XIAOMI Yi ELF Files to Unbrick Camera

I've received my ver.22 camera and it was already bricked ( 3 red LEDs when turned on). i tried tis method, but when i connect camera to PC power buttor lights up with dissassembled front panel. Any ideas why?

yes, you need to follow this guide. you can check my thread in the page 10 to unbrick your Xiaomi, it's based on the main thread but more explained.

why soooo dificult to making a short sircuit :(
i'd try 2 days and i got nothing..
only once i got "A NEW DEVICE" and then my hand shaking and its disconect :(

i often get "USB device not recognizedd" zzz

if your PC already got that notice i mean "A New Device" notice, its mean your camera have connected with your PC.
after you hear "the sound", just press "Connect" button and your cam will light on. after that follow the next instructions.

if your PC still cant found your camera i mean "0" device found when u press the connect button, try to manually install the driver from my compuer -> properties -> device manager. u can find the driver inside Program Files->XiaoYi ->yiSportCamUSB->Driver

Hi, I tried to unbrick the cam a few times and first it seems to work but when I wanna take a photo or start recording the cam just beeps three times and nothing else happens, does anyone has an idea?

Hi, I tried to unbrick the cam a few times and first it seems to work but when I wanna take a photo or start recording the cam just beeps three times and nothing else happens, does anyone has an idea?

Try to format your microSD with your Yi Cam application, its will work after you format it.

I tried but its still not working. I ordered an other sd card, lets see if it will work with it ;)

hello, try to install a new firmware, download it from here: http://www.xiaoyi.com/update/sports then put it in the micro sd (remember the micro sd must be formatted in FAT32)

Hello good day.
I try to make a short z23L but I can not. I wear a good time and do not get it.
Anyone know where to place the wires to get it?
Thank you.

Hello the next week i will make a tutorial in youtube very explained, so if you want to keep track of it here is my channel 'Jerry21573'

if your PC already got that notice i mean "A New Device" notice, its mean your camera have connected with your PC.
after you hear "the sound", just press "Connect" button and your cam will light on. after that follow the next instructions.

if your PC still cant found your camera i mean "0" device found when u press the connect button, try to manually install the driver from my compuer -> properties -> device manager. u can find the driver inside Program Files->XiaoYi ->yiSportCamUSB->Driver

hhmm.. is it easy for u to make a short sircuit?? I usually got "USB device not recognizedd" when make short sircuit..

Good Morning. I'm also desperate.
I installed the drivers disabling driver signing of Windows 10, I connect the camera but when I short sound several beeps but does not connect. It is impossible. I have tried with and without battery, without sd .... And nothing.
Can someone help me out? Thank you.

One more thing. I think the decision that I make is that drivers do not install well. Does anyone know how I can check that they are properly installed? Or as I can install them manually?
Thank you.

One more thing. I think the decision that I make is that drivers do not install well. Does anyone know how I can check that they are properly installed? Or as I can install them manually?
Thank you.

i already answered you in another threat.

it sounds like a problem with your cable usb, make sure that the battery it's covered

hhmm.. is it easy for u to make a short sircuit?? I usually got "USB device not recognizedd" when make short sircuit..

when you hear your computer make a sound after u doing short, just release the button, after that check your device manager u will find unknown device and try to update the driver just like what i explain before,

when your computer sound after u doing short circuit , its mean your computer already connected with your cam, so u just need to update the driver

and after that open yicamUSB app, and press connect button, and your cam will light up

Who helps me short circuiting the Yi? I am trying for over 2 hours now, but nothing works. I tried with paperclip, with pincet and with wire in several positions, but no result! No Windows sound, no recognition of USB.

Maybe someone can post a detailed video? I am really frustrated by now :mad:

I think I am damaging the print by now. Please indicate where I need to put the paperclip exactly and what to do exactly in what order... The pictures in this thread and in the PPT are not helping me.
And is it necessary to have the battery in the Yi? And do I have to push the power button for a long time or just short?

Attachments

• Naamloos.jpg
    Naamloos.jpg
    477.2 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Update:

Still no result after almost 4 hours of trying. It seems not to be possible to short circuit the so my laptop will recognize the Yi as USB-device

- All three red LED's are burning when I push the power button
- The red circle is also burning when I have inserted the battery and connected the Yi with my laptop
- When I try to short circuit, I put the points of the paperclip at both points as shown in de PPT. After that, I push the powerbutton while holding the paperclip at its points. Nothing happens, only the 3 red LED's will flash on.

So, first of all, should I do this with battery inside the camera? (I already tried both - with battery in and out)

No one?

I think I have to bury my Yi then, R.I.P. :(

Update:

Still no result after almost 4 hours of trying. It seems not to be possible to short circuit the so my laptop will recognize the Yi as USB-device

- All three red LED's are burning when I push the power button
- The red circle is also burning when I have inserted the battery and connected the Yi with my laptop
- When I try to short circuit, I put the points of the paperclip at both points as shown in de PPT. After that, I push the powerbutton while holding the paperclip at its points. Nothing happens, only the 3 red LED's will flash on.

So, first of all, should I do this with battery inside the camera? (I already tried both - with battery in and out)

I also have the same problem, i tried maybe 50 times.. My computer detected it as usb device only 3 times for a few seconds than device disappeared. How do we enable directusb mode?

1. With out sd card
2. with or without battery?

Thanks in advance

Back