SGGCCPL Circular Polarizing ( CPL ) Lens Filter for Street Guardian SG9665GC

geeez, governments are cash hungry and robbing bastards. I thought Australia were bad, don't let on that your government adds these import taxes, then we will get stung with them down under.

we get it very easy compared to some countries

geeez, governments are cash hungry and robbing bastards. I thought Australia were bad, don't let on that your government adds these import taxes, then we will get stung with them down under.
LOL

That said, if Pier28 has actually done the work to integrate the duty and taxation into their shipping/brokerage paperwork, then their shipments may indeed show up without additional charges. I will report back on this.

OK. I received my SGGCCPL in Toronto.

Firstly, the shipping from Pier28 was incredibly fast. I still ordered through the amazon.com (US) store, fulfilled by Pier28, and the estimated delivery time was 6-12 business days. Actual time was 2 business days.

Secondly, there was no brokerage / duty / tax surprise on delivery.
Will I eventually receive a bill in the mail? Probably not. Pier28 used UPS and they take their money upfront, whereas DHL / Fedex will hit you with a bill 3 months later.

Verdict #1: Is it "safe" for Canadians to order directly from Pier28 without fear of a brokerage / duty / tax surprise? Probably yes. (If I ever receive a bill in the mail, I'll update his post.)

Verdict #2: Is fulfillment from the Amazon (US/CAN) warehouse still preferable? Definitely yes.

Now that I've gotten my hands on this very expensive and very small filter, after so much consternation, I almost feel like Boromir from Lord of the Rings.

Image:
cKyev5i.jpg

Source of image above:

Good advertising idea.
Well being concerned with cross border added expenses (before you posted ur experience) I did buy through Amazon.CA from the Seller "Enjoy Gadgets" who is located in Canada. I bought the A119 thru this Seller because at the time the A119 was always out of stock with the USA companies on Amazon Ca. The response to all my inquiries were returned very fast and this Seller answered in depth to all my questions. I also heard from some of my friends that the after customer service is great. And also one day delivery from BC to Toronto which for me was perfect as it was a gift to give someone and it will arrive just in time.

So reviewing my first SGGCCPL footage, it looks like that spot of glue in the lens is covering a tiny bit of the optical area. You can see the shadow in the top left of the below screengrab.

I'm just going to flip the lens 180degrees so the shadow will be over the dash. Only slightly annoying but it is a bit disappointing for something that is so expensive.

Image:
O6Z6KxA.png

Last edited:
filter might not be seated 100%??

filter might not be seated 100%??
Maybe. Visually I can see the glue oozed onto the lens a little bit and it does correspond to the location of the shadow. I'm going to re-install it all again and give it another shot.

Photo:
29084986746_abae75f0bc_c.jpg

Last edited:
oh, just scrape it off gently.

I'd see if you can scrape it off gently, you did have it on upside down though anyway, the larger cutout goes toward the top

Hey jokiin - where's the best/cheapest place to get a CPL in Australia for the SG9665GC V2?

Found a few overseas, but they're crazy expensive.

Hey jokiin - where's the best/cheapest place to get a CPL in Australia for the SG9665GC V2?

Found a few overseas, but they're crazy expensive.

they're crazy expensive everywhere, it's not a price gouge, they just cost us too much, when we sell them in Australia we actually lose on the sale if they're sent anywhere other than Sydney metro, we'll have them available again October 20th

they're crazy expensive everywhere, it's not a price gouge, they just cost us too much, when we sell them in Australia we actually lose on the sale if they're sent anywhere other than Sydney metro, we'll have them available again October 20th

Ahh, ok, fair enough then.

This is obviously where I can buy one after October 20th? https://streetguardian.info/magfilter-magcpl.html

That's not too bad a price. I was seeing more expensive ones, but I was looking overseas.

That's not the right CPL that one you linked to is for the SGZC12SG V1

You want to SGGCCPL for the SG9665GC V2

Woops, didn't even notice. Just searched CPL on the site and saw that.

Now that I look, I can't even see one on the site for the SG9665GC V2.

Back