Purchase from baiklov

I purchased A119 from BAIKLOV 8 days ago, tracking message says "package on plane for New York" for past 7 days and has no update at all. I am concerned about warranty in case something goes wrong, what then? Does it mean that I might have to return camera, wait 15 days to get there, wait another 15-20 to get repaired and again 15 days to come back (because it looks like) ?

Question's here are

1. should I just buy one from Spy Tek https://www.amazon.com/gp/B01HN0HBFGand return other one when it arrives ?
2. Are they both same (beside one from BAILKOV says "VIOFO" above the screen and one from Spy Tek doesn't),
3. and are they both taking same firmware updates

I'm not familiar with HST. Does that apply to sales within provinces, between provinces and from sales outside Canada? Also seems not all provinces apply HST?
I just know about Ontario & Quebec its 13% HST (not for food at most groceries at supermarket) If I buy thru Amazon.CA from a USA Seller we don't pay any HST. But if I buy from a Seller direct in USA then its a gamble if Canada Customs will add it or not . Depends how a USA Seller describes it when its shipped (gift /repair/replacement it may get thru no tax.

I purchased A119 from BAIKLOV 8 days ago, tracking message says "package on plane for New York" for past 7 days and has no update at all.
That might not mean anything. I ordered a CPL filter for my M6+ from an eBay seller, and eBay was still reporting that it was sitting in China when it was delivered to my door. I don't know if the Canadian Post Office has tracking (I can't imagine that they don't), but if they do, check theirs. It's probably much more accurate than eBay's tracking system.

That might not mean anything. I ordered a CPL filter for my M6+ from an eBay seller, and eBay was still reporting that it was sitting in China when it was delivered to my door. I don't know if the Canadian Post Office has tracking (I can't imagine that they don't), but if they do, check theirs. It's probably much more accurate than eBay's tracking system.
Any time you order from China as a single purchase be prepared for 20 day ETA if all goes well and... for warranty you pay to return and its soooo expensive. $38. to send back an A118-c I am talking from experience it is a total nightmare. They may sell it a bit cheaper but don't be enticed because if you have to send it back you will end up paying at the end more than a North America purchase. Buy USA/Canada

When it comes to devices they are same and they are accepting same firmware upgrades ? I am in USA so I can buy Spy Tek at any time, I wish I found them before I purchased this from China.

When it comes to devices they are same and they are accepting same firmware upgrades ? I am in USA so I can buy Spy Tek at any time, I wish I found them before I purchased this from China.
Yes, they are the same. I carry the A119 in US as well.

Thanks. Since I already purchased one from China I will wait few more days. If it doesn't arrive I will buy one from SpyTek but if it does I will test and let you know it. I must say regardless of slow shipping BEIKLOV seems to be pleasant on communication.

Thanks. Since I already purchased one from China I will wait few more days. If it doesn't arrive I will buy one from SpyTek but if it does I will test and let you know it. I must say regardless of slow shipping BEIKLOV seems to be pleasant on communication.
Spy Tec why? you have the owner (Capture your Action ) right here and he can sell it to u.

I already purchased one from BEIKLOV so I will wait few days, not worthed to pay return shipping because I didn't want to wait 2-3 days

I already purchased one from BEIKLOV so I will wait few days, not worthed to pay return shipping because I didn't want to wait 2-3 days
And I suppose if you refused it at the door would you get all ur money back from China or is it wishful thinking but I think you are screwed, You may have to keep it .

And I suppose if you refused it at the door would you get all ur money back from China or is it wishful thinking but I think you are screwed, You may have to keep it .
I wish I can make that happen, but with USPS you'll never know when they will get there. Maybe I can leave note not to deliver any packages ordinating from China and return them to sender. If I see my mailman today I'll ask him.

I wish I can make that happen, but with USPS you'll never know when they will get there. Maybe I can leave note not to deliver any packages ordinating from China and return them to sender. If I see my mailman today I'll ask him.
Hold on! lol first try to find out if you will get ur money back if you do that.

