• Total voters

BRex

Reaction score
Country
Hungary
Dash Cam
Mini 903; Mini 906
I have NO GPS lock at all.

It is not about the interference. I have tried your suggestions, but unfortunately I didn`t have GPS at all.I have checked your thread.Thank you.I have tried with different cables also.With FW 20160416 (I have received the dash cam with it)I had some, but very inaccurate. With new FWs I don`t have GPS lock at all.I would like to collect the users GPS issues in one place/thread to help

Last edited:
Still no gps.

Here are some quality issues
2016-04-23 14_13_20-NanoQ_GPS_Lock_Mech.01.jpg 2016-04-23 14_14_18-NanoQ_GPS_Lock_Mech.02.jpg 2016-04-23 14_15_26-NanoQ_GPS_Lock_Mech.03.jpg 2016-04-23 14_16_04-NanoQ_GPS_Lock_Mech.04.jpg After the polishing: 2016-04-23 14_16_04-NanoQ_GPS_Lock_Mech.06.jpg

Was the gps housing that bad when u received it? That's bad QC to let that slip. My gps unit looks decent, nocracks nor nicks. I'm speculating the contact areas (not making good contact is essential for strong signal).

Still no gps.

sorry guys we found the GPS signal receiving is 10db lower than it need, in the cameras we tested in lab.
the conductive interference which use charger cable as antanna made this happen.
yes the GPS can lock but the signal is weak so may lose connection at some area or some condition.
we are improving this and will update the further test results.

Hi,
I have GPS signal but the location is wrong. Showing me in The Netherlands when I'm in London. Doesn't it affect the way it shows the speed data too? If they are going to correct the GPS module will we have an update version of it? or should I just send the unit back and ask for refund????

Hi,
I have GPS signal but the location is wrong. Showing me in The Netherlands when I'm in London. Doesn't it affect the way it shows the speed data too? If they are going to correct the GPS module will we have an update version of it? or should I just send the unit back and ask for refund????

Or more possible - from my point of view - the GPS receiver can not catch enough satellites. As known, more satellites=more accuracy. The minimum for the determination of the location is FOUR satellites. The GPS receiver needs it for the trilateration.
Trilateration.gif

More info https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trilateration and http://giscommons.org/chapter-2-input/(the picture is from here)

Last edited:
How to upgrade the GPS firmware on the 903 ????
GPS Firmware does not exist.
You have Firmware for NanoQ (Mini 903) only...
lacibaci has published the link

1.)
I`ve formatted it to FAT32 with default Cluster Size, Type as Primary Partition
2.)
I`ve unpacked the mini0903-20160329-test20M.7z
3.)
From unpacked mini0903-20160329-test20M.7z, I`ve copied the FIRMWARE.bin to the MicroSD
4.)
I`ve put back the MicroSD to the Dash Cam
5.)
I Switched Off and On the Dash Cam. And voilà: It has upgraded automatically!

After the upgrading, you should delete this Firmware.bin file from the MicroSD (connected Dash Cam to PC as Storage or from the card reader) to avoid the upgrading loop.(UPDATE: The new Firmware - the Dashcam will delete itself this .bin file.)

Yep, me too, had nothing over a 26K journey and then oddly it suddenly worked on the journey back home.
Then on the following morning dead again! I guess its not a morning GPS.
I did notice that the time had shifted about half hour in advance on time stamp???! So I adjusted that but no joy. So I'm suspecting its buggy firmware that's useless in the southern hemisphere??

Yep, me too, had nothing over a 26K journey and then oddly it suddenly worked on the journey back home.
Then on the following morning dead again! I guess its not a morning GPS.
I did notice that the time had shifted about half hour in advance on time stamp???! So I adjusted that but no joy. So I'm suspecting its buggy firmware that's useless in the southern hemisphere??
It's a bug in the firmware. You have to find the "right" time zone. My normal time zone is -5 but for this camera I had to set it to -2.

Back