Ddpai m6 plus

Concerning Dashcam Hardwire kits for the Ddpai M6+. I am considering the purchase of this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/311669785089 and notice it only has two wires, positive and negative. I have seen a few with an extra third 'yellow' wire and wondered if the M6+ needs a third wire to work in park mode.

I have just fitted the DDPai M6+ in the front of my car and the DDPai mini in back, i have managed to get both to work with my iphone 6. But i would like to know if i have to use both remotes or will just the M6+ work to record front and rear cameras?

Are the videos for you guys fairly blurry? I cleaned my windshield with non-streak invisiglass cleaner and a microfiber cloth, cleaned the outside too. However, my videos are coming out fairly blurry.

Unless I'm just maybe less than a car length license plates or event street signs aren't readable. Here's a few shots from the footage (shot @ 1440p, with the blu-ray 2.4 option):

UUY95Ea.jpg

This car's license plate is unreadable from this distance.

ECTcfIO.jpg

It's until I get about this close will I see a license plate.

VqM9SrQ.jpg

This car's license plate is completely unreadable.

3x3vB6b.jpg

Here you can barely read the sign at the top right (Washington St.)

the focus might be set a touch short but I'd say it's still within spec, the focal sweet spot tapers off after about 3 to 4 meters at best, you get to a point where you don't have enough pixels to get clear focus at a distance anyway

Are the videos for you guys fairly blurry? I cleaned my windshield with non-streak invisiglass cleaner and a microfiber cloth, cleaned the outside too. However, my videos are coming out fairly blurry.

Unless I'm just maybe less than a car length license plates or event street signs aren't readable. Here's a few shots from the footage (shot @ 1440p, with the blu-ray 2.4 option):

UUY95Ea.jpg

ECTcfIO.jpg

VqM9SrQ.jpg

3x3vB6b.jpg

UUY95Ea.jpg

ECTcfIO.jpg

VqM9SrQ.jpg

3x3vB6b.jpg

I have the same problem,did you buy yours on Ebay? I am getting the runaround from the seller right now.

Mine has the same issue if not worse. This was me parked approx 3 metres away from the car in front! I wonder if it is the latest firmware...I'm running 3.3.2.11
Capture.PNG

That looks terribly out of focus; I wonder if it's quality control issues; or if there are fakes out in the wild?

I can't imagine Amazon allowing fakes; but it's a possibility.

I'm returning mine as faulty now...it surely must be an issue with a bad batch...

I'm returning mine as faulty now...it surely must be an issue with a bad batch...

Definitely not a firmware issue. This is my DDPai M6+ with polariser and just updated to the latest firmware. No different to previously, and definitely better than the screenshot you gave.

Might be right that's it's a faulty batch.

5XbEBgrZ.jpg

New user who got an M6+ from Santa here. Installed it high up on my windscreen behind the rear view mirror and have purchased this hardwire kit which is supposed to be an "Original DDPAI 3m Hardwire 5V Adapter Cable Micro USB for M6 Plus Car Dashcam" but I have my doubts if it is indeed an OEM or DDpai supported product - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B01J3CTSV2
Just read the whole thread, very informative.

I've a couple of questions I didn't see asked/answered thus far:-

1. Where can you purchase the CPL polariser? I have a good bit of screen glare on my videos so far which I'd like to eradicate if possible.

2. How can I check what FW version my M6+ is on and what the latest version is?

3. How can I determine what the optimum low voltage cut off should be for my car? The hardwire kit I purchased automatically cuts off at 11.6v but as I've a 3.0L diesel engine in a VW Touareg I'm having second thoughts that 11.6v will leave enough juice in the battery for a successful ignition especially on a cold winters morning. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

11.6v will leave you with a flat battery and a car that won't start, particularly in winter

What is the recommended/optimum voltage to ensure the battery works? Why would companies offering hardwire kits set the rate at 11.6v if that isn't a suitable cut off point? I can't understand why they just don't pick a higher cut off point so a) their product cut off point will work for all cars and b) their doesn't get any negative feedback.

Also, if the M6+ was left on park mode without the protection of a cut off switch how long would it typically take to run the battery down? I'd just like to get a ball park understanding as I use my car pretty much every day and it's rarely parked up for more than 24 or max 48 hours. If I knew the M6+ could be left on for X hours without flattening the battery I'd live with that as I could simply undock the camera if the car was going to be left unused for a period of time greater than X e.g. at the airport whilst away etc.

when your battery reaches 12v it is around 50% discharged, you can see why 11.6v would be a problem, why they choose that number I have no idea, better to get a device with selectable voltage and choose something higher, even if you don't wind up with a car that won't start you'll find that a regular parasitic drain on your battery will kill it pretty quickly, lead acid batteries are not good with being discharged all the time

when your battery reaches 12v it is around 50% discharged, you can see why 11.6v would be a problem
I honestly don't, 11.6v is only 3% less than 12.0v (by my reckoning) but I get the feeling you know what you're talking about so I'll trust you on it ;)

So I took my Dashcam for a few test runs and I'd appreciate feedback on this footage in terms of quality. As this is my first Dashcam I really don't know what to expect quality wise. I was initially impressed with the footage but then realised it's quite hard to see the number plate of the car in front and its not that far in front!!

[YOUTUBE]
[/YOUTUBE]

Here is a still taken from the above clip which no matter how much I zoom in on I can only made out the "D" in the number plate and that's primarily due to familiarity rather than picture clarity!!

N201701031245580064L1483711163.jpg

I also took the following stills whilst parked/standing still and once again whilst there is more clarity than the still from the moving video I'm not that impressed with the ability to read the number plates which for me is one of the main functions of I wanted from a dashcam.

N201701051659390027L1483711088.jpg

and

N201701051657400068L1483711127.jpg

My M6+ is located towards the top of my windscreen (as generally recommended), I'm on firmware v3.3.2.11, the video settings are max 1440p resolution and the Blu Ray cinema mode 2.4:1 so I think that's as good as it gets.

Any thoughts? Am I being too critical/expecting too much?

Also, what does the "Dashboard Display On/Off" button in settings do??

even though we refer to car electrical systems as being 12v they are actually higher than that
Super info Jokiin, appreciate it.

Can't believe suppliers of non switchable hardwire kits don't set the cut off point higher than 11.6v!!

Back