I really had a hard time coming up with a title for this video

There is a phenomenon that exists, where sometimes in a given area the average IQ will momentarily take a deep drop. This may be your first experience. They have come up with no explanation for this phenomenon. They can last for seconds, or even hours o_O

2 days ago, I saw a car drive very slowly, then I found the driver hold a child...

I once saw 8 people get out of a 5 seater car. Must have been very uncomfortable. This was after the car went the wrong way around a roundabout and the driver seemed lost and got out to ask for help but then seven more got out of the car!

Some days are idiot free, others are not, and some have multiple idiots (as shown in that video).

Yes i always notice that, and it actually happen from time to time that i can do the 2 X 40 minute drive to my friends house and back and not have a single event to upload to youtube.
And other days i dont get more then a half Km from my home before the first idiot have to wave his/her flag.

Out of curiosity, is it a legal requirement to yield for that specific type of crosswalk?

Over here that situation can happen the same way. if a person is waiting at the crossing (in our case a zebra crossing) we SHOULD yield if its safe to do so, and we MUST yield if the person has already left the kerb. If a situation arises like that one in your video where there are 2 people waiting to do different things, sometimes it's safer not to yield to any of them, to take yourself out of the situation. As in your case, the driver (despite being dopey anyway) genuinely had no reason to believe you weren't yielding to them

Out of curiosity, is it a legal requirement to yield for that specific type of crosswalk?

Over here that situation can happen the same way. if a person is waiting at the crossing (in our case a zebra crossing) we SHOULD yield if its safe to do so, and we MUST yield if the person has already left the kerb. If a situation arises like that one in your video where there are 2 people waiting to do different things, sometimes it's safer not to yield to any of them, to take yourself out of the situation. As in your case, the driver (despite being dopey anyway) genuinely had no reason to believe you weren't yielding to them
Except that unless traffic was bumper to bumper gridlock, the would be no reason for the cam car to yield to the person turning.

There is a phenomenon that exists, where sometimes in a given area the average IQ will momentarily take a deep drop. This may be your first experience. They have come up with no explanation for this phenomenon. They can last for seconds, or even hours o_O

Sometimes it can last for years at a time. :rolleyes:

I once saw 8 people get out of a 5 seater car. Must have been very uncomfortable. This was after the car went the wrong way around a roundabout and the driver seemed lost and got out to ask for help but then seven more got out of the car!

I wonder what nationality they were. :rolleyes:

unless traffic was bumper to bumper gridlock, the would be no reason for the cam car to yield to the person turning.
Some people think being nice is reason enough. Several times I've been behind a "nice" driver who that has stopped completely to help out a single person, despite there being several vehicles behind them (not a never-ending stream though.)
One person benefited, many people lost out. That's not nice. That's not nice at all.

But the other problem is how the person waiting to pull out interprets things. They're waiting, someone stops, their first thought is "great, someone's being helpful." Since the situation is time-critical, they may not repeat the proper checks, like is it clear ahead.

I once saw 8 people get out of a 5 seater car.
1l0smh.gif

Last edited:
people just dont know how to use the fukin round abouts, here in Panama we have the same problem and worse.

That car in the 2nd roundabout , should he not have right of way ?

it is a city ordinance that we have to yield to pedestrians at a signed and marked crosswalk. This particular one also has yellow flashing lights that are activated by pedestrians trying to cross. (yes lights are flashing in the video)

Except that unless traffic was bumper to bumper gridlock, the would be no reason for the cam car to yield to the person turning.

Yes there is a reason to yield to the pedestrian, city ordinance states we have to in signed and marked crosswalks.

Same as here crosswalks are sacred places where people on foot get godlike status, so you really dont want to cream one of them in such a place.

Beside that we have unmarked crossing places, but pedestrians do not have godlike status there, but this are one of those ambiguous things in our traffic code i would fix if i became the dictator here.

yes i wrote dictator, i cant do poitics like the norm here as that would mean i would have to cooperate with eager to please parties, and then like now we will get nothing done.

Viva el presidente.
moon-over-parador.jpg

Actually moon over parador are not a bad movie, and beside Richard dreyfuss there is the excellent Raul Julia

it is a city ordinance that we have to yield to pedestrians at a signed and marked crosswalk. This particular one also has yellow flashing lights that are activated by pedestrians trying to cross. (yes lights are flashing in the video)

So the dopey driver mistakenly thinking you yielded for them, should also have yielded to the crosswalk I would think?

So the dopey driver mistakenly thinking you yielded for them, should also have yielded to the crosswalk I would think?
Of course but if the dopey took @Mr_roadside616 right of way without hesitation, did you expect him to yield to those mere mortals they call pedestrians? o_O

Back