SGGCCPL Circular Polarizing ( CPL ) Lens Filter for Street Guardian SG9665GC

Incoming USA CPL status:

2016-08-11 16:40,Departed USPS Facility, LOS ANGELES, CA 90009,Your item departed our USPS facility in LOS ANGELES, CA 90009 on August 11, 2016 at 4:40 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

2016-08-11 16:40,Inbound Out of Customs,

2016-08-11 12:47,Arrived at USPS Facility, LOS ANGELES, CA 90009

2016-08-11 12:47,Inbound Into Customs,

2016-08-10 16:13,Processed Through Facility, ISC LOS ANGELES CA (USPS)

Last edited:
OK, so the SGGCCPL has shown up in Amazon's warehouse, but it's only enabled for domestic shipping within the US. Can you please change this setting? I really want to order it!

Screenshot:
T07Rafl.png

why not just get it now? get it a week earlier.
Customs brokerage. Importing a $40 item could end up costing $100 after customs brokerage. But Amazon.com has an extremely good logistics solution where most of these costs are avoided.
So that is why I waited until the item was fulfilled from Amazon's warehouse

Last edited:
Unknown. I haven't had a chance to investigate yet I'll look soon and open a support ticket asking for advice if needed.
What???? I have been waiting over a week to see if the DVR SG9665GC will show up on Amazon.CA Canada PLEASEEEE tell me if I should stop waiting and buy my 2nd choice (A119)

Last edited:
OK, so the SGGCCPL has shown up in Amazon's warehouse, but it's only enabled for domestic shipping within the US. Can you please change this setting? I really want to order it!

Screenshot:

Customs brokerage. Importing a $40 item could end up costing $100 after customs brokerage. But Amazon.com has an extremely good logistics solution where most of these costs are avoided.
So that is why I waited until the item was fulfilled from Amazon's warehouse

We've never had enough SGGCCPL stock to ship to Amazon.ca yet for prime sale there. (sorry was on TapaTalk app didn't realize you were in Canada) The listing you're showing is Amazon.com I was told Amazon.com prime doesn't fulfill International orders. (Domestic only, has that changed recently? I'll look) This is why we have two SKU's/Listings per product. Click the "New from" to see the alternative non prime offering for the SGGCCPL. We only have a few pieces left in Nevada already. We pay all duty and taxes as we have a special dual UPS account. You won't be charged any extra at all so not to worry if ordering direct.

84c012693b6c9ece8c473b338d7a304c.jpg

122a098ffb96b13a43f932c5f4867a83.jpg

Last edited:
What???? I have been waiting over a week to see if the DVR SG9665GC will show up on Amazon.CA Canada PLEASEEEE tell me if I should stop waiting

See my last post above explaining prime fulfilled by Amazon.com (prime) Fulfilled by Pier28 and how to order direct on Amazon.com for now. (You won't be charged duty/taxes) We only have 10 SG9665GC pieces left in Nevada as of today. New stock is en route from the factory as we speak. It will take some time to ship more to Amazon.ca for prime sale. (We don't have a non prime GC listing in Amazon.ca currently). Again please use Amazon.com in the short term (non prime option) or direct through Our Pier28 site. You won't be charged any duty or taxes.

What???? I have been waiting over a week to see if the DVR SG9665GC will show up on Amazon.CA Canada PLEASEEEE tell me if I should stop waiting and buy my 2nd choice (A119)

The SG9665GC was in stock in Amazon.ca warehouses not 2 weeks ago, but it sold out again.

See my last post above explaining prime fulfilled by Amazon.com (prime) Fulfilled by Pier28 and how to order direct on Amazon.com for now. (You won't be charged duty/taxes) We only have 10 SG9665GC pieces left in Nevada as of today. New stock is en route from the factory as we speak. It will take some time to ship more to Amazon.ca for prime sale. (We don't have a non prime GC listing in Amazon.ca currently). Again please use Amazon.com in the short term (non prime option) or direct through Our Pier28 site. You won't be charged any duty or taxes.

