Purchase from baiklov

@CaptureYourAction.
Thanks for the input in regards to @viofo A119.
I am sure they can do an excellent job with the A119 and the A119s coming up.
they do listen to knowledgeable and well known members here and are constantly working on the firmware upgrades.
On the other hand we have the street guardian ( which I would gladly own if the cost was lower due to the unique customer service and hardware quality).
Not to say that the SG has not been copied (yet I hope.. please confirm Jokiin) by other manufacturers, plus it is an established product.
I understand that the A119 so far is being produced by viofo only right?
I checked your site capture and with the US dollar being stronger then the CAD dollar plus shipping, duties and HST in Ontario I will end up paying close to the price of a street guardian.
I have to do my final numbers but its not too far I believe from Pier 28.
I have not checked ur price for the SG if u do sell them.
As for buying from china directly comes the possible return problems issue.
either way.
still looking as to what I need.
sometimes saving money might cost me in the end.
cheers

Yeah, I know the added costs related to shipping to Canada can be tricky.

Pier28 is the only SG dealer for US and Canada.

On another hand I found lots of complaint about Spy Tek advertising unit with GPS (on Amazon) and sending one without. Does anyone has experience with it?
Maybe amazon shipped the wrong SKU, for such issue, can ask Spytec to ship a GPS module separately.

Maybe amazon shipped the wrong SKU, for such issue, can ask Spytec to ship a GPS module separately.

Thank you for this, I too was concerned because I have been looking at purchasing from spytec on Amazon and also saw the same reviews about no gps included. But to be fair, there were only 2-3 instances of this in 17 reviews.

My camera from BAIKLOV came and I decided to accept it. I got a say he is nice guy but I hope camera will be fine, because shipping back to China would be pain in the butt. :) Camera is great, love the fact that firmware is being updated all the time. Did notice one thing: I set resolution for 1440p, change some settings (enable line departure and few others, go back to check resolution is changed to 1080p. Then I change it back to 1440p but those features get disabled.... Does this mean they are working with 1080p only?

Yes some functions are only supported when in 1080p mode, the safety features aren't really that useful to be honest so I wouldn't be too upset about that

Yes some functions are only supported when in 1080p mode, the safety features aren't really that useful to be honest so I wouldn't be too upset about that
Thanks I was just curious, they are not important to me. I just hope CPL filter will be available soon.

My camera from BAIKLOV came and I decided to accept it. I got a say he is nice guy but I hope camera will be fine, because shipping back to China would be pain in the butt. :) Camera is great, love the fact that firmware is being updated all the time. Did notice one thing: I set resolution for 1440p, change some settings (enable line departure and few others, go back to check resolution is changed to 1080p. Then I change it back to 1440p but those features get disabled.... Does this mean they are working with 1080p only?
Can you try the 1440 in 3 min segments and when you try to play back on ur computer can u see if each and every file opens and plays ok? I have a problem that maybe only 20 files out of 30 opens ok but 10 files says file corrupt. strange. Or just try it on what ever resolution u want but try to see that all files open ok on ur pc. Hope its just me and not a common bug.

I also bought via amazon.ca from BAIKLOV and got my A119 yesterday. Came in perfect condition and working very well thank you. I only performed the firmware upgrade to the latest beta and was off to the races.

So far so good. Was only surprised to notice that the G force and altitude is not recorded along side the GPS data in the movie files. I was expecting it since the dashcam has a g force sensor and GPS...

I also bought via amazon.ca from BAIKLOV and got my A119 yesterday. Came in perfect condition and working very well thank you. I only performed the firmware upgrade to the latest beta and was off to the races.

So far so good. Was only surprised to notice that the G force and altitude is not recorded along side the GPS data in the movie files. I was expecting it since the dashcam has a g force sensor and GPS...
I think.. I may have heard someone say that the A119 is fussy with certain viewers you will have to ask someone here which is the best viewer for the A119 something to do with GPS and the viewer

i'd also say the LDW system in some cars also suck at best. i disabled that feature one week into getting my honda odyssey.

Can you try the 1440 in 3 min segments and when you try to play back on ur computer can u see if each and every file opens and plays ok? I have a problem that maybe only 20 files out of 30 opens ok but 10 files says file corrupt. strange. Or just try it on what ever resolution u want but try to see that all files open ok on ur pc. Hope its just me and not a common bug.
I'll try this tomorrow, my current setup for testing was 1 minute

Yes, only work in 1080P mode, latest firmware changed to only work in 1080P 30FPS mode, Novatek is still working on that.

Yes, only work in 1080P mode, latest firmware changed to only work in 1080P 30FPS mode, Novatek is still working on that.
Has anyone complained about the 2560x 1440 30FTS resolution on playback some of the playback files says corrupted But when I change it to 1920x 1080 30FTS it works perfect And with that resolution it seems to be ok to read licence plates as far away as 5 feet but further than that cannot read.

Last edited:
Ok, I have been testing this for past 2 days and 1440p 30fps - no corrupted files. On first day when I got cam I had 2 but I think due to my error (pulled sd card out while cam was shutting down), but like I said last 2 days everything was fine. I am running latest beta firmware.

Ok, I have been testing this for past 2 days and 1440p 30fps - no corrupted files. On first day when I got cam I had 2 but I think due to my error (pulled sd card out while cam was shutting down), but like I said last 2 days everything was fine. I am running latest beta firmware.
Thank you Eric so I guess its either my A119 or my memory card

If it helps I am using Samsung PRO 64gb

If it helps I am using Samsung PRO 64gb
Is that the 80 MBS? I think that's about $70 on Amazon.ca I will buy it. And Ill see if it works ok.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M A119 10
E A119 5
mealto A119 30
mealto A119 24
Y A119 9
Back