Do you have GPS issues? Post it here!

Do you have GPS issues?

• Yes

Votes: 15 88.2%
  • No

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters
It's a bug in the firmware. You have to find the "right" time zone. My normal time zone is -5 but for this camera I had to set it to -2.
Thanks lacibaci, I'll give anything a go. Cheers :)

most manufacturers are unaware of the SA timezone and don't cater for it in their firmware
awesome...but then again, I can dial up +9.30, still not good enough? anyhow I'll fiddle around offsetting TZ and hope for the best.

Make sure you have a GPS lock, then go to settings and keep changing TZ until you get the right time. :)
Getting a GPS lock might be tricky, it'll be easier to lasso a satellite. So I might try +0900 instead of +09.30 then for starters. I might sacrifice a small chook for good measure...

Getting a GPS lock might be tricky, it'll be easier to lasso a satellite. So I might try +0900 instead of +09.30 then for starters. I might sacrifice a small chook for good measure...
That's the trick. You have to get the lock first, otherwise it will mess up your time when it does get it.

That's the trick. You have to get the lock first, otherwise it will mess up your time when it does get it.
Hey! almost exactly what happened. Got no lock but I offset local TZ to +6.30 the night before. Next morning, no lock but noticed time was way off, eg 04.30 instead of 08.00 or so and if I adjust time it would revert. Anyway, I finally get a GPS lock!!! so I re-adjusted TZ to correct +09.30, slaughtered yet another chicken to the god of technical mysteries and dodgy firmware and checked local time...good and finally killed the power and walked into work fully secure in the fact that it'll not be working this afternoon.
The breaks I fear. Here endth the experiment.
Amen.

Yep, me too, had nothing over a 26K journey and then oddly it suddenly worked on the journey back home.
Then on the following morning dead again! I guess its not a morning GPS.
I did notice that the time had shifted about half hour in advance on time stamp???! So I adjusted that but no joy. So I'm suspecting its buggy firmware that's useless in the southern hemisphere??

I was finding that the GPS only worked occasionally (most often, was not) on one of my two nanoQ mini903 units. Looking at both, I found that I had the power lead connected directly to the camera body on the unit not working well, whereas the working one was connected to one of the antenna slots. By moving power to an antenna outlet on the second unit, I was now able to get a "lock" on a consistent basis - maybe this cable acts as a ground plane for the GPS antenna and needs to be closer to the GPS antenna for best results?

I was finding that the GPS only worked occasionally (most often, was not) on one of my two nanoQ mini903 units. Looking at both, I found that I had the power lead connected directly to the camera body on the unit not working well, whereas the working one was connected to one of the antenna slots. By moving power to an antenna outlet on the second unit, I was now able to get a "lock" on a consistent basis - maybe this cable acts as a ground plane for the GPS antenna and needs to be closer to the GPS antenna for best results?
Howdy, I had carefully inspected the connectors etc and found them to be sound and secure so in the end I just gave up. HOWEVER since then I find that if you drive for long enough, you eventually do get a lock but its never quick.
UPDATE: Since moving into daylight savings (october) I haven't advanced time on the GPS unit to match but the GPS is getting a lock much faster than before.. I therefore hypothesize that its a firmware bug.
Cheers Y'all
g

I all but gave up as far as GPS goes on this model. It's too bad because the actual image (video) quality is actually very good.
I am running it together with the acclaimed SG9665GC and have a hard time deciding which has better quality recording.

Back