Parking Guard Hardwirekit Released

or maybe you can google "cutting off voltage of accumulator" . Here is a Chinese page for your reference.
http://baike.baidu.com/link?url=whc...ZmNd4E2XHJC0WyNUMRVhuExJ3g0BlV5odp3EGlSGIlZeK

and make sure the cutting off voltage is onload voltage not NO LOAD.
the accumulators in vehicle are 45Ah or 60Ah, calculate the output current for a dash camera is only 5*0.5(MAX)/12/80%(swithcing efficiency)=0.26A, so a regular 45Ah accumulator will power a dash camera for 173hours or 7 days in a parked car.
When you leave your vehicle in garage and go for a long vacation, please slide the toggle switch to OFF position, or take the positive pole away from accumulator.
The first time I know baidu even has it own wiki. Amazing :D Thanks. I will test in car.

I would like to know also. In addition:
Current mount is wired to the GPS module, does it mean the new mount includes GPS module?
For existing customers with parking guard, will you send the new mount free of charge or is it something they have to pay extra?
we can send you the new plastic components on our post cost and you do little screw work and 3 pin solder work for 10 minutes;
or return the whole GPS mount on your hand for a new mount replacement, which may take more time and budget.

I found this in market. Do you think this can solve the problem ? But how can I solve this solution to customers. May good for DIY.

I think those will not work. we use pin4 as signal but few cable manufacturer made such cable other than OTG

we can send you the new plastic components on our post cost and you do little screw work and 3 pin solder work for 10 minutes;
or return the whole GPS mount on your hand for a new mount replacement, which may take more time and budget.

OK, I can do a little DIY. When can I expect new plastics?

@lacibaci
please send me a PM for your request and address&number :)

New hard wire kit is here and it will sit on the shelf for another month or until MEG retools the mount. Meanwhile my GPS stopped working and it looks like everyone @Meg is radio silence. Peachy...
IMG_20160408_163850.jpg

New hard wire kit is here and it will sit on the shelf for another month or until MEG retools the mount. Meanwhile my GPS stopped working and it looks like everyone @Meg is radio silence. Peachy...

we have a trade show in Hong Kong next week, they'll be there as well, setup is tomorrow, no doubt they would be quite busy at the moment getting packed so it may take a bit longer than usual before you hear from anyone there

View attachment 22222
Looks nice, pity it is not possible to plug it in :oops:

You could install it and plug it into the base, you will just be missing the parking guard feature and it will be easy to move the plug to the camera when the mount gets sorted.

If your GPS is not actually working then maybe you should switch to the GoPro mount, I guess you can then plug into the camera? It would be stupid if you couldn't! You can then use the parking guard and are just missing GPS which doesn't work anyway.

If I was connecting it into my car then I would connect it to the power via a silicon diode, that will drop the voltage by 0.7V and so the battery protect feature should turn it off at 11.5 + 0.7 = 12.2V which for my battery and my car would be a good value. You can get lower voltage drops with different types of diodes.

I hope that when I plug it into the GPS mount, the third pin doesn't cause havoc. Not sure exactly how they wired it.

Got a couple of GoPro parts and also cable with RF choke on it. Time to go to work...
IMG_20160409_114317.jpg

Got a couple of GoPro parts and also cable with RF choke on it. Time to go to work...
View attachment 22230
I have an ideal. The mircoUSB have 4 wire: black, white, green and red. You may use multimeter to measure and specify which wire is for. Exmple: I am pretty sure: black is mass, red is ACC. And I guess: green is 12/24V which wire to battery. If it is true, we are no longer need to buy hardwire kit, just modifying the cigarette adaper will be enough ;)
1965_8127353-1455704984-0-usb-cable-wiring.png

you dont need to cut the wire, just use multimeter to measure which pin of microUSB is harewired to the batteries

I have an ideal. The mircoUSB have 4 wire: black, white, green and red. You may use multimeter to measure and specify which wire is for. Exmple: I am pretty sure: black is mass, red is ACC. And I guess: green is 12/24V which wire to battery. If it is true, we are no longer need to buy hardwire kit, just modifying the cigarette adaper will be enough ;)
you dont need to cut the wire, just use multimeter to measure which pin of microUSB is harewired to the batteries

the parking signal input nanoQ on the pin 4 of microUSB. (common usb cable will never use the pin 4, OTG will)
by the way, please limit the signal voltage to lower than 3.3V, to avoid chipset damage.

the parking signal input nanoQ on the pin 4 of microUSB. (common usb cable will never use the pin 4, OTG will)
by the way, please limit the signal voltage to lower than 3.3V, to avoid chipset damage.
That's all what I need. :D I can't wait to test parking mode :D
And thank you. :D

That's all what I need. :D I can't wait to test parking mode :D
And thank you. :D

Thanks for your suggestion in PM, we are scheduling that accessory. :)

yes that is why we made a new mold for new brackets.
but the mold have been moded for 4 times there is still small defect which we have to handle. The new brackets was scheduled to be released at the end of Feb.
it is almost done now this time (after solved the vibration issue it is too hard to take out from the painted housing).

View attachment 22049

Any chance for us new owner who purchased nanoQ prior to new mounts to request for new version/replacement of mount?

I was going to install this today but noticed something strange. Just before the battery protection kicks in at 11.5V the circuit starts pulsating at around 11.7V. This could wreak havoc for connected camera. It will probably never happen to me (900A battery in my car) but still I'd like to know if this is by design...
The LED in the video bellow is connected to 5V. Multi meter shows supply voltage, small blue display shows USB voltage and current load (very small in the video, but I also tested with a larger 800mA load)

Ok, so being tired of looking at the cig. plug adapter, I installed the kit. Connected black to GND, yellow to accessory (switched 12V) and red to constant 12V.
Routed the micro USB plug wire under A pillar cover and roof upholstery - totally invisible. Plugged it into the GPS mount (still trying to making it work).
The camera turned on immediately and never turned off even when I shut the engine off.
Turns out, if you want to use it just as a hardwired kit, you have to turn the the switch on the kit to the OFF position. Otherwise it will never turn the camera off.
IMG_2912.JPG
@Rayman.Chan should probably label it as "Parking Guard Power In" instead of just "Power In". Better explanation in the manual would also go a long way.

Hi Lacibaci,
the parking guard hardwire kit should be plug to nanoQ camera body to achieve "parking guard". (yes I understand you have a old GPS mount on hand. just wait for days.)
If you want to use it just as a normal hardwire kit, just connect the black wire to GND and the red wire to accessory (switched 12V) and ignore the yellow wire.

Hi Lacibaci,
the parking guard hardwire kit should be plug to nanoQ camera body to achieve "parking guard". (yes I understand you have a old GPS mount on hand. just wait for days.)
If you want to use it just as a normal hardwire kit, just connect the black wire to GND and the red wire to accessory (switched 12V) and ignore the yellow wire.
Well, that's what I thought at first. With the switch in "ON" position I connected RED wire to accessory (switched 12V) and disconnected YELLOW. When I turned the engine on, it was working for a couple of minutes then the camera turned off.
I don't know if this is how the circuit is designed.
That's when I discovered the workaround I mentioned above.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Mini 0903 / nano Q 3
leggo Mini 0903 / nano Q 0
Back