Considering that you're saying Pier28's fulfillment is customs-integrated, I am going to take the risk and order it from your warehouse. Considering that the $43 filter costs another $18 to ship, this all-in price of US$61 is over 25% the cost of the entire camera! I have had some very expensive UPS brokerage bills in the past (such as $35 for a $0 warranty replacement,) so hopefully this will not repeat.

It is also interesting to note that Pier28 allows SOME items to be fulfilled internationally from Amazon's warehouse. (Screenshots below.)

The main thing I want you to know here is that while Prime advertises "free" and "lightning-fast" shipping, those aspects are *not* the reason why international customers prefer fulfillment from Amazon's warehouse.

- Amazon.com's shipping will definitely be less than $18
- It also allows people to combine many other items into 1 order, to reduce the average shipping cost
- Also many friends / family get together in 1 order to share the shipping cost of US-only products
- Amazon.com also is proven to have a "no-surprises" brokerage solution that will avoid nasty brokerage surprises. (Otherwise, you sometimes receive a nasty brokerage bill in the mail, 3 months later.)

So please don't dismiss the possibility that allowing international fulfillment through Amazon.com will open you up to a much greater pool of customers.

Please see the following screenshots, showing Pier28 items that are permitted to ship from Amazon.com (US) warehouses into Canada:

tvC16Dx.png

Last edited:
It is also interesting to note that Pier28 allows SOME items to be fulfilled internationally from Amazon's warehouse. (Screenshots below.)

The main thing I want you to know here is that while Prime advertises "free" and "lightning-fast" shipping, those aspects are *not* the reason why international customers prefer fulfillment from Amazon's warehouse.

- Amazon.com's shipping will definitely be less than $18
- It also allows people to combine many other items into 1 order, to reduce the average shipping cost
- Also many friends / family get together in 1 order to share the shipping cost of US-only products
- Amazon.com also is proven to have a "no-surprises" brokerage solution that will avoid nasty brokerage surprises. (Otherwise, you sometimes receive a nasty brokerage bill in the mail, 3 months later.)

So please be open to the fast that allowing international fulfillment through Amazon.com opens you up to a much greater pool of customers.

Please see the following screenshots, showing Pier28 items that are permitted to ship from Amazon.com (US) warehouses into Canada:

tvC16Dx.png

I'm a bit confused how this is supposed to work poking around so I just opened up a support ticket with Amazon Seller Central so they can guide me into making this work the best way for Canadian customers (thanks for the details)

I'm a bit confused how this is supposed to work poking around so I just opened up a support ticket with Amazon Seller Central so they can guide me into making this work the best way for Canadian customers (thanks for the details)
Thank you. If you find out how it works, please post the steps required so I can send the info to other companies.

This problem is very very common and extremely frustrating!! :confused:

Thank you. If you find out how it works, please post the steps required so I can send the info to other companies.

This problem is very very common and extremely frustrating!! :confused:
Also you are aware that if we order the DVR SG from Amazone.CA an item from Pier28 the price is $269.95 and that's the final price. If u notice there is no HST added to it. No taxes what so ever. The only diff in price is Canada vs. USA is the money exchange. Now if we order from the USA amazon when it crosses the border, Canada customs may add the HST on demand when delivered. That can be $35. I don't think Pier28 has control over the HST and then there is the delivery charge which I can avoid if bought through Amazon .CA Can't get free delivery from Amazon.COM as verified by a customer agent at .com I WOULD BE THE FIRST ONE TO BUY THROUGH AMAZON.COM IF THE *FINAL AMOUNT* WAS GUARANTEED TO BE ONLY $269.95 SAME AS CANADA

Last edited:
Also you are aware that if we order the DVR SG from Amazone.CA an item from Pier28 the price is $269.95 and that's the final price. If u notice there is no HST added to it. No taxes what so ever.
Yes. I ordered my own SG9665GC from amazon.ca.

