Review: Mini 0902 Wi-Fi Dashcam with GPS - A7LA55 & 0V4689 (Gearbest.com)

I found a small hack. I chose the mode 2560x1080 using the program linkinEyes. The camera began to record video with high bit-rate (18Mbit)

The issue of more than one settings not working is due to wifi, at least from my tests.
I tested it many times and if I take long time to change settings, wifi connection is lost and it fails to connect, that means no settings can be changed.
I changed 3 settings, resolution, loop and sensitivity real fast and it saved all without issue.
Looks like there is timeout on wifi and once it disconnects, you have to wait for wifi to come back or unplug and plug back in.

However, it always asks to sync time and resolution also resets back in settings even though the camera is recording at the set resolution.
Confusing to say at the least.

Screenshot_2016-04-15-10-27-41.png

I found a small hack. I chose the mode 2560x1080 using the program linkinEyes. The camera began to record video with high bit-rate (18Mbit)
Hmm... how does that work?
I'll try high bit rate.

@Joy has not been responding as of late.
I had the same issue and GearBest was kind enough to send me the firmware. PM me and I will send it to you
Can you send me new firmware update please?

I do not know how to PM my email to you, could you pls kindly explain how to PM you?

Has anyone found a way to turn off small video file generation? Seems like a waste of resources.

the small video files are for the wifi preview
I wish the small files were saved only when wifi preview was being used.
Any idea when a new firmware version with some much needed performance improvements will be released?

I wish the small files were saved only when wifi preview was being used.

how would the camera know which files you might want to look at though?

Any idea when a new firmware version with some much needed performance improvements will be released?

no idea

it's too hot with 6 Mbs. Don't try 18 Mbs, too dangerous :)

Also how can I update the fw?
For the firmware it is necessary to rename the firmware file to "firmware.bin" and copy it to formatted empty SD card. It is better to use a card formatted for FAT32. Insert the card into the camera and turn it on. Camera will restart after the firmware update.

A few days tested the camera at home.
The modified firmware works well. The camera will not become stronger bask by increasing the bitrate, as here someone was afraid. The test video can be downloaded here https://www.dropbox.com/s/ikvmtx9e4a2zea0/20160418190900.MP4?dl=0
Dps, thank you for the video. I will review it later today when I get home.

I have all but given up on the Mini 0902. I had high hopes for it but video quality is atrocious. For now It is going in my pile of junk. I'm moving on

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Mini 0902 1
S Mini 0902 3
CheckYourLights Mini 0902 14
Back