Parking Guard Hardwirekit Released

with nanoQ and our following cameras with Parking Guard function, you need to wire the RED and Yellow wires together to switched 12V, to make the camera identify the vehicle is ON;
if only wired red but null for yellow, nanoQ will be on Parking Guard mode. (but the camera should be recording Parking videos - low frame videos instead of turn off, please check your firmware version so I can report bug to engineer to re-check)
we test the function for many days here in facory which working well. let's figure it out.

with nanoQ and our following cameras with Parking Guard function, you need to wire the RED and Yellow wires together to switched 12V, to make the camera identify the vehicle is ON;
if only wired red but null for yellow, nanoQ will be on Parking Guard mode. (but the camera should be recording Parking videos - low frame videos instead of turn off, please check your firmware version so I can report bug to engineer to re-check)
we test the function for many days here in facory which working well. let's figure it out.
OK, maybe "RED and Yellow wires together to switched 12V" would be the key. I have not tried that. Right now I have everything wired as it should be (RED - constant, YELLOW - switched) It is also plugged into the GPS and the power switch on parking guard is OFF.
Once I get a new mount I can just simply turn the switch to the ON position and plug it into the camera.
This way I don't have to mess around the fuse box to change wires.

looks like we need to place a small paper into the bag of parking guard hardwire kit to explain how to use it on common camera and nano* camera

Got a new mount that allowed me to use the USB on the camera but I still could not make it work. It seems the parking guard setting doesn't stick?

I'd like to hear from someone with this working...

Got a new mount that allowed me to use the USB on the camera but I still could not make it work. It seems the parking guard setting doesn't stick?

I'd like to hear from someone with this working...
Do you have hardwire kit with parking function ?

Yes, of course.
oa, lucky I still dont buy it. They are offering me to buy hardwire parking mode kit, new housing and new mount. :D
Then I will continue wailt.

Does the parking guard function of the nano Q with the parking guard hardwire kit does it switch between parking guard when car is parked and does the video turn on and record continuously when car is running. I want to know if the parking guard and normal running mode switch automatically, or do I need to manually put the camera into parking guard mode and then manually set it back to normal running mode when I am driving?

Does the parking guard function of the nano Q with the parking guard hardwire kit does it switch between parking guard when car is parked and does the video turn on and record continuously when car is running. I want to know if the parking guard and normal running mode switch automatically, or do I need to manually put the camera into parking guard mode and then manually set it back to normal running mode when I am driving?
I could not get the parking guard working and I don't know anyone who has. Also the manufacturer who used to be active on this board has gone MIA...

Just installed parking kit and it's working well. For proper work it reqiures to connect red wire to point with constant 12-24 power (for my car it's Acc fuse, however it's good to check with multimeter), and yellow wire to point where power appears only when key is turned to On position (in my case it's Cigar fuse). I also turned blue indicator option in camera setup to parking guard mode and turned parking guard option to on. They call it 'blue indicator' but for me it's more purple. I have firmware 20160825v2.2 and somehow it doesn't want to remember parking guard option, so when I open it again it set to off. I dont know if this affects workflow or it's just a bug and camera remembers the setting. But at the moment it's working ok. When key is in off position the camera blinks with purple indicator which means it's in parking mode, and when key is in on position the camera blinks with red/blue which means it's in normal recording mode (afaik red/blue also should be configured in settings, by default it's blue without red).

so, you plug the cable on the cam body, instead of the GPS base right? It means you lost the GPS ability of the cam.
The GPS will be powered even when you plug it directly into the camera.

The GPS will be powered even when you plug it directly into the camera.
Means I also will not lose the GPS ability if I use the Parking Guard Hardwirekit ? Will I get both the parking guard feature and the GPS feature?

so, you plug the cable on the cam body, instead of the GPS base right? It means you lost the GPS ability of the cam.

Yes, I plug the cable to the cam, not the base. However I don't understand why it should lead to lose GPS ability. But in any way this requires some more testing. First of all I never had GPS working on my cam, so I cannot answer your question as I cannot check it. And secondly I got new firmware today from the manufacturer, so now it's not a bad idea to upgrade the cam and to make more tests.

Means I also will not lose the GPS ability if I use the Parking Guard Hardwirekit ? Will I get both the parking guard feature and the GPS feature?

If you have GPS feature working on your cam you can test it and share results with us :)

Yes, I plug the cable to the cam, not the base. However I don't understand why it should lead to lose GPS ability. But in any way this requires some more testing. First of all I never had GPS working on my cam, so I cannot answer your question as I cannot check it. And secondly I got new firmware today from the manufacturer, so now it's not a bad idea to upgrade the cam and to make more tests.
I have just got the dashcam today and the firmware is the newest edition. The GPS is ok for me but I plug the cable into the GPS base. I want to have a try with the Parking Guard Hardwirekit.

If you have GPS feature working on your cam you can test it and share results with us :)
someone said if I plug the power cable into the cam body, the GPS feature will not works, but into the GPS base that will be fun.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Mini 0903 / nano Q 3
leggo Mini 0903 / nano Q 0
Back