Any more news on the rear plug in camera for 512gw ultra

I would love to too @TechnoWhizz I’m getting a date Tuesday next week. I’ll post as soon as I have it.

@Beard yes that’s correct, it comes with a 6m cable to connect the two cameras, power is taken from the 512GW and the data is stored on the 512GW SD card.

I just wondering will you be releasing a pack with both camera’s 512Gw/rear cam together.. many thanks

Well I have put the rear view camera on my list to Santa and hope he does not let me down

I would assume Halfords would, I don't have anything set in stone though unfortunately.

I'll post a date tomorrow @posiman stay tuned.

Morning do we have a rough estimate at cost because i would definitely put this on Santa's list so at minute waiting like a kiddie for it to arrive on scene

I remember reading that it would be between £60-£70

I think so too @Simcor we're just waiting on a final test. I'm as eager as you are I can assure you :(

And we all know what happened to Apollo 13 so test away Tiffany. When I install this in my car I don’t want to be sending it back faulty.

I hope it has had more as I don’t want any of you/us stranded. It was supposed to happen Tuesday but a delay in shipping, I'm eagerly chasing. Will update when we have a date.

And we all know what happened to Apollo 13 so test away Tiffany. When I install this in my car I don’t want to be sending it back faulty.

Can only test something so many times !!!! its a stand alone cam that gets its power from the main cam!! and at a possible £70 I'd expect it to be perfect ........

What would the recommended sd card size be for the 512GW and rear camera reason i ask is because someone mentioned in a earlier thread about 128gb but on reading the manual page 06 it mention maximum of 64gb microSD with 264 minutes recording

What would the recommended sd card size be for the 512GW and rear camera reason i ask is because someone mentioned in a earlier thread about 128gb but on reading the manual page 06 it mention maximum of 64gb microSD with 264 minutes recording

I have a 128gb card in mine and it works fine, the manual states 64gb in one section but 128gb in another

says on the box it'll support 128gb ....... although you may have to update the firmware if it doesn't.
IMG_8421.JPG

They updated the firmware in a range of models recently to accept 128Gb cards.

RoVic thanks for update and had i read box first instead of manual then i would have known :)

I think in all reality this rear cam isn't going to be in the shops this side of the 25th, It's a real shame indeed. maybe the 512GW should have been released as or when the rear cam was ready so that people could have decided to purchase just the 512gw or both the front and rear at the time ......

Back