Review: Mini 0902 Wi-Fi Dashcam with GPS - A7LA55 & 0V4689 (Gearbest.com)

What is your code change for 18?
I tested the camera in 2304x1296@30 25Mbit VBR mode. I got 20.1Mbit average bit rate. Camera worked stable.
I think 25 Mbit average bit rate is normal for high speed SD card.

For 18Mbit CBR you can use following script:
Code:
################
# 2560x1080@30 #
################
# Set 18Mbit
writew 0xC05E89EE 0x4190

# Set Variable bitrate
#writeb 0xC05E89E8 0x03

# Set Constant bitrate
writeb 0xC05E89E8 0x01

################
# 2304x1296@30 #
################
# Set 18Mbit
writew 0xC05E8A1E 0x4190

# Set Variable bitrate
#writeb 0xC05E8A18 0x03

# Set Constant bitrate
writeb 0xC05E8A18 0x01

I tested the camera in 2304x1296@30 25Mbit VBR mode. I got 20.1Mbit average bit rate. Camera worked stable.
I think 25 Mbit average bit rate is normal for high speed SD card.

For 18Mbit CBR you can use following script:
Code:
################
# 2560x1080@30 #
################
# Set 18Mbit
writew 0xC05E89EE 0x4190

# Set Variable bitrate
#writeb 0xC05E89E8 0x03

# Set Constant bitrate
writeb 0xC05E89E8 0x01

################
# 2304x1296@30 #
################
# Set 18Mbit
writew 0xC05E8A1E 0x4190

# Set Variable bitrate
#writeb 0xC05E8A18 0x03

# Set Constant bitrate
writeb 0xC05E8A18 0x01
Thanks.
I'm not worried about write speed but heat issue in the summer.

@dps thanks your script again. In my first test result of VBR is 16mbps. It's fantastic :)

How can I control the fw version of dashcam?

I found a small hack. I chose the mode 2560x1080 using the program linkinEyes. The camera began to record video with high bit-rate (18Mbit)

i cant get it to work on linkineyes.
i can view files and enter the settings menu, but when i try to adjust something by clicking the setting, it does nothing... (ios, will try android later)

Last edited:
i cant get it to work on linkineyes.
i can view files and enter the settings menu, but when i try to adjust something by clicking the setting, it does nothing... (ios, will try android later)
You have to stop recording by pressing the red camera button at the bottom center of the screen on your iOS or Android device before you can make adjustments. iOS works but is not as user friendly and does not offer the same number of user settings as Android.

The biggest problem I have with the Mini 0902 is that it loses focus as the camera warms up. And this is true when used with the original version 1.2.2 firmware, moded higher bit rate firmware and also when using LinkinEyes to configure . Does not matter. The image starts to blur after 10 minutes or so in summer-like temperatures here in Southern California.

Hi,

Where can I get the 1.2.2. firmware?
Is possible to backup the current firmware without disassembling?

Is it possible to keep the resolution, but reduce the FPS? I'm a bit concerned that it will melt in the summer.
Right now it's peeking at 45C when it's 15C in the car!

/Carbob

WiFi module in DVR is pretty hot.
I wrote a script to turn off WiFi power (https://www.dropbox.com/s/qlsgyqhyogchb5z/autoexec.zip?dl=0).
The script turns off WiFi after 2 minutes after turning on the camera or in 2-3 minutes after disconnecting the phone.

The content of the archive should be put in the root of the SD card.
This should be useful if turning wifi off decreases temperature by a significant margin.
Have you tested temperature difference with wifi off after driving a while?

WiFi module in DVR is pretty hot. I wrote a script to turn off WiFi power
The script turns off WiFi after 2 minutes after turning on the camera or in 2-3 minutes after disconnecting the phone.

dps, I am running your scrip and it is AMAZING. After 10 minutes of driving the camera feels cold to the touch, almost as if it was powered off. Night time video performance at higher bit rates is fantastic too.
I will post again tomorrow to let you know how it does on my 150 mile round trip commute. I can't wait to see stable focus video from beginning to end.

Thanks again for continuing to plug at this. BTW, when I power off the car I now hear a secondary short burst of chimes about 20 seconds after the first. I confirmed the camera is already powered off when this happens. Any thought on how to eliminate?
Don't worry if you cannot come up with an answer. I am perfectly happy with the script as is.

Turning off WiFi also removes the temptation to look at the camera video while driving, which is a distraction much like texting and driving.... Guilty on both counts.

excellent contributions we are sharing with everyone, I hope to soon have my mini 0902 and to prove it, good day to all :p

BTW, when I power off the car I now hear a secondary short burst of chimes about 20 seconds after the first. I confirmed the camera is already powered off when this happens. Any thought on how to eliminate?
I think that this is connected with the enable "Parking Gsensor" mode differ than "Close"

Last edited:
I prepared a script to control the recording bit rate.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tjf0govicj4chdm/autoexec.ash?dl=0
File "autoexec.ash" must be copied to the root of the SD card.
Trying this all now. Ran the firmware file in past posts. My camera blinked blue fast for maybe 2 mins and then rebooted so hopefully it flashed correctly. I then added the script stuff to my root to hopefully raise the bitrate and turn off the WiFi. Hope I did everything correctly. I have been using this as a rear cam and it has worked okay. Looking forward to the higher rate and lower temp.
Thanks for all your work.
@Sunny thanks for pointing out LE been using it with the 0902 working good so far.

EDIT
WiFi seems to be off now. Nice
From the lack of communication it seems @Joy may have moved on to bigger and better things.
Her and I have been a bit busy. It seems the Mini 0807 (at least the one I have been testing) has quite a few issues. Trying to get them figured out.

Last edited:
Good to hear I'm not the only one suffering with this device. I thought i had a buggy unit but i THINK the current FW is just incredibly buggy, to the point the device is unusable (maybe the scripts on this thread will help, will test and report back)

Was just to post in my thread. Glad you found this one.
I have had mine running on my desk since my initial post about an hour ago. It is a little warm, but nothing like before. I just checked again now and WiFi is still off.

Got my new MINI 0902 last week and it has been working OK using 2560x1080p. I have used LinkinEyes to set resolution 2560x1080p and the bit-rate is now 18Mbit.
Before trying out any scripts or firmware versions I would like to create a firmware backup.
How to do that? Or how to get the factory firmware version 1.2.2 file?

Got my new MINI 0902 last week and it has been working OK using 2560x1080p. I have used LinkinEyes to set resolution 2560x1080p and the bit-rate is now 18Mbit.
Before trying out any scripts or firmware versions I would like to create a firmware backup.
How to do that? Or how to get the factory firmware version 1.2.2 file?
PM me your email address an I will send you the factory firmware

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Mini 0902 1
S Mini 0902 3
CheckYourLights Mini 0902 14
Back