Ddpai m6 plus

I have added ferrite cores to me hardwire kit, still getting problems with static interference from my M6+ on FM radio. A friend has told me that it's probably a 'dirty earth' (the neg is bolted to the chassis). Anything I can do about that?

I think the 11.7 volt limit is set to prevent permanent damage to the battery, rather than set a limit at which a car will start.

There's a pdf at http://ecee.colorado.edu/ecen4517/materials/Battery.pdf that includes a chart that says, amongst other things:

Battery state of charge (SOC)
Completely Discharged
State of charge: 0%
Depth of discharge: 100%
Electrolyte concentration: ~2 molar
Electrolyte specific gravity: ~1.1
No-load voltage: 11.7 V

My Skoda has permanently powered sockets, and the older Jeep has one permanently powered and one on/off with the engine, side by side. It's one of the few good design features of the Jeep and means I don't have to mess with these add-on devices.

BTW, what technology does the little button you stick to your dashboard use? I assume it's not Bluetooth as it's not powered but what other technology would enable it to make a connection to the camera? How long does the battery in the button (assuming it has one) last and how easy is it to replace or do you just buy a new button?

Replacement is easy. Just wedge open the cover. However, it will get scratched a little, because it was on pretty tight for me. I had my DDPai M6+ for around 6 months now, and haven't changed the battery yet. I can't remember the battery size, but it is a "coin" battery.

BTW, what technology does the little button you stick to your dashboard use? I assume it's not Bluetooth as it's not powered but what other technology would enable it to make a connection to the camera? How long does the battery in the button (assuming it has one) last and how easy is it to replace or do you just buy a new button?

Low power RF, like a key fob. There is no connection or two way communication as such.

@Autopilot That is good to know. That means the battery should last for a long time since it is only used when the button is pressed. No constant connection.

Hey Paul...you have not posted in a while. I just mounted my dd pai m6+..have been reading all posts on this cam...it is a frustrating piece of equipment..
How has yours been working??
Would you mind stating what f/w version you are running?

Just putted my hands on two M6Plus dashcams,

Dis some searching in the rice rich parts of internet and here you have all fans / owners firmware files!

Hope you enjoy!

M6Plusv3.3.3.0SdUpdBig.zip
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2I7bBXpLugwVG5uS2ZrZ2c3V0E
M6Plusv3.3.2.11SdUpdBig.zip
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2I7bBXpLugwQTlJTEVyNlFDclk
M6lusV3.3.1.7.rar
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2I7bBXpLugwNDZYZmZlRksyRDQ

For hardwire kit i would recommend :
just bought will leave feedback of how it works,
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B01MU1WGO1
For now i just DIY a sistem base on shock sensor from car allarm, and a delay circuit with 5 min delay,
so when smth bumps my car while parked, the camera starts (in about 20s) and recods next 5 minutes :)

Best of all!
And i hope you enjoy what i shared with you!

Not sure if its been mentioned but has anyone noticed that you can set the camera to turn of after a set time, iirc 15mins - 24 hours?

Well Carloz, the camera does not shut off after any time you set, it only turns off if you disconnect the power or your battery runs down.
It must be a translation problem. If you set the camera to turn off after 1 hour what happens is that after about 15 minutes the camera stops recording video and switches to time lapse photographs for about 53 minutes and then if you stay long enough the cycle repeats. I have a Ford Edge and the power outlook is always on so I simply pull out the 12v plug when I park overnight.

Thanks for your reply. Yes you are correct as some scumbag decided to lye down on my bonnet about 4 hours ago and it recorded him in time lapse then switched to normal once he got on to the car. What would happen if I selected the 24 hour option?

I have been 'afraid' to try the 24 hour option but it is on my to-do list.
Just to clarify my remark about translation, I am old enough to have purchased a Honda 50 back in the early 1960s and wrote Honda about their great little product. The reply was quite funny in the sense that they did not answer any of my questions Didn't matter as the 50 was such an indestructible machine.
I do wish the M6+ would power off after a specified time but as the unit is powered from the mount I doubt that will ever be possible. I quite like the M6+ and it performs quite well provided the user is computer literate.
BTW it works better with a Samsung Note 4 than an Apple 4.

Sorry for the delay

Iv had mine set on 24h and had no problems starting the car in the morning which is about 12 hours since the car was last running.
I did set it to 15mins and when I checked the camera after this period only the red light was on.
I have a volt metre in my car so I will note the volts tonight and see how much it drops in the morning. Obviously my alarm is going to consume some power so this wont be very accurate.

I think the camera will shut down after chosen time but there is still a resistor in the power line that drops the volts from 12v to 4.2v IIRC so the resistor will keep consuming power even if the camera is off. I think iv just repeated what you said but in a different way :)

I may be wrong but just putting it out there.

Hi all,

I invested £23 in the BlackVue Power Magic Pro (https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B00LN2BZL2) and had a local Auto Electrician fit it. He neatly ran a micro USB cable inside the windscreen trim to the M6+ mount and installed the Power MAgic Pro unit inside the fusebox on my car which is easy to access if I want to change the voltage and timed cut off settings so no screwing anything into the dash which is a bonus.

I turned on parking mode in the app (Android app version 5.7.0.037 camera version 3.3.2.11), set the voltage to 12v and the timed cut off to 24 hours so in theory whichever occurs first cuts power to the M6+ and ensures there is plenty of juice left to fire up the engine. That's the theory anyway.

To date I've been using the M6+ for about 4 months with just a car socket charger which turns on/off with the ignition and I must say the camera has performed perfectly. The app and how you interact with the camera is a bit quirky but it does the job well once you figure it out.

I'm using a 128gb SD card with no issues at all and added a UV filter which has definitely reduced glare on sunny days.

As I haven't used parking mode before I've got my fingers crossed it'll work as planned and I won't go out to find a flat battery in the morning.

One question I have is how the parking mode pictures/video are stored. Whilst it's in parking mode (which I assume it switches too once the GPS senses no movement for more than X minutes) for a few hours it must take a few hundred clips. It can't store them all as individual clips surely? Does it stitch them all together like a time lapse video and if so how does it store them? Are parking mode "videos" separately identifiable from regular footage?

Thanks BTW for all the tips on here, they've been a great help to me so far.

Cheers.

The way parking mode works for me is after 15 minutes of parking the camera begins to take time lapse photos until I move the car. Parking mode is set for 6hrs but I suspect that 24hrs works the same.
Quite like the unit but may have to get the filter for reflections of the dash (2011 Ford Edge).

I left the camera plugged in last night and after 6hrs of time lapse photos (as per my previous post) the camera shut off by itself. Excellent.

Are you sure it turns off? I set it to 15 minutes, waited 20 and the camera was still on.

What WiFi download speeds are you guys seeing? I get 1.7 - 2.0MB/s tops. Is that normal?

That's awfully slow... it's useless, seeing how a 2minute clip has 150mb - it takes more than 1 minute to download it!

I took the SD card out and saw something weird. Inside my 200video folder consisting of 150 x 150MB, 2 minute clips, I have a tmp folder with 4 times more items, but they all seem corrupt - didn't find anything to play them, not even Youtube can process them. Can I delete them?

Attachments

• corrupt.png
    corrupt.png
    28.1 KB · Views: 11
Back