DR650GW-2CH

Hello. Is it possible to use the dr750 rear camera to a dr650 set up?
Being as it seems you have one.. try it and let us know how it turns out. Off hand.. I would guess NO

Hi all,
after reading this very informative thread I am suddenly doubtful regarding investing in this setup.
this things I need are
  1. Good quality in both ends (enough to read number plates and se details on the car)
  2. ok night/evening quality
  3. the ability to show or not show gps/speed data
  4. a motion censor
so would you reccomend the latest version of this setup or should I buy to single cameras and set one en each end?

I had the same problem and wanted a good quality front & rear + a small size.

Happy that Lukas/ QVIA have a new product in their assortment:

Just bought 2 x QVIA (Lukas) T790.

I had the same problem and wanted a good quality front & rear + a small size.

Happy that Lukas/ QVIA have a new product in their assortment:

Just bought 2 x QVIA (Lukas) T790.
so how is it compared to this set?

Will receive it end of next week.

But the specs are different to the Blackvue: for example 1080 front + 1080 rear (vs. 1080/720 for the blackvue) [emoji106][emoji41]

Usually the quality of the videos is also much better with Lukas than with Blackvue.

Last edited:
Hi all,
after reading this very informative thread I am suddenly doubtful regarding investing in this setup.
this things I need are
  1. Good quality in both ends (enough to read number plates and se details on the car)
  2. ok night/evening quality
  3. the ability to show or not show gps/speed data
  4. a motion censor
so would you reccomend the latest version of this setup or should I buy to single cameras and set one en each end?

That was exactly what I was after (as well as a small inconspicuous form) and decided on the Blackvue DR650 1Ch (I did not care about the back). Once purchased and using it for a while one soon gets "buyers remorse". Those "features" do not quite live up to the expectations... But having said that there is no other brand that I wish I would have purchased.. I live in hope that the various firmware upgrades will make the features better.. Or.. get sucked in to purchasing the next model which no doubt will advertise even more... and again fail to deliver

To be fair, mine's be working great for months & no issues with it really BUT I'm on firmware 1.009 so half decent bitrate & using a Cellink B - records loads in parking mode but no real issue

I've had mine now for several months and had no problems good video quality can't fault it and it has the same firmware it was bought with

interesting with the different reviews
Will receive it end of next week.

But the specs are different to the Blackvue: for example 1080 front + 1080 rear (vs. 1080/720 for the blackvue) [emoji106][emoji41]

Usually the quality of the videos is also much better with Lukas than with Blackvue.

in other words you have not made a comparison IRL, but made a decision based on the manufactures spec or?

interesting with the different reviews

in other words you have not made a comparison IRL, but made a decision based on the manufactures spec or?

Yes indeed.

There are a few Lukas and QVIA on the market that you can compare also with Backvue etc...but the QVIA T790 just hit the market. I suppose I could be one of the first to give you a review. However you will have to wait for a comparison with a blackvue for other sources as I don't have a Blackvue.

I wanted the look of the Blackview DR650 but the quality of the Lukas. We will see....

http://shop.lukasdirect.com/t790

94c02618d527338fe4063bf6bbe1415d.jpg

As it is however a 1CH I bought 2 of these as a front+rear set [emoji6]

Last edited:
Yes indeed.

There are a few Lukas and QVIA on the market that you can compare also with Backvue etc...but the QVIA T790 just hit the market. I suppose I could be one of the first to give you a review. However you will have to wait for a comparison with a blackvue for other sources as I don't have a Blackvue.

I wanted the look of the Blackview DR650 but the quality of the Lukas. We will see....

http://shop.lukasdirect.com/t790

94c02618d527338fe4063bf6bbe1415d.jpg

As it is however a 1CH I bought 2 of these as a front+rear set [emoji6]
I would love to see the review of QVIA T790. Any first impressions??

First impression is very good! [emoji4]

The QVIA T790 is as discret as the Blackvue and they have full hd.

But as they are 1CH I installed 2 x T790 (front & back). So full HD for the front & the rear.

Installing was very easy. Actually less wires than a 2CH. Both connected to ACC cigarette lighter wires.

There is a QVIA iOS app which I use for all the settings etc...works fine.

The video quality is very good (set to the highest quality and 30fps)

MicroSD up to 512GB I think.

I have not tested the motion detector as I don't use the parking mode.

Thanks for your reply. It looks like all the shops around here are pushing Blackvue. I don't want it. But just wanna hear reviews before getting QVIA t790. ... Btw is it easy to detach it ? I think I will still need to hide it sometimes in some parts of town even though I am planning to use parking mode in most places. I got broken in to my car once because I left radar detector in. Car was 3 days old. Broken window , scratched door and leather seat ..... Complete clu.....ck

There are two attachment types with it: one permanent and one removable (like the one of the Lukas as QVIA is Lukas)

Thanks for your reply. It looks like all the shops around here are pushing Blackvue. I don't want it. But just wanna hear reviews before getting QVIA t790. ... Btw is it easy to detach it ? I think I will still need to hide it sometimes in some parts of town even though I am planning to use parking mode in most places. I got broken in to my car once because I left radar detector in. Car was 3 days old. Broken window , scratched door and leather seat ..... Complete clu.....ck

Besides Blackvue, my 2nd choice would be the Thinkware dash cam.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00VA5S9PW

So you think QVIA is lacking quality or something else vs Thinkware? I had a quick look at those referenced by you:
F770 - larger unit, which I want to avoid. It also features lane departure etc which I have in my cars...
F50 - you need extra equipment for parking mode ... I am in Canada so temperatures are low (-30 C sometime) and Thinkware shows -10 c.
Honestly QVIA t790 looks like it has it all right, but may be I don't know some major issues with QVIA/Lukas cameras?????? Please share

In many review you see that one of the best video quality is Lukas.

I just did not like the size of the Lukas.

Having QVIA as their high end brandand with the small size like the Blackvue was the best! Much better to me than Blackvue or Thinkware. The firmware of the Lukas is never a problem like Blackvue or Thinkware.

Back