Memory card for Viofo A129

We do testing with this Samsung 256GB card, works fine until now.
what do you mean by- works fine "until now" ? @viofo Please provide a list of acceptable SD cards that work with the A129 that ABSOLUTELY will work Thank you

what do you mean by- works fine "until now" ? @viofo Please provide a list of acceptable SD cards that work with the A129 that ABSOLUTELY will work Thank you
I don't think we have found any that don't work yet, ... except for fake cards!

Viofo means that it is still being tested, so far there have been no problems.

I don't think we have found any that don't work yet, ... except for fake cards!

Viofo means that it is still being tested, so far there have been no problems.
Yes, that's true.

We plan to release VIOFO brand MLC card, is it good?

Yes, that's true.

We plan to release VIOFO brand MLC card, is it good?

That would be great, as long as its a good price and a warranty. Would it be a high endurance card?

I'll be using a SanDisk Ultra 200GB microSDXC UHS-I Card in mine when it arrives today.

I purchased this Sandisk Ultra A1 256gb card for my A129 and although it has only been days, I’ve experienced no issue thus far.

StreetGuardian USA has been testing this same card in their cams a while now and recommend it. It’s important to make sure it’s the new A1 Ultra branded cards from Sandisk.

I've been using this card a lot more now, took an extended 2,500 mile trip and more shorter ones with VERY hot temperatures (days and days of high 90's Fahrenheit) leaving the cam on all the time hooked up to a Cellink Neo and no card issues to date. Just updating my findings concerning it and the A129.

Hello everyone!
I'm new to the forum, I bought my first dash cam a129duo, someone can tell me how many hours I can record with a 128gb sd with double cam ?.
Thank you .

Hello everyone!
I'm new to the forum, I bought my first dash cam a129duo, someone can tell me how many hours I can record with a 128gb sd with double cam ?.
Thank you .

A little over 8 hours with bitrate set to 'High'.

How to check - format the card from within the menu and then come back out and stop recording manually, you'll see the duration as per the inserted card's capacity on the top right.

A little over 8 hours with bitrate set to 'High'.

How to check - format the card from within the menu and then come back out and stop recording manually, you'll see the duration as per the inserted card's capacity on the top right.
:) Thank you!

I purchased this Sandisk Ultra A1 256gb card for my A129 and although it has only been days, I’ve experienced no issue thus far.

StreetGuardian USA has been testing this same card in their cams a while now and recommend it. It’s important to make sure it’s the new A1 Ultra branded cards from Sandisk.
Has this card continued to work well for you? The 200GB is $55 which is a good price point. These are available with Amazon as the seller which I think greatly reduces the chance of it being counterfeit. I noticed these are U1 instead of U3 like the recommended Samsung card. Is U1 fast enough for the A129’s dual HD streams?

Has this card continued to work well for you? The 200GB is $55 which is a good price point. These are available with Amazon as the seller which I think greatly reduces the chance of it being counterfeit. I noticed these are U1 instead of U3 like the recommended Samsung card. Is U1 fast enough for the A129’s dual HD streams?

the SanDisk A1 cards are fine

Yes, I’ve had not one issue with it. As jokin mentioned above, the newer A1 labeled sandisk cards are fine. As for buying these cards from amazon, I only buy cards shipped and sold from Amazon as well.

Can the A129 Duo even use U3 speeds?

EDIT: I'm willing to bet only UHS 1 speeds are supported so a u3 card would be overkill.

Last edited:
Does anyone use Transcend's High Endurance SD cards? The highest capacity currently available with them is 64GB, so that may be a sticking point for some people, but I'm considering it due to its apparent reliability:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B01BDKTRAE
I also figure that if the G-Sensor captures those critical moments and prevents them being overwritten, then it shouldn't matter too much if other data gets overwritten after a few hours.

Thoughts?

Get one from the regular U3 options, can't beat the price to performance (age) ratio. 128GB or more is recommended.

Great to see Viofo making cards available as there have been shortages of SD cards for some time. :)

Only point to consider is TLC memory, although more expensive has higher durability. Maybe you might want to consider a TLC line at some point in the future.

You are confusing TLC with MLC. MLC is better technology.

enjoy,
Mtz

Yeah you're right. Dangers of being up most of the night (not been well).

Great prices Viofo. I'm sure these will absolutely fly out and thanks for making them available as quality SD is hard to obtain these days.

Last edited:
Back