt in dcim folder its writing [4l[4h something like this whats this do you know ??

Hello to all my friends all over the world, greetings from Mexico (sorry for my bad english) recently i bricked my Xiomi yi (Z22, without L) this because i try to updated it by OTA( by the app) and when it "finished" it turns off and then when i tried to turn it on just the red ring started to flash, then i looked for this guide to try to unbrick it (because i supposed it was bricked) and when i tried this guide all that get was nothing, the Xiaomi just stop working full, no 3 lights, no red ring, no beeping, nothing, so i tried and tried, for hours, really hours, and finally i came back to life my Xiomi yi and this is what i did:

first of all my Xiomi yi is the Z22 model. and my PC its an iMac with bootcamp using Windows 8.1 pro

i lefted his battery with the plastic cover closed, and insert a 2gb micro sd card empty, formated in fat32.

then i take out the cover of the front face (the power button) and do this procces:

1.- i downloaded the software from the first post (yes, the main article, the mega.co.nz, the zip)
2.- VERY IMPORTANT, SUPER IMPORTANT!! disable driver signature, this is done by searching in google how to do it( you need to restart your computer in advance mood and disable 'drivers signature(this is for windows 8.1 pro)) look it on google how to do this.
3.- all right, connect the xiaomi yi to your computer (with battery and the micro sd on it)
4.- open the zip, and extracted wherever you want, i reccomend in your desktop.
5.- execute 'setup.exe' and follow the instructions in chinese... yes it's intuictuive. (this is the Xioami yi main program)( you will notice that in the folder there is a 'guide.pptx' you can follow it, but here its more explained.)
6.- open the program that you installed in the step 5.
7.- all right, look for a 'Firmware Programing' button an click on it, it dosen't make anything.

8.-THIS IT'S THE DIFICULT PART, return to your xaiomi yi, and try to make the short-circuit described in other posts on in the 'guide.pptx' from the zip, yes i know it's very deficult, i tried for hours, but it really works.

i noticed if you touch the orange cable, the resistor, the Ground point, and then you press the power button the 3 lights will turn on, i don't kwow if this was only in my case. well try it, really, try it!! try to touch the the resistor from diferent angles, try to press hard the resistor with the ground and CHECK IF THE YELLOW CABLE IT'S CONECTED ABOVE THE LENS(IT'S "MEMBRANE" CABLE) so be carefull and check it, scrape the resistor from the metal part (the part that its showed in the 'guide.pptx') maybe the metal part has a non-conductor material and you need to scrape it a little... maybe this its the difficult part.

so 8.1: connect the xiaomi with battery and micro sd on it, short-circuit the two points with a clip or a metal, described in the 'guide.pptx' and press the power button.

if you do right this step, a pop up window will show that it recognize a new device.

9. open 'control panel' in the PC and click on 'device manager' there you will see an strange device, right click on it and select 'update driver' -> manual upadte and here you need to go where you installed the 'Xiaomi yi' program. because there is a driver folder. once you look for it, it will show that the driver was successfully installed.

10.- close the 'Xiaomi yi' program

11.- open again the program

12.- select 'Firmware Programing' button and click on it, press the 'choose' button and look in the unziped folder your right file.

13.- click 'connect' button and the 'Status' indicator will say 'OK' and the command line will say 'Found 1 YDXJ Device!'

14.- finally click on 'Download' and wait for it finish.

when it finished, it will say 'Done!' in the terminal/command line and wait for 5 minutes, don't touch the camera and the program, just wait.

the xaiomi will turn off, no beeping, no light. wait another 3 minutes.

turn on your xiaomi, it will start beeping, its normal and it will turn off again. i repeat its normal!!

once it turns off, turn it on again, and thats it, your xaiomi will came back yo life

Well that is all i wish that i helped you. any question i will try to respond. Good Luck :D

@Wita Aldian Dear wita. my xiaomi has a problem like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=uYT8KoJCcpQ&app=desktop
do u know how to fix it ?

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello to all my friends all over the world, greetings from Mexico (sorry for my bad english) recently i bricked my Xiomi yi (Z22, without L) this because i try to updated it by OTA( by the app) and when it "finished" it turns off and then when i tried to turn it on just the red ring started to flash, then i looked for this guide to try to unbrick it (because i supposed it was bricked) and when i tried this guide all that get was nothing, the Xiaomi just stop working full, no 3 lights, no red ring, no beeping, nothing, so i tried and tried, for hours, really hours, and finally i came back to life my Xiomi yi and this is what i did:

first of all my Xiomi yi is the Z22 model. and my PC its an iMac with bootcamp using Windows 8.1 pro

i lefted his battery with the plastic cover closed, and insert a 2gb micro sd card empty, formated in fat32.

then i take out the cover of the front face (the power button) and do this procces:

1.- i downloaded the software from the first post (yes, the main article, the mega.co.nz, the zip)
2.- VERY IMPORTANT, SUPER IMPORTANT!! disable driver signature, this is done by searching in google how to do it( you need to restart your computer in advance mood and disable 'drivers signature(this is for windows 8.1 pro)) look it on google how to do this.
3.- all right, connect the xiaomi yi to your computer (with battery and the micro sd on it)
5.- execute 'setup.exe' and follow the instructions in chinese... yes it's intuictuive. (this is the Xioami yi main program)( you will notice that in the folder there is a 'guide.pptx' you can follow it, but here its more explained.)
7.- all right, look for a 'Firmware Programing' button an click on it, it dosen't make anything.

8.-THIS IT'S THE DIFICULT PART, return to your xaiomi yi, and try to make the short-circuit described in other posts on in the 'guide.pptx' from the zip, yes i know it's very deficult, i tried for hours, but it really works.

i noticed if you touch the orange cable, the resistor, the Ground point, and then you press the power button the 3 lights will turn on, i don't kwow if this was only in my case. well try it, really, try it!! try to touch the the resistor from diferent angles, try to press hard the resistor with the ground and CHECK IF THE YELLOW CABLE IT'S CONECTED ABOVE THE LENS(IT'S "MEMBRANE" CABLE) so be carefull and check it, scrape the resistor from the metal part (the part that its showed in the 'guide.pptx') maybe the metal part has a non-conductor material and you need to scrape it a little... maybe this its the difficult part.

so 8.1: connect the xiaomi with battery and micro sd on it, short-circuit the two points with a clip or a metal, described in the 'guide.pptx' and press the power button.

if you do right this step, a pop up window will show that it recognize a new device.

9. open 'control panel' in the PC and click on 'device manager' there you will see an strange device, right click on it and select 'update driver' -> manual upadte and here you need to go where you installed the 'Xiaomi yi' program. because there is a driver folder. once you look for it, it will show that the driver was successfully installed.

12.- select 'Firmware Programing' button and click on it, press the 'choose' button and look in the unziped folder your right file.

13.- click 'connect' button and the 'Status' indicator will say 'OK' and the command line will say 'Found 1 YDXJ Device!'

when it finished, it will say 'Done!' in the terminal/command line and wait for 5 minutes, don't touch the camera and the program, just wait.

turn on your xiaomi, it will start beeping, its normal and it will turn off again. i repeat its normal!!

once it turns off, turn it on again, and thats it, your xaiomi will came back yo life

Well that is all i wish that i helped you. any question i will try to respond. Good Luck :D

Hello
----------------------------------------------------------------------

hello gerardo ! :)

Could u help me to upload the software from the 1st post ? I can not download it in my country

Hello good day.
I try to make a short z23L but I can not. I wear a good time and do not get it.
Anyone know where to place the wires to get it?
Thank you.

Back