I purchased A119 from BAIKLOV 8 days ago, tracking message says "package on plane for New York" for past 7 days and has no update at all. I am concerned about warranty in case something goes wrong, what then? Does it mean that I might have to return camera, wait 15 days to get there, wait another 15-20 to get repaired and again 15 days to come back (because it looks like) ?

Question's here are

1. should I just buy one from Spy Tek https://www.amazon.com/gp/B01HN0HBFGand return other one when it arrives ?
2. Are they both same (beside one from BAILKOV says "VIOFO" above the screen and one from Spy Tek doesn't),
3. and are they both taking same firmware updates

I know you're located in the USA, but for what it's worth, I purchased from estore009, as others have referred to, and the A119 cameras were mailed to me (in Calgary) directly from Richmond BC in 6 days. I was actually expecting them to be shipped from China.

Attachments

• a119 delivery.JPG
    a119 delivery.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 6
My concern is not WHEN will this arive, my concern is since this is so slow in case that I must send this for warranty claim - how long it might take and to cost me.

Spoke to Amazon, if I chose to refuse package I will get full refund back, but they asked for 48 hours to get in touch with seller

I know you're located in the USA, but for what it's worth, I purchased from estore009, as others have referred to, and the A119 cameras were mailed to me (in Calgary) directly from Richmond BC in 6 days. I was actually expecting them to be shipped from China.

My was actually shipped from China (tracking # confirms that)

Destination Country - Cache Time: 2016-08-23 11:18
2016-08-17 09:06

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment, We have received notice that the originating post is preparing to dispatch this mail piece.

2016-08-17 09:06
CHINA, SHENZHEN EMS, Processed Through Facility

2016-08-16 19:59
CHINA, Acceptance

Origin Country - Cache Time: 2016-08-23 11:18
2016-08-17 11:20
Shenzhen, Shenzhen City, leaving to New York's Kennedy airport

2016-08-16 19:59
Shenzhen, Shenzhen meilin express Marketing Department has been received

No other update...

My concern is not WHEN will this arive, my concern is since this is so slow in case that I must send this for warranty claim - how long it might take and to cost me.

Spoke to Amazon, if I chose to refuse package I will get full refund back, but they asked for 48 hours to get in touch with seller
Ohhh u bought it thru Amazon? if so yes do it don't even think about it. You got lucky. It wasn't a prime purchase so they need to ask Seller if they will hold back money . But lets say ur item is defective u have 30 days thru amazon to return it full refund.. They will even supply u with a prepaid label. But if it is not defective what can u do, u have to keep it. I'm assuming we are all honest.

Ohhh u bought it thru Amazon? if so yes do it don't even think about it. You got lucky. It wasn't a prime purchase so they need to ask Seller if they will hold back money . But lets say ur item is defective u have 30 days thru amazon to return it full refund.. They will even supply u with a prepaid label.

Yes I got thru amazon, item is not Prime but I am a Prime member. Amazon agreed on my concerns saying they were valid and even promised me a call within 48 hours themselves. Of course I am planing being honest that is why I contact them asking can I refuse package and what outcome will might come from it. If I keep it I will pay for, if I don't pay I will return regardless of condition. $99 won't make me a rich.

On another hand I found lots of complaint about Spy Tek advertising unit with GPS (on Amazon) and sending one without. Does anyone has experience with it?

Additionaly what would be the best (and fast) place to get those A119 from ?

Last edited:
i bought my original a118 from spytec back when the a118 was brand new... no complaints, but i didn't order the gps antenna either so i can't comment on that aspect. plus that was over 2 years ago.

as has been mentioned, @CaptureYourAction is on here (and from what i see, they're way ore active on the forum than spytec is) and they sell the A119 from the US.

Different hardware, we're working on new models at the moment and there will be some similarities to the Viofo versions but there will also be some hardware differences as well even in the new product
Are you able to share ETA on the updated SG model?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M A119 10
E A119 5
mealto A119 30
mealto A119 24
Y A119 9
Back