The reason for this is that it is a US seller shipping out of a warehouse in Canada, so the sales tax does not apply but you still get free shipping. This is like an amazing gift from Heaven! Please, keep quiet about this, as government agents read forums like this and if this loophole becomes too well known, the government will find a way to close it.

Now if we order from the USA amazon when it crosses the border, Canada customs may add the HST on demand when delivered. That can be $35. I don't think Pier28 has control over the HST and then there is the delivery charge which I can avoid if bought through Amazon .CA Can't get free delivery from Amazon.COM as verified by a customer agent at .com I WOULD BE THE FIRST ONE TO BUY THROUGH AMAZON.COM IF THE *FINAL AMOUNT* WAS GUARANTEED TO BE ONLY $269.95 SAME AS CANADA
Careful here. This is a common misconception.

If an item is fulfilled from an amazon.com (US) warehouse then you can be sure that there will be NO brokerage/duty/tax surprises on delivery, because amazon.com has done the work to integrate all of these charges upfront.

So if you want to buy the SG9665GC from Amazon.com, please wait until Pier28 ships them more stock. The listing will say "fulfilled by Amazon" and you can be 100% sure that there will be no border surprise. Believe me, I have made dozens of orders fulfilled by Amazon (US) and all charges are upfront.

If an item is fulfilled from some other company (such as Pier28), then it can be a mixed bag. Amazon.com seller rules require all of these charges to be accounted for up front with no charges on delivery. But there are thousands of 3rd party sellers that ship from their own warehouses, and there is no way to know if any particular seller will ship you a border/tax surprise.

That said, if Pier28 has actually done the work to integrate the duty and taxation into their shipping/brokerage paperwork, then their shipments may indeed show up without additional charges. I will report back on this.

Yes. I ordered my own SG9665GC from amazon.ca.

The reason for this is that it is a US seller shipping out of a warehouse in Canada, so the sales tax does not apply but you still get free shipping. This is like an amazing gift from Heaven! Please, keep quiet about this, as government agents read forums like this and if this loophole becomes too well known, the government will find a way to close it.

Careful here. This is a common misconception.

If an item is fulfilled from an amazon.com (US) warehouse then you can be sure that there will be NO brokerage/duty/tax surprises on delivery, because amazon.com has done the work to integrate all of these charges upfront.

So if you want to buy the SG9665GC from Amazon.com, please wait until Pier28 ships them more stock. The listing will say "fulfilled by Amazon" and you can be 100% sure that there will be no border surprise. Believe me, I have made dozens of orders fulfilled by Amazon (US) and all charges are upfront.

If an item is fulfilled from some other company (such as Pier28), then it can be a mixed bag. Amazon.com seller rules require all of these charges to be accounted for up front with no charges on delivery. But there are thousands of 3rd party sellers that ship from their own warehouses, and there is no way to know if any particular seller will ship you a border/tax surprise.

That said, if Pier28 has actually done the work to integrate the duty and taxation into their shipping/brokerage paperwork, then their shipments may indeed show up without additional charges. I will report back on this.
But how did it work out with the HST because when it crosses the Canadian border the Canadian customs may add HST 13% when delivered.

But how did it work out with the HST because when it crosses the Canadian border the Canadian customs may add HST 13% when delivered.
If HST sales tax or anything else applies, then you can be 100% sure that items fulfilled by Amazon (US) will have the HST added in the final cart before you confirm the order.
For some items, they don't add it. I don't know why. But I can guarantee you through dozens of orders fulfilled by Amazon (US) going back to 2004, everything was included upfront with no border surprises.

If HST sales tax or anything else applies, then you can be 100% sure that items fulfilled by Amazon (US) will have the HST added in the final cart before you confirm the order.
For some items, they don't add it. I don't know why. But I can guarantee you through dozens of orders fulfilled by Amazon (US) going back to 2004, everything was included upfront with no border surprises.
Thank you for taking time to help me out

geeez, governments are cash hungry and robbing bastards. I thought Australia were bad, don't let on that your government adds these import taxes, then we will get stung with them down under.